Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2262707172
Like Tree1870Likes

Thread: Season 76 - Are you ready?

Palace Terriers end-of-season report.

Palace Terriers started their 9th season at Level 9, and being runners-up in their Level 8 League, were expecting to go one better this season.

The League season for Palace Terriers was one great success, winning the League Championship with their record number of points and goals scored, going through the 100 goal barrier for the first time. Starting with a middling Quality, the Management's careful replacement policy and the rapid improvements in players due to intensive training saw Terriers' overall Quality increase and they dropped only 7 points all season, with some prodigious scoring feats by certain players never before seen in a Terriers squad.

Season 76 - Are you ready?-s09-l09-league-final.jpgSeason 76 - Are you ready?-s09-l09-league-finalps.jpg

Success also in the Champions League, winning all their games bar one (a draw) as Terriers progressed to the Final and won a very even and tightly-fought match by a single set-piece goal.

Season 76 - Are you ready?-s09-champ-final.jpg

Compared to last season, a modicum of success in the Cup, Terriers going one step further to the Play-off Round.

Final playing squad, statistics and Career records

Season 76 - Are you ready?-s09-player-squad-final.jpg

Palace Terriers Season 9 Player of the Season

Season 76 - Are you ready?-s09-pos-declan-mcgranaghan.jpg

...and a trip to /play_old for the Club History...

Season 76 - Are you ready?-pt-history-season-9.jpg
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

NEXT SEASON HIGHEST LEVEL, SO THIS IS PROBABLY LAST TITLE:

It feels like T11 orchestrated a wild finish for my Level 8 league. With the new training systems, better understanding of formations and orders, and generous win bonuses, I had caught a monster winning run in the second half and climbed into the top spot for the first time with two games left to play. The previous two top teams kept trading the lead, neither being able to put any distance between themselves and the pack.

In Round 25, I could have clinched the title with a win over a weaker opponent, but the score went back and forth and I lost 2:3 in the final minutes. Probably T11's way of playing silly buggers with us.

Before Round 26, either of the three teams could have finished in either of the three top spots. What a fun way to end the season - provided you win.

Owing to the time difference most likely, I always play the first or the last match of the round somehow. Therefore, I already knew before my final game started that one of my rivals lost and the other drew (and went up a point on me). With a win or a draw I was going to take the league owing to a hugely positive goal differential. I was playing the last place team who was either tanking or luckless. They had LLLLL for their form and probably two or three wins for the season to their name. I had beaten them 5:1 the first time around. Still I sweated it and threw everything at it, including top win bonus and full health and morale for all players. I was not leaving anything to chance. I was not going to give them their fourth win.

I won 3:0. What did you expect? Something different?

This was my 5th league win in 8 seasons. I expect it gets harder.

My second year holdover ML/AML, the 23 year old Spaniard Angel Orue finished as the league's and team's leading scorer, by a mile. He is one of the lowest rated players on the first squad, but continues to produce. He is rated 72% (4*) in the new season, but has already scored in the first cup tie. Unfortunately, he is hopeless in training.

I also finally have a bona fide fast training superstar in the 20 year old Brazilian MC Ildemar Pinheiro. He responds well to power training (he may be the only one on the roster as far as I know), takes corner kicks, and is the only 6* (102%) on the team. He was the MOM of both legs of the first cup tie this new season. But that's stuff for the new thread.

Thanks to all for your support, especially HoofDaddy, Nik the Greek, El Pistolero and Arion.
    Last edited by ponzu; 03-08-2016 at 12:17 AM.
    HoofDaddy, Arion and Sakura like this.
    Team Orange Roughies | Last season league winners, Cup and CL finalists | Season 11 | Level 11

TREBLE wins: 1
    League: 7
    Cup: 2
    Champions League: 2

I am proud you you ponzu, especially for not leaving that last game to chance.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Quote Originally Posted by ponzu View Post
    It feels like T11 orchestrated a wild finish for my Level 8 league. With the new training systems, better understanding of formations and orders, and generous win bonuses, I had caught a monster winning run in the second half and climbed into the top spot for the first time with two games left to play. The previous two top teams kept trading the lead, neither being able to put any distance between themselves and the pack.

In Round 25, I could have clinched the title with a win over a weaker opponent, but the score went back and forth and I lost 2:3 in the final minutes. Probably T11's way of playing silly buggers with us.

Before Round 26, either of the three teams could have finished in either of the three top spots. What a fun way to end the season - provided you win.

Owing to the time difference most likely, I always play the first or the last match of the round somehow. Therefore, I already knew before my final game started that one of my rivals lost and the other drew (and went up a point on me). With a win or a draw I was going to take the league owing to a hugely positive goal differential. I was playing the last place team who was either tanking or luckless. They had LLLLL for their form and probably two or three wins for the season to their name. I had beaten them 5:1 the first time around. Still I sweated it and threw everything at it, including top win bonus and full health and morale for all players. I was not leaving anything to chance. I was not going to give them their fourth win.

I won 3:0. What did you expect? Something different?

This was my 5th league win in 8 seasons. I expect it gets harder.

My second year holdover ML/AML, the 23 year old Spaniard Angel Orue finished as the league's and team's leading scorer, by a mile. He is one of the lowest rated players on the first squad, but continues to produce. He is rated 72% (4*) in the new season, but has already scored in the first cup tie. Unfortunately, he is hopeless in training.

I also finally have a bona fide fast training superstar in the 20 year old Brazilian MC Ildemar Pinheiro. He responds well to power training (he may be the only one on the roster as far as I know), takes corner kicks, and is the only 6* (102%) on the team. He was the MOM of both legs of the first cup tie this new season. But that's stuff for the new thread.

Thanks to all for your support, especially HoofDaddy, Nik the Greek, El Pistolero and Arion.
    Well done. I hope Atlético Kolkata wins the league this season, since it's now the only competition we'll be playing... Seriously we can be first in 128 teams twice, first in 112 teams but not first in 14?

And it's Day 3 next season. This thread should be closed by now.
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

I did the treble last season, took me a while to work out the best way to train, but I sorted it out, the cup is always hard because the teams are usually 3 levels above me, but in the champs and my league there never seems to be a challenge, sadly I don't get any teams near my level which I wish I did because I want to fight for the title and have that same feeling I do in the cup, not knowing if I'm going to win.
    Level 18

17 league titles

14 cups

14 Champions League

ABCDEFGHIGKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
    Awe Imoleayo Peter likes this.
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Congrats to everybody who did well..

For the rest of us. better luck this season!

Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2262707172