Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree22Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: I dont understand this game and i am angry!!!

Mr. wong working for top 11 i reckon
    they deleting posts i wrote , there is no way you can say your opinions here if they againts top11 allegedly

No, it is very unlikely that he works for Nordeus. Your suggestion concerning 'penalties' is not appropriate, but he misunderstood what I said.
    Arion likes this.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Ahlony Wong View Post
    well... i am not trying to argue, but first of all, i hope you 「take back 」what you said " Do not underestimate people" so, you can "underestimate" me? (you have done all things in real life or watch whatever people do, means you are better than me???) better watch what you said ok?

also, i didn't "underestimate" anyone, this is "base on " what you think, and you create this "underestimate" theory. not what i mean.

btw, i know what you talking about "GK-DL-DR-DML-DMR-ML-MR-AML-AMR-ST," which is also "side", but "yes players are not fixed about their positions" all were what you said (and yes, i said too) so, you mean DL, DML ML AML only running at the side and only stick to the side, not going to move?? so you need "appropriate penalty" ?? (and if you want to make a point here, go back and re-read what i am talking about this, ok?)

and i am replying to the topic at the first place (don't you see what i am saying in the last post?? if you really don't see that, you are the one should be go back and "re-read" what i am talking about, ok?? )

"Do not underestimate people" that is what you said, so you have whatever in you real life is not meaning you understand better than me, ok?

end with discussing with you, my first respond is replying to the topic, and again if you don't understand what i am talking about, you should go back and re-read it and don't underestimate and misunderstand me~ have a good day.

I have spoken for the part as quoted below.

well...i think you have a wrong idea ...this is football... well... what you mean all players are on the side?? you mean if i put all player in the right side and my players are only stick on right side and leave the left side open??? NO, this is football, even you DC will run to the opposite box to pass or shot...they are and they always will, even that is not their primary role. and let say i put AML, ML, AML and DL, next to it I put AMC, MC, DMC, DC and than i put 1 ST in the left front and another DC in the right (or whatever position to put on the right)
    You said I am wrong? Wrong in what?
    I never said what you are claiming, that is players don't move on to the pitch or do not move away from the 'assigned' positions. This why I have said you underestimated me. Because, you insinuated that I said such things. This is complete nonsense in terms of football. How can I say that players don't move away from their positions? What are you talking about? What have you understood?

I have spoken for inappropriate formations where an appropriate penalty should apply with respect to what is wrong in there. Moi, understood what I meant. What the 'author' meant is something else, and for sure it is not appropriate. What I have said and the 'author' of this thread said in these terms are very very different.

You have not read my posts well. You misunderstood what I see.
    Last edited by Tactician; 04-22-2016 at 03:23 AM.
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    Ahlony Wong, this 'illegal formation' thing is something that I have never agreed with in this game. Like you said, you should be free to use whatever formation you want, that is there should be no penalty in these terms. However, if ever the formation is inappropriate to be used against a particular opponent, then of course it should be classified as inferior. In fact, in some cases, illegal formations have been observed to be superior. But, some people have mentioned the possible purpose of having the 'illegal formation' system. This might prevent unexpected outcomes (referred here by many users as 'troll' results). But, still 'troll results' have been occurring. So, this game might be fooling you.
    Apparently, in the past, there was the illegal formation system in this game. The penalties imposed were apparently a reduction in possession. Some of it still appear to be there.

The question is why should there be a penalty (whatever sort of penalty) just because you use of a formation that has at the back say only 2DC, followed by DMR and DML, or like you say a formation that has no ST. In fact, this make no sense, since playing with an extra midfielder instead of a ST might give you more ball possession, and also playing with DMR and DML might give you more ball possession. Penalties should be there only when the formation or orders you have selected are not appropriate for facing your next opponent. That is, reasons should be tactical or in terms of football, not just because a user did not make use of an ST or did not make use of at least 3 defenders..

Of course if a team plays a formation where all the players (except the GK) are on the side, then there should be a penalty, but in that case, the formation should classified as tactically inappropriate, and the penalty imposed should be in relation to what is tactically wrong in that formation.
    No, it is you who misunderstood me. I know what you mean, and yes players are not fixed about their positions. What I meant is if you face an opponent using a formation like GK-DL-DR-DML-DMR-ML-MR-AML-AMR-ST, then an appropriate penalty should apply in respect to what is wrong in there. If you think it that it is not possible to face such formations, just ask other 'old' users here and they will tell you up to what kind of strange formations they have faced.
    I have highlighted the parts. Yet, you say that I'm wrong. Based on your reply, you either misunderstood me or you did not read the posts well. What the author of this thread suggested in terms of penalties and what I have said are totally different.

Take into consideration that this is a simulation game. There has to be things for the system to distinguish between what is good and what is wrong, and to apply appropriate penalties so that the final outcomes (match results) are logic. Whatever is happening on the pitch is based on whatever the game has decided there will be as final outcome. All variables are considered and a final overall decision is taken, and a simulated segment is sent for you see.

I stop here for this because it seems that you don't want to see what has been really said, and what you did wrong in your replies to me.
    Last edited by Tactician; 04-22-2016 at 03:21 AM.
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

Addicted
    I have spoken for the part as quoted below.

