Page 44 of 76 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Like Tree2401Likes

Thread: Season 68

Quote Originally Posted by Gabez Teh View Post
    Speaking of old players

Here is my "new" ST... i didn't regret the 11-12 token (had a little war for him)

He is a beast and an executioner in one person

Attachment 49595
    Very nice! Yes,old fellows can really make the difference,especially if its later in season,no time for training o whatever,an old guy with great attributes is the best solution ,at least for a short term like a season:-) his attributes are high enough to keep him the 2 seasons till he retires in my squad,but of course maybe he's not performing then,but now he does,that's important:-)
    Gabez Teh and pcmacdaniel like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabez Teh View Post
    Speaking of old players

Here is my "new" ST... i didn't regret the 11-12 token (had a little war for him)

He is a beast and an executioner in one person

Attachment 49595
    Very good statistics in attack!!!

This season I bid 1 ST 49Q 29 years old (1 goal/match average!) and 1 AMC 49Q 30 years old (1 goal/2 match average!), I'm level 6 like you, very happy with these.

Gallina vieja no hace mal caldo (Spanish tipical sentece about this...)

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Renn View Post
    1 token grandpa striker is really the man.came on after HT played left wing for Gascoigne,but he didn't care left wing o striker,gave the 2nd goal.:-) very reliable old man!Attachment 49594
    \o/ Grandpa was well worth the gamble.

Reminds me of that old Left Winger. *dream sequence*

\o/ *Buffs Spam* \o/

League
    : Buffs FC travel to second with a 1 point lead.
    The opposition stroll out in 433, the Buffs march out in 4141.
    The Buffs leave with a 4 point lead.

It looked as if the Buffs had went part-time again after 2 1st half goals but Harper popped up in the 80th to complete his hat-trick and the 3-0 win.

We've not scored a double corner yet this season (only seen a few) but thankfully we defended 1 today. Assists for CK takers are still down this Season. (Maybe I should stop just assuming CKs have been tweaked and change them)
    Last edited by Buffs Mad; 07-12-2015 at 07:31 PM. Reason: forgot to put score in

Rookie
    Rocket Hotspur won 1-3 in the first leg away from home in the CL Top 16, without the benefit of their manager to guide them. Considering it was mostly reserves and subs this was a great result. Former starting striker Pasquel Le Guen provided an assist and two goals to earn him a 10 rating.

In the league, where we had dropped from first to third while others played their games before us, wholesale changes were made to the starting line up. With only 2 players from the CL game retaining their places.

We dominated from the off, but our shooting wasn't up to scratch, with only 1 on target from 9 in the first half, as we went 1-0 into the break. It remained at 1-0 despite the opposition losing a player to a red card, but with about 20 minutes left on the clock, we made a couple of quick changes and managed to score two late goals to seal a 3-0 win and move back to the top of the league by 2 points.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by La Morralla FS View Post
    Very good statistics in attack!!!

This season I bid 1 ST 49Q 29 years old (1 goal/match average!) and 1 AMC 49Q 30 years old (1 goal/2 match average!), I'm level 6 like you, very happy with these.

Gallina vieja no hace mal caldo (Spanish tipical sentece about this...)
    Ty!

behold my team

(some players got green fast train, never used tokens)

Season 68-6thteam.jpg

Sons of Pitches are back to the top of the table after beating the previous league leader Vitor FC by 3 goals to none. The players have listened to their manager and got the positive reaction required after losing in the last round.

The atmosphere at the stadium was ecstatic and the team has the belief of winning the league. Can they hold their nerves till the end?

"Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that" - Bill Shankly

Firecats news

They had an excellent sunday

Season 68-sun.png

The Italian keeper is holding his 8,2 rating average and 11 MVP, nice !

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Famous
    Won 3:0 in league today against 6th, as my star ST Blatter picked up a hat trick. Formations were my 3n-1-4-2 against his 4-1-2-1-2 Narrow Diamond.

Champions: Match still to play (I'll edit this post once match is finished). Opponent has me very worried as I've had a lot of problems vs. his formation (4-3w-3) in the past and he does have a strong team. I'm trying out a wide diamond here today, may adjust if things aren't going well...

EDIT: Champions League update; things didn't start well, as we fell behind on a 7th minute goal, where the score would remain until the 44th minute, when AMC Sneijder blasted home a rocket to knot the score at 1, into the half. Ambrossi would start the 2nd half strong, going ahead 2:1 with a 61st minute goal. We immediately responded with the 62nd minute equalizer and would add a brace (Cusba and Blatter) in the next 10 minutes and would dodge repeated bullets in the final 10 minutes, holding on for a 4:2 victory.

Ratings were more in the back as my GK and 4 defenders combined for three "6's" and two "7's" but the midfield picked the up as we won a hard fought game against a quality Ambrossi side.

Opponent didn't watch the match, and used 4-3w-3 all match; whereas I used the 4-1-2-1-2 WD and sometimes moved my DMC/MC up into a 4-3w-1-2.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 07-12-2015 at 09:16 PM.

Mid Season Review:

Hoofers are sitting tenuously on top of the league. Chelsea FC has helped our cause greatly by beating the former league leader at home today. Squad is a little thinner after negotiation sales but with only the CL and league to worry about, shouldn't have an issue with depth.

Injury bug came and went with 3 players going down in 2 days. Pervan will return to training upon new matchday and will likely feature in the 2nd home leg of CL Bo16 tomorrow.

Here's the numbers.
    Season 68-s8d15table.jpgSeason 68-s8d15stats.jpg

I also had a weird skill spike for a late defender substitution in a friendly game. He came on in the 87th, the opponents scored a goal on his side. he must have learned his lesson well because look...
    Season 68-fsgs8d15.jpg

My girlfriend's team is undefeated so far this season.
    Season 68-vs3d15.jpgSeason 68-vs2d15stats.jpg

Page 44 of 76 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast