Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Like Tree252Likes

Thread: Mythbusters of top eleven

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    You can use any player in a different position from his initial and maybe perform better there
    From my experiences since I started playing this game, there have been a very rare case where a player performed better when put at another position other than where he is expected to do well according to what information is provided to you visually (attributes, special ability and so on). Way back (around 2 years ago), I had an MC/AMC with shadow striker special ability that was bought from the auction market. He did not perform as expected at AMC position and nothing much at MC position too. I quit playing the game seriously at that time, and I was no longer maintaining my team as such. In some matches, the game put him as DMC when the first team DMC got injured. He had very good ratings, and even better than the DMCs I had in the team. For that particular case, maybe the player was an MC and was trained AMC and the shadow striker special ability, but he turned out to be playing better at DMC position despite being marked out of position.

Then there is another situation: the information provided concerning the player indicates that the player can do well at another position. I had a few players like those. I trained some them that particular position and some of them did well but there were under-performers or players that did not perform as expected too.

But in this game, for certain occasions and even periods, even the players that should not be performing well when put to play at certain positions will unexpectedly do well probably because the game wants that particular team to do well for that occasion or during that period. This includes the fixed matches and the troll matches.
    Last edited by Tactician; 07-13-2017 at 12:05 AM.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

just put it this way, my goalkeeper have no attack skill no freekick sa have score 3 in 5 freekick not a bad ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by HairDryer View Post
    just put it this way, my goalkeeper have no attack skill no freekick sa have score 3 in 5 freekick not a bad ratio.
    Things just happen in this game to satisfy the outcomes that the game engine has calculated. If the game calculated that your team will say score two goals from free-kicks and two goals from corners, it will have to happen even if you put your GK as free-kick and corner kick taker. Some people on the forum experimented with goalkeepers at corners, free-kicks and penalties. It turned out that the GKs were indeed doing things at an unexpected level and against the logic of football. The same applies to those 2-3 star goalkeepers suddenly turned like a super goalkeeper and the 6-8 stars goalkeepers suddenly turned into mediocre goalkeepers. Those things happen because things have to go in such a way to satisfy what the game engine has calculated. So, even facing a 2-star goalkeeper will be like a mountain if the game decided that your team will not score in this particular match for whatever reasons. In other words, the game lacks a lot of logic.
    Last edited by Tactician; 07-13-2017 at 12:17 AM.
    brolly and KenoticFC like this.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

Myths or facts ? :
    - You can use any player in a different position from his initial and maybe perform better there
    - A playmaker sa helps for corner kicks
    - A high or low crossing skill has no effect at corners (the same for all the other skills - lol)
    - There aren't good/bad players (if we judge from the rates).
    I use Neskens as for C-K . He can give some assists so with that, he gets better rates.
    If he was only a simple DMC , he wouldn't have so good rates.
    That's why we cannot see if a defender (no kicker) is good or bad.
    Niko do you think that certain special abilities work better in certain positions. One playmaker I had was a ML DML whom I bought in the scout market and I didn't see any difference weather in assists or other stats. The same for a RM. Does this mean that the playmaker suits better central playing players.

As far as there are no good or bad players that's kinda true since I've seen even in this forum 3 star veteran players with great performance ratings.
    But it's still tricky to have them since its also important to have players of the level you are currently in (otherwise why have the team% rating at all)
    That's kinda confusing to me, even if I have a great player who has served me well once his growth stops I feel the need to replace him with a younger higher rated player, maybe that's a mistake but I think these exceptional players that perform well after losing stars are a rarity,

Famous
    yea, well, more than this

Attachment 84591

Myths or facts ? :
    - A high or low crossing skill has no effect at corners (the same for all the other skills - lol)
    I think when it comes to crosses, the abilities of the players on the end of the cross matter. For example, lets say I have an AML w/ 200% crossing, and a ST w/ 50% finishing. A good corner taker, will give my strikers more opportunities to use his finishing skill, however that corner taker won't increase his 50% finishing skill.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 07-13-2017 at 06:31 PM.
    Level 40 Manager

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    The Myth of the GK training trick
    I already wrote that to Fast trainers thread #461
    https://forum.topeleven.com/tutorial...ainers-47.html

so let's add it here.
    It's the myth of using the GK set of drills to gain more than the usual.
    Actually is the same. The only thing that can make a difference is if you have a lucky roll-dice in the last alone drill that gives the massive skills (but still it's not more than a +-10% )

Still continuing the conversation in a T11 fb group, so to finish with that Myth, I offered a bet.

