Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Striker Missing Chances And Not Scoring Enough Goals

Pro
    His age is 18. But I don't know if he was bought as a nordgen to be honest. I was blinded by his price, youth and SA
    FC Knudde:
    Seasons: 46
    League won: 33
    CL won: 10
    Cup won: 4

FC Killroy:
    Seasons: 32
    League won: 20
    CL won: 6
    Superleague: 3
    Cup won: 7

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    Based on the comments
    Sometimes i'm watching my important games via the beta app and i saw that case in "button football"** view

***btw we (hungarians) are the best in button football or sectorball in pro term. :P It's a traditional table sport from hungary and it's originates from somewhere 1910
    that's why i REALLY like the beta app (coz similar to sectorball)

Quote Originally Posted by Killroy View Post
    His age is 18. But I don't know if he was bought as a nordgen to be honest. I was blinded by his price, youth and SA
    He is probably a nordgen. I bought an 18 year old nordgen with S.A too - a DR who trains decently. But his ratings has been 6s and 7s so far.

There is still a risk if they are sold at the end of the season as like I have said what if they start to perform as they should as from the second season (that is, as from 19 years of age), then it would be a loss.

It would also be a loss if they are not sold at the end of this season because of the significant drop in M.V when you move into the next level next season.

My main striker this year improve a lot when I changed his partner in attack, first he was good in assistance, but scored few goals, now he has decent (really good!) numbers.

Before the change: 6 matches / 1 goal / 4 assistances / 0 MOM
    Later the change: 12 matches / 11 goals / 4 assistances / 3 MOM

I bid a tall striker (195, 92 kg) and maybe he fight with the defenders meanwhile the main striker scored

Think in this before to sell this player.
    Tactician likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by La Morralla FS View Post
    My main striker this year improve a lot when I changed his partner in attack, first he was good in assistance, but scored few goals, now he has decent (really good!) numbers.

Before the change: 6 matches / 1 goal / 4 assistances / 0 MOM
    Later the change: 12 matches / 11 goals / 4 assistances / 3 MOM

I bid a tall striker (195, 92 kg) and maybe he fight with the defenders meanwhile the main striker scored

Think in this before to sell this player.
    Was he absent on the pitch before or was he missing many chances?

Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    Was he absent on the pitch before or was he missing many chances?
    I can't remenber, sorry
    Normally he's good assistant but thus season I need his goals and I proved to put a tall and strong striker close (not too close LOL...) and this works.
    He always participes in the game, in pass or scored, I'll pay attention and notify you

Hi!
    I'm on holidays Then I can't play.
    But I observed the striker like I promise.
    He shoots out of goal 1/2 times in every match, but less.
    Now I'm testing in free kicks and assits very good too

Pro
    Reviving this older post. My striker from first season who missed an enormous amount of chances is right now the star in the second season. He is the topscorer in the league and is third on the ratings with a solid 8. In the first season he only scored 6-7's mostly. Right now his numbers are:

League: 9 games, 8 goals, 1 assist, 1MoM
    Champions league: 5 games, 9 goals, 5 assists, 2 MoM
    Cup: 2 games, 1 assist (of course against a higher level player with some very unfortunate results)

Overall this striker has 1 goal and 0,5 assist per match which makes him a very good striker. At the end of the first season I was so prepared to sell him
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    FC Knudde:
    Seasons: 46
    League won: 33
    CL won: 10
    Cup won: 4

FC Killroy:
    Seasons: 32
    League won: 20
    CL won: 6
    Superleague: 3
    Cup won: 7

I think ur player is good enough. It sometimes depends on your tactics.
    But look at his ratings......Quite good enough. He is doing his job. But maybe ur other players aren't helping him.

I bought two strikers at 4-5am one morning earlier this season, starting details below:

Striker Missing Chances And Not Scoring Enough Goals-pc-anthony-petrovski.jpgStriker Missing Chances And Not Scoring Enough Goals-pc-liam-cashman.jpg

Petrovski started scoring immediately, until he got injured (currently 4 games 3 goals 1 assist), but Cashman took 4-5 games to get into the groove and is now banging them in regularly (currently 14 games 6 goals 1 assist)...

I think an average of a goal every 1-2 games is not stellar, but as long as he's contributing to the game and others are scoring too then I'm happy with it. One of the duties of a striker is to get in amongst the defence and stir them up a bit. If they're concentrating on the one that should be scoring then others have got a chance to sneak in and put the ball in the net...
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234