You said I am wrong? Wrong in what?
    I never said what you are claiming, that is players don't move on to the pitch or do not move away from the 'assigned' positions.
    if you don't understand this part, why don't you go back and re-read the post?? you keep saying people misunderstood you and "asked" people to go back to re-read the post, but why don't you go back to see what my post is talking to which post?

and than you were funny bringing the "underestimate" thing here. and again, this is what you think, not I mean. you keep think that way, no one can stop you.
    but you said

.... I probably know much more about football and tactics than you.....Do not underestimate people ...
    even in this post has a logical problem, you ask people do not underestimate people, but right before that, you think you probably know more than me base on you own real life or whatever internet video things (that is underestimate), doesn't it sounds funny already??

I have spoken for inappropriate formations where an appropriate penalty should apply with respect to what is wrong in there. Moi, understood what I meant. What the 'author' meant is something else, and for sure it is not appropriate. What I have said and the 'author' of this thread said in these terms are very very different.

You have not read my posts well. You misunderstood what I see.
    i think you really the one don't read the post well... don't you see that (below)~

Quote Originally Posted by Ahlony Wong View Post
    ....i think the only penalty is like Moi said....
    really, don't you see that??? ok, whatever you like to say, or funny underestimate or misunderstood whatever, go ahead. I am done with this post~ i am not going to reply anymore with you in this post~ that's kind of waste time with the "underestimate" well known soccer things' one~
    Last edited by Ahlony Wong; 04-22-2016 at 03:29 AM.
    madflo19 and Ye Yint Htun like this.

No, it is very unlikely that he works for Nordeus. Your suggestion concerning 'penalties' is not appropriate, but he misunderstood what I said.
    Top eleven put rules for this game , people who playing againts the rules , should be punished somehow , ...logical , that's it.
    simple as that.

By the way, Ahlony Wong, no offence meant to you, and I have nothing against you. The matter simply went so far due to misunderstandings. I hope that you will have a look again to what I requested to you.
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph P Brenner View Post
    Top eleven put rules for this game , people who playing againts the rules , should be punished somehow , ...logical , that's it.
    simple as that.
    But it's not against the rules that Nordeus have laid down. Nordeus allows managers to set up teams and then not attend. Nordeus allows managers to set up team formations how they wish (as managers in real life teams are allowed to do). Nordeus sets the times of the matches and then allows the home manager to change the match time if he wishes/has to.

Why should managers get punished for not attending matches if work or other RL events (like sleep) prevent them from doing so? If they don't attend, they don't get a possession bonus, or the opportunity to change the team if the match is going away from them, and that in itself should be sufficient punishment most of the time.

Why should managers be punished (further) for playing 'illegal formations' when the match engine does that perfectly well itself? You don't see the referee at Chelsea v Arsenal stop the match because Arsene Wenger had lined up all his players on the right wing and say 'you can't do that, two penalties to Chelsea'...

Why should we go through the task of setting up our match times when we have the facility for changing (home) match times if we want to? The EPL managers don't get a sheet saying here's your fixtures for the season, when do you want to play them?

Most of what you are saying in your initial diatribe is just a rant against perceived injustice. I have two teams, one in it's 34th season, the other in its 11th season. They've played upwards of 1400 matches in that time, and the situation you describe (0-0 against bottom place) (or worse, a defeat) has happened about a dozen times in all those matches.

For the rest of it, try the 'Suggestions' forum.

It's called football, and it happens in RL as well. You just have to ride with the knock, post in the Vent thread*, and get on with the next match.

Or as the anonymous learned philosopher once said, "**** happens."

* http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...hread-3-a.html
    Last edited by talisman; 04-22-2016 at 12:38 PM.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Top Eleven Formation - Illegal formations.

While there are many possible formations in Top 11, not all of them are valid. This is what it’s commonly refereed as “illegal formations”. The exact rules and consequences aren't publicly known, but it’s generally accepted that if your formation is illegal, you’ll be penalised with a heavy loss of ball possession. And while it’s possible to win with one of said formations, it’s not a common occurrence.

In order for a formation to be legal it must have:

-At least 3 defenders.
    -At least 1 striker.
    -At least a player in each flank.
    -A goalkeeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph P Brenner View Post
    Top Eleven Formation - Illegal formations.

While there are many possible formations in Top 11, not all of them are valid. This is what it’s commonly refereed as “illegal formations”. The exact rules and consequences aren't publicly known, but it’s generally accepted that if your formation is illegal, you’ll be penalised with a heavy loss of ball possession. And while it’s possible to win with one of said formations, it’s not a common occurrence.

In order for a formation to be legal it must have:

-At least 3 defenders.
    -At least 1 striker.
    -At least a player in each flank.
    -A goalkeeper.
    All of those scenarios had previously attracted an automatic 20% possession for the infracting team, but all that went out at least 9 months ago (someone with a better memory than me will know exactly when). Now, you can do what you like, except play a goalkeeper in an on-field position, ie not in goal (which is the only situation you didn't mention) - that is the only circumstance under which a 20% possession penalty is applied nowadays. There are lesser penalties for setting a player out of position, with two grades of possession deduction, detectable in the formation screen - either a red or yellow triangle, the former attracting the higher penalty.

So you can set a formation like GK/DL-DR/DML-DMR/ML-MR/AML-AMR/ST-ST without penalty, as long as the players concerned are eligible to play in the positions set for them. All the opponent player then needs to do is set 3DC-DMC-3MC-AMC-2ST (itself a previously 'illegal' formation) and play through the middle...

...and before you ask, yes I did set the narrow formation and won 5-0 with a team -2.1Q.
    Last edited by talisman; 04-22-2016 at 12:49 PM.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123