Mythbusters of top eleven-gk-trick-1-cover.jpg

Mythbusters of top eleven-gk-trick-2-.jpg

Mythbusters of top eleven-gk-trick-4-.jpg

The same challenge is for the forum members too.
    I 'm here
    FC Dacia Terra likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Already tried that training scheme, with good success...

Fresh from the Youth Academy...

Mythbusters of top eleven-dr-jack-mace-10ty.jpg

After 6 rounds of the above training, using the 'Attacking Midfielder' regime, 121* rest packs used.

Mythbusters of top eleven-dr-jack-mace-pt6.jpg

*More used than anticipated per above as my training drills are only '3 Whistle' level whereas the author of the scheme is 'Globe' level.

I'll say the training scheme works, but whether it works the same with all players of same age and starting Quality remains to be seen. I'm not ready to fully endorse it without further trials, but it looks impressive for now...
    Last edited by talisman; 07-30-2017 at 01:38 PM.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

contests and bettings everywhere lol

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    @talisman
    After 6 rounds of the above training, using the 'Attacking Midfielder' regime, 121* rest packs used.
    I'll say the training scheme works, but whether it works the same with all players of same age and starting Quality remains to be seen. I'm not ready to fully endorse it without further trials, but it looks impressive for now...
    Very good example to confirm my words.
    So, your player from q 78 went to q 85.
    This is 7q .
    You are an old version player too, so can understand better for next explanation.
    1 q is 15 old skill points (1 star = 5 q, 5 q = 15 s.p., 1 star = 75 s.p.).
    So your player earned 7q X15 s.p. = 105 old skill points.
    121 greens X15 (condition) = 1815 total condition / 18 =100,83
    What is 18 ? It's the condition loss if setting 3 bars/practice match.
    So, it's like you made this training in old version, 100 times and you earned 105 s.p.

A couple of times I signed a 4* academy player, he could do some + 130-140 till his 5* and later as a high 5* player, could do avg +100 (1 sp) in this training (3 bars/practice - 18% condition loss).

So I cannot see anything impressive , just the progress of a regular fast trainer.
    You could succeed this progress (more or less) with normal drill sets for his position with the same amount of greens.

Anther prove :
    If you spent 121 greens to make a player from high 4* to early 5* (about 1,5 star) how someone with 115 greens can make a 8* to 9* ?

A new official jersey is waiting the "magician"
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 07-30-2017 at 04:05 PM.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Famous
    I just trained a player from 35% to 120% using goalkeeper training most of the way.

Player progressed as normal, with the growth rate gradually slowing as he moved to a higher stars level. Getting to 120% is pretty quick and easy, it only cost somewhere in the 350-400 rest range to do that, and that was with me finishing off a triple role on my player.

20 rest = finshing off triple role
    16 rest 35%-40%
    150 rest 40%-80%
    90 rest 80%-100%
    110 rest 100-120%

P.S. not exact numbers but was pretty close to that w/ GK training...

I was using too sequences.

GK, GK, GK, GK, GK, GK. Assignment of skills is somewhat random it seemed, something like + 38% shooting, +33% passing and +41% shooting occurs with this setup.

and

GK, GK, GK, GK, GK, drill (Long run for example). Sometimes I got back +2% fitness, +3% speed, other times +1% fitness, +2% speed,but it all balanced out in the end. .

It was in the 70-80 rest range all the way to 80%, a little slower at the 80-100% range, and between 100-120 used to go from 100% to 120%.

However, I do think we need to thankful to the admin in charge of that training for sharing it. One thing i've noticed is that when it comes to training our players, many managers in western nations, Africa, etc... don't train their players as well as in the Far East. When we play against the Chinese, I see a larger percentage of the player pool with a low grays stats average, compared to say Europe. So hopefully discussions like about previously lesser known topics such as goalkeeper training and other training procedures can help those of us close the gap on the Far East managers in regards to quality of the players.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 07-30-2017 at 05:06 PM.
    nikolgiorgos likes this.
    Level 40 Manager

Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast