Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Striker Missing Chances And Not Scoring Enough Goals

Quote Originally Posted by Killroy View Post
    Your expectations are high to be honest. There is no golden rule to get a striker that will Always score. A level 31 striker will outplay most defenders at your level. But there are a lot of variables to take into consideration.
    1) What teams are you facing? Stronger then you or all weak teams? If the teams are stronger then your striker will score less. If he is only facing weak teams then his scoring is low.
    2) What kind of tactic are you playing? Is he a lone striker or does he get supported by wingers and attacking mid fields?
    3) How is the rest of team playing? If other players are scoring like mad then your striker could be one of the reasons. In normal football a good striker is not only a player who makes decisive goals but also a player that can distract 1-3 defenders. That way he opens up opportunities for other players.
    4) Is there a second striker next to him? How does he play? Is this player playing on the left because of his left footing? If not try to switch him out.

As you can see, a lot of variables. If you compare him to my best strikers. First strike has one on one SA. He has 25 matches, 25 goals and 5 assists. Average score of 7,8. Second striker has 12 goals and 12 assists. Average score of 7,5. I am satisfied with both. My mid field is also scoring like crazy. Number 1 in the league.

1. Weaker teams.
    2. Depends on the formations used, but always supported (wingers or AMC or another ST).
    3. Much lower value and slow training striker (from last season) scoring more goals than him; also, he seems to have more presence on the pitch.
    4. Supported by another ST or not, he does not seem to perform well in terms of scoring goals from open play, especially in important matches.

What is even more annoying is the missed chances, especially in important matches. This is one of the main reasons why I'm considering to sell him.

The only reasons why I have kept him is because of his fast training ability and his attributes profile. But, I'm again considering selling him at the end of the season as performance on the pitch is what matters most. I have to ask others (as a precaution) as they may have come across such a player before where the player is like this the first season and changes after a season, where he turns out to be one of the best players.
    Last edited by Tactician; 07-16-2015 at 08:24 AM.

Or may be Nordeus wants me to train him for a one-on-one special ability, so that he stops missing chances.
    But, that will cost at least 50 tokens (to buy the green packs). It is better to buy other players next season with those tokens. So, should he be sold at the end of this season for funding purchases next season, or will he become a better player next season?
    Last edited by Tactician; 07-16-2015 at 08:29 AM.

Pro
    It is all a matter of personal taste. If you are not satisfied him then sell him and use the money to get a good replacement. There are some hidden factors in the game that nobody knows. Factors as why does somebody perform well or bad, why does one score or not, etc.... It seems you have researched this player enough.
    Tactician likes this.
    FC Knudde:
    Seasons: 46
    League won: 33
    CL won: 10
    Cup won: 4

FC Killroy:
    Seasons: 32
    League won: 20
    CL won: 6
    Superleague: 3
    Cup won: 7

OK, now that I knw he has loads of assists on top of goals scored against whipping boys, I believe you should keep him. When I said make him a secondary striker, I don't mean for you to bench him. What I mean is that you should pair him with another striker who will feed off his assists.

We both are probably eying the same sort of striker - a 20 goal striker who can win us a crunch match.

I am lucky I have Enrico Chiesa for Go Leo who scores when he wants to and Jurgen Voller for Los Galaxy who does exactly that and provides assists as well. His partner in Los Galaxy, Mario Klose, scores against whipping boys and provides assists for Voller. I gotten Klose first but when I saw that he didnt score enough, I stumbled upon Voller and it was a match made in T11. His league stats as of yesterday.

Striker Missing Chances And Not Scoring Enough Goals-screenshot_2015-07-15-21-06-05.jpg

But believe me, it wasnt easy finding them. Again, trial and error.
    Last edited by Qambu Yaasi; 07-16-2015 at 08:51 AM.
    Tactician likes this.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

You do need to take a big picture view. Are your Wingers, AMCs, MCs etc scoring too? Goals and Assists are the same thing for your team but ofc goals are the headline stats for a Striker.

But I understand your problem. Without decent Management-focussed stats for players such as goal attempts/on target etc for strikers (and others for different roles) its hard to judge true 'success'.

If its not enough for you sell him but he's not that bad and its not been that many games so wait and decide later. (Just a few too many 7s but I'm having similar problems.)
    Tactician likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffs Mad View Post
    You do need to take a big picture view. Are your Wingers, AMCs, MCs etc scoring too? Goals and Assists are the same thing for your team but ofc goals are the headline stats for a Striker.

But I understand your problem. Without decent Management-focussed stats for players such as goal attempts/on target etc for strikers (and others for different roles) its hard to judge true 'success'.

If its not enough for you sell him but he's not that bad and its not been that many games so wait and decide later. (Just a few too many 7s but I'm having similar problems.)
    My wingers and midfielders have performed satisfactorily in terms of goals and assists.

This striker does not even appear on the top goal-scoring chart for the league (so far), while other teams have their strikers (despite being of lower quality) on the chart.

By the way, I have a problem with my goalkeepers too. They did not keep enough clean sheets; they conceded goals against much weaker teams and obtained ratings of 6. Sometimes, based on the comments, they don't even make one save, as if the goalkeeper was not between the posts. One goalkeeper was bought in previous season from the transfer market and he was the first choice goalkeeper until I bought a goalkeeper from the scout list this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    My wingers and midfielders have performed satisfactorily in terms of goals and assists.

This striker does not even appear on the top goal-scoring chart for the league (so far), while other teams have their strikers (despite being of lower quality) on the chart.
    My position is different but similar.

My Striker (often lone striker) is not on the charts but both Wingers are top. However my Striker is Top on Assists by a long way. And Top performer but closely followed by wingers.

But still I have the same feeling. Is he getting chances and missing, or passing or both? My Striker averages a goal a game (nearly 2 assists) but my team 6 - is it enough? Well, its not this season, but it was last season and the one before so I'll just wait.

Last Season the top scorer in my league was 4th placed team. Sometimes if the goals are spread your faced with the question is my Striker contributing to that in a positive way or are they spread because he's failing.

Difficult decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffs Mad View Post
    My position is different but similar.

My Striker (often lone striker) is not on the charts but both Wingers are top. However my Striker is Top on Assists by a long way. And Top performer but closely followed by wingers.

But still I have the same feeling. Is he getting chances and missing, or passing or both? My Striker averages a goal a game (nearly 2 assists) but my team 6 - is it enough? Well, its not this season, but it was last season and the one before so I'll just wait.

Last Season the top scorer in my league was 4th placed team. Sometimes if the goals are spread your faced with the question is my Striker contributing to that in a positive way or are they spread because he's failing.

Difficult decision.
    Based on the comments, I have noticed mine missing a lot of chances; he missed more than those he took. This is what annoys me, especially when he misses 2 or more chances in important matches and does not score any goal.

Dreamer
    Once he got two consecutive 7 bench him for two days and he will be alright

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast