Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: WTF is wrong with auctions?

Yes I do. Example?

Player X - first round lets say he got 5 offers, so 5 players move into KO round with me leading the pack. Now, if I don't outbid myself I will either win - or get sniped. If someone outbids me at 0:01 or something like that - he wins. It's stupid, because I either waste a token and outbid myself to make sure I will AT LEAST make it to the next round, or I risk getting sniped because if someone decide to do that - I won't get a chance to bid on him again.

Quote Originally Posted by Victusify View Post
    I see wisdom in your words, though my point is simple - when Im leading the pack in aucton, then - I like it or not - I HAVE to outbid myself, to make sure I won't get sniped. If I don't do it - 95% of times, I will get sniped. Why do I have to waste tokens like that, just to be considered as a user who wants this player, while Im leading the auction for it? :/
    No you don't.

Say you are person 1 and I am person 2.

In the first round I put in a bid with 10 mins to go. You then put in a bid with 4 mins to go. Regardless of if you bid again, you will be in to the next round.

The second round starts. If I don't bid again, you will win the player, as you were the last person to put the bid in.

If I bid again in the second round with 45 seconds to go I then become the bid leader. I will win the player if no one else bids on him. If you bid again in the second round as well - be it with 40 seconds to go or 1 second to go, it will go to a third round.

Regardless of if you bid first or second in the second round, if we BOTH bid within that 1 min time frame then the auction will go to round 3.

In round 3 it starts again. If we BOTH bid (regardless of when we bid in the round - with 10 seconds or 1 to go) then it goes to round 4. If only one person bids in round 3 that person wins the bid. If no one bids again in round 3 then the LAST person to bid in round two wins.

The only way bidding last in a round will give you an advantage is if NO ONE bids in the following round.

If you get your bid in early in EACH round then it doesn't matter who else bids or how many times they bid, you will qualify for the next round. Only when you are the only person bidding in a round do you win the player (Or if no one bids at all in the round, the last bidder wins). You have to bid in EVERY round to guarantee you will get the player and advance to the next round of bidding. If you don't bid then you can get sniped out at the last second - so if you are willing to bid, bid early.

The simple fact is last minute bidding will only ever get you the player if NO ONE ELSE bids in the next round. If you are prepared to bid in the next round, then bid early so you know your token has been accepted. It is that simple.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Yeah, kynan - makes sense. But what Im talking about is situation when KO round starts and Im leading the auction. Then I have to outbid myself, to be considered for another round. If I don't, Im risking getting sniped. That's all I have a problem with.

Quote Originally Posted by Victusify View Post
    Yeah, kynan - makes sense. But what Im talking about is situation when KO round starts and Im leading the auction. Then I have to outbid myself, to be considered for another round. If I don't, Im risking getting sniped. That's all I have a problem with.
    You don't have to outbid, but you run the risk of being outbidded - just like in any auction. Your second bid is your first bid of the next round, which is what puts you in the lead for the player should no one else show interest.

If two people show interest in a player then as a general rule you need to be prepared to put down at least one more token in the next round to guarantee the player.

Its a bidding strategy, there is nothing wrong with it. If it didn't cost to bid then everyone would bid on everything regardless of if they needed it, just because they could.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

You just have to place a bid in every round. I don't understand this is so hard to understand

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

I know. I have no problem with bidding another token if I want that player. But I want to have a chance to do that. Like I said in example - when Im leading coming into new KO Round and no else bids for 55 seconds (or 25, depends on which round) Im at risk of being sniped. And if someone decides to do that last second, I have no chance to fight back and put that other token. That's what Im talking about all the time. Its not fair that I may have to outbid myself, only to give myself a chance to enter next round if someone decides to play a sniper... :/

Just to make it crystal clear, that's the situation Im talking about:

Player X, normal round of auction - 5 offers, Im leading auction.
    KO Round number 1: Im leading, no one bids
    Last second of round 1: someone snipes.
    Then auction ends and sniper wins.

To avoid that situation I would have to outbid myself - then system would see that Im interested (Because it looks like leading the auction doesn't mean Im interested in him) and create next KO round. If I don't outbid myself, it will end with sniper winning. Which sounds pretty unfair to me...

If you have some notion of outbidding yourself then you are right. But you are not outbidding yourself, you are participating in the round.

Its a round by round mechanic. It only counts back to the leader from the previous round if no one bids in the current round. If you understand that then the risk is clear.

Leader bidding can be successful in the initial round if you are taking the chance that the other is offline/afk - I call it the Offline Steal. But you need to bid in advance of the end of the initial round to discourage others from trying the same, imo.

Safest way as said before is bid in each round - set your max spend and get out when you reach it or learn who are the crazy bidders and avoid them.

Dreamer
    If you choose not to bid in the next KO round, why should you get that player?
    Sometimes you get lucky and get it anyway by default, but if you really want a player, why would you rely on this?

Every round in a new auction, so if you are unable or unwilling to bid each round, then someone else is likely to come along that is.

But if the situation is like this:

KO Round 1: 3 players placed bids and Im leading, then if no one is bidding in KO Rd 2 - Im getting that player. So leading into KO rounds counts, right? So I kinda do outbid myself in that situation... :/

I just try to treasure tokens, becuase like I wrote - those are priiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiceless to me, since only way I can get them is TV rights deal, which gives me 1 token a day and 2 tokens each 4 days. With that, Im barely able to bid anyway and only for lower class players, because I simply don't have enough tokens to compete for those guys... :/

Quote Originally Posted by BridgeGoth View Post
    If you choose not to bid in the next KO round, why should you get that player?
    Sometimes you get lucky and get it anyway by default, but if you really want a player, why would you rely on this?

Every round in a new auction, so if you are unable or unwilling to bid each round, then someone else is likely to come along that is.
    Like said here, if you do not chose to bid i KO round, and the other does, I think its only fair he wins

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast