Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Buffs Mad
  • 1 Post By Gabez Teh
  • 1 Post By Buffs Mad

Thread: Offsides Non Existent

Offsides Non Existent

Has anyone noticed a player being 'said' to be in offside position? Players always seem to be through on goal. I have doubts whether offsides exist in this game and whether the offside trap does something.
    Last edited by Tactician; 07-04-2015 at 10:46 AM.

Devs said in the past Offsides exist but are not shown in Commentary. We have asked for a counter in the stats. (There are ofc many long balls, passes etc that suddenly come to nothing.) Tbh I wouldn't want offsides in the Commentary - they could get annoying - but a Counter is necessary imo. (But hey if they can make the FK counter meaningless........)

There are offsides in the live action highlights.

But I repeat I want a counter in the stats - its supposed to be a football management sim where meaningful stats, that are related to the management options, should be king.
    Last edited by Buffs Mad; 07-04-2015 at 11:07 AM.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    Has anyone noticed a player being 'said' to be in offside position? Players always seem to be through on goal. I have doubts whether offsides exist in this game and whether the offside trap does something.
    You can clearly see in Live Beta app (don't hesitate download it and test it) i had several Off-sides there
    Last edited by Gabez Teh; 07-04-2015 at 08:52 PM.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Till now Ive been noticed only about offfield or oncampingmode LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Gabez Teh View Post
    You can clearly see in Live Beta app (don't hesitate download it and test it) i had several Off-sides there
    Yes, but I'm talking about the stable version; the one that is used on desktops and laptops using a facebook account; the one that is available on Nordeus website and on facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffs Mad View Post
    Devs said in the past Offsides exist but are not shown in Commentary. We have asked for a counter in the stats. (There are ofc many long balls, passes etc that suddenly come to nothing.) Tbh I wouldn't want offsides in the Commentary - they could get annoying - but a Counter is necessary imo. (But hey if they can make the FK counter meaningless........)

There are offsides in the live action highlights.

But I repeat I want a counter in the stats - its supposed to be a football management sim where meaningful stats, that are related to the management options, should be king.
    I doubt that offsides exist in this game.
    A 'counter' will act as proof as whether offsides do exist in this game. Also, it will help users to see if their offside tactics are working or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    I doubt that offsides exist in this game.
    A 'counter' will act as proof as whether offsides do exist in this game. Also, it will help users to see if their offside tactics are working or not.
    You could ofc compare the commentary on 2 devices to see what is happening in the "oh, an offside!" beta and the "no offsides" fb/t11 site versions to confirm your doubts or see if one of those passages of play that goes nowhere in the commentary coincides with an offside. Just like we had to do to confirm commentary variations on different devices for the same events.

Here's some previous threads in Suggestions where I make the same tired comments I have above. (There were ofc many similar threads both before and after in General Discussion, Tactics, Suggestions and Bugs both before and after these by better folks than me.)

http://forum.topeleven.com/suggestio...des-games.html
    http://forum.topeleven.com/suggestio...ide-throw.html
    http://forum.topeleven.com/suggestio...yer-stats.html

EDIT: Had another thought (dangerous, I know) but now that the FK counter includes all FKs (allegedly) then we might see the count going up when offsides occur. But this, in tandem with the 'passages of play going nowhere', I'd file under half-arsed workarounds compared to a proper Offsides Counter.
    Last edited by Buffs Mad; 07-05-2015 at 02:19 PM. Reason: added links & thought
    Cat Harrison likes this.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    why bother with programming the check box for trap if there was no offsides?
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    why bother with programming the check box for trap if there was no offsides?
    Ask the game developers.

I did some further testing utilising the Beta and T11 site app and it seems that the 'passages of play going nowhere' are rarer now and Beta App Offsides in Live Action more often than not end with tackles, interceptions and dispossession in the t11 app Commentary - which ofc is nonsense. Seems to me that the commentary is getting worse all the time and if we assume offsides are occuring then you wouldn't know it from the commentary and couldn't even guess it. If we assume that Offsides are not occuring then the commentary gives evidence to this.

So, the best I can say now is that the commentary isn't, consistently, worth that much beyond indicating who has possession and what direction they are going in. I'll post pics when/if I can find my old ones.
    Last edited by Buffs Mad; 07-05-2015 at 04:40 PM. Reason: added 'consistently'