Page 50 of 62 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Like Tree2081Likes

Thread: Season 67 - Week 4

Palace Casuals' interest in the Champions League has been snuffed out on the back of a 2nd leg draw against a very defensive opponent who wanted to hold on to his 3-2 1st leg advantage. With nothing to lose, Casuals threw the kitchen sink at the Diptesh's back 5 in a bid to get the one goal that would be needed to draw on aggregate and win on away goals, but the breakthrough only came in the 76th minute when ST Ramos arrived late in the area and headed a Shaqiri corner off the bar into the net. However, the answering roar from the capacity crowd was silenced a few minutes later when the visitors had the temerity to venture across the half-way line and score an equaliser...

"So now we concentrate on the league," said the exhausted Casuals Management. "We'll PM the Semi-Final games when the dust has settled and see what lessons we need to learn about dealing with an opponent who clearly doesn't want to make a game of it..."
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Rookie
    talisman best of luck for the rest of the League with the Casuals.

Jedi Knights is sitting in a Dodgy 3rd in League with 3 Games left, but I play the League Leader in the last.
    No CUP, No Champs - so all for League Glory now also

My Feeder Team knocked out of Cup - but final in Semis of Champs in the morning and hanging into the League for a strong finish hopefully- Plan B!

Well, and with a 5-0 against Thomas, we need just 1 point to win the title(coz there's no goal average^^) , we face these days Barcelona, Ghosts, and Davide FC so

Season 67 - Week 4-j23-port-vale-t32-bay.jpg

AMAZING SEASON!! (so far)

League - First with too many points ahead.
    CL - All 3 matches against teams 1 level above me!!
    Cup - Easy one. Final with team 3 levels below me. (Best player: 3 stars)

Despite being drawn to a CL with unbalanced level teams (most of the teams 39 level), I was able to reach the final.
    Only one match left for a treble. Wish me luck.

Season 67 - Week 4-cl.jpg

Season 67 - Week 4-leagu-cup.jpg

Well, I will change the name of Port Vale FC, The next season I will select a name between, FC Copenhague / F. C. København, Leeds United, Girona FC, or... lets say another team of our history, Bayer Leverkussen.
    Port Vale will end the story with 2 League titles and a final of the Champions League.

Having lost the chance of the Champions League earlier, Palace Casuals turned their sights on the League. Away at FC Brandenburg, again the might of the Casuals attack fell on resilient defence, and only a long-range shot in the 77th minute by the home side found the net. So the League looks like slipping away as well, as apart from an early injury to MC Christie, ST Neagu and left winger Hansen both picked up bookings, which mean they miss the next match, which is against the league leaders...

*Head Scratching time* - the league leaders use the Narrow Diamond formation (as did today's league opponents). 4-5-1V has previously stood me in good stead but relied upon the wingers to provide the attack around the opponent's central block. I certainly have a replacement for Hansen but he's very much a second string player - what other formation could I use, or just go for broke and put the players in and let them get on with it?
    Last edited by talisman; 06-24-2015 at 04:50 PM.
    nikolgiorgos likes this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Who would've thought that 1 week ago:-) 1 point vs the 9th tomorrow and I even win with games remaining,I told my friend the season doesn't finish after 3 weeks! And safe to Say Gomez wins again the goal rating,and maybe again all 3,my friends higher 8star challenged him again,but of course not a chance. Cl second leg still to come,have a 1:2 advantage from the away game,so I go defensive and the long ball forward to Gomez will hopefully come
    Season 67 - Week 4-uploadfromtaptalk1435166093552.jpgSeason 67 - Week 4-uploadfromtaptalk1435166105020.jpg

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Planning on boosting my construction to give the fans a show as we win the league at home in the last game.
    no, don't waste your T that way. When I won my first treble (lv5) I bought for the team my first premium jersey. It's better investment and fun.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

United Update

arg I could not log on at start because of a soccer match

Logged in, and already behind with two, oh no

But we managed a great comeback and a decent result. But now the league title is out of my hands I can just hope

Season 67 - Week 4-league.jpg
    Season 67 - Week 4-rating.jpg
    Season 67 - Week 4-tab.jpg

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

I was only going to spend 10T lol. But if Cat and Nik say not to...

Page 50 of 62 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast