Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 58
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: dont like this new cup set up

  1. #41
    Dreamer
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    366
    Quote Originally Posted by ndog View Post
    Teams with no chance of winning could at least earn some good money, just like real life lower level clubs hoping to draw Man Utd etc so they can have a big pay day.
    Unfortunately that comparison to the real world doesn't work here. Say you are a small team and you draw a big club, in the real world there is a split on the gate receipts so Accrington Stanley playing Man U at Old Trafford get a big pay day from the crowd and some prize money too. But here in T11 world, the little club plays home and away, it gets some prize money for both matches, but it only receives gate money for the home game which is limited by stadium size and prices that its league will bear. No great pay day.

    The only way a smaller club on T11 can make good money from the cup is to go further in the competition and pick up prize money. With the old system I always went out early against higher level teams, in the new system I am going further but receiving less money than I would have done under the old system. The fact that the prize money is lower is irrelevant to me as I never won much under the old system.

  2. #42
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    42
    Having read the majority of posts in this thread, I cannot believe what i'm reading! People moaning because the cup is FAIR!? Token buyers does it matter if you are pitted against someone who has the same squad quality? You could well be playing someone whose put in a lot of time and money themselves (in the earlier levels) to accelerate through the levels but because they don't now that's unfair to you?

    I use the offers myself on facebook to gain extra tokens this involves money but would much rather play in an even cup than play with a massive quality difference! Last season for example I was rated 22 AVG Quality and came up against someone who is 39/40 for average quality their squad was filled with 6* and 1 7* player(s) how is that fair for me? (they weren't token buyers they had just spent 2/3 years at the same level thus there players were improving)

    You get the satisfaction of hammering teams in a below par league. Every season in my league we've had 1-3 teams that only pick up points off each other and everyone else hammers them I've not long beaten the best team in my league 4-1 (he's a token buyer). Anyone moaning about a little competition needs there head seeing too...

  3. #43
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    152
    people with very few investment (time and tokens) could win cup like the big investors, thats not fair!!!!!!

  4. #44
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy Tee View Post
    Unfortunately that comparison to the real world doesn't work here. Say you are a small team and you draw a big club, in the real world there is a split on the gate receipts so Accrington Stanley playing Man U at Old Trafford get a big pay day from the crowd and some prize money too. But here in T11 world, the little club plays home and away, it gets some prize money for both matches, but it only receives gate money for the home game which is limited by stadium size and prices that its league will bear. No great pay day.
    I agree that it would have been better to split the gate receipts but even without that the 'prize' money for taking part was much higher if you were in a competition with higher rated teams so the comparison stands - play bigger teams, get more money.

  5. #45
    Pro Ro Edu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Huelva
    Posts
    904
    Quote Originally Posted by Dele Lamu View Post
    people with very few investment (time and tokens) could win cup like the big investors, thats not fair!!!!!!
    i am token buyer and i use a lot of them but i won`t cry if a no-donator win me ... he manage to win so he deserve it !

  6. #46
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by scale89 View Post
    Last season for example I was rated 22 AVG Quality and came up against someone who is 39/40 for average quality their squad was filled with 6* and 1 7* player(s) how is that fair for me?
    It wasn't, but that's how cups work. How is it fair that Arlesey Town had to play Coventry in the FA Cup this season? Why have a cup if you're going to change the whole system so it no longer resembles any competition ever played?
    Maxtax likes this.

  7. #47
    Dreamer Maor23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by ndog View Post
    I totally agree with this, the point of playing a football based game is for it to be based on football. The old cup was and the new one isn't. In fact (having read this forum for a while but not posted till now) the discussions on here with people complaining about money etc now just highlight how realistic it was. Teams with no chance of winning could at least earn some good money, just like real life lower level clubs hoping to draw Man Utd etc so they can have a big pay day.
    if the old cup really worked like that I wouldn't care, but it didn't. when I was level 2 I got kicked out of the cup by a level 4 who won it. when I was level 3 a level 4 kicked me again, when I was level 4 a level 6 kicked me, when I was level 5 a level 7 kicked me out. now I'm level 6 and I pass the playoff stage for the first time, every level I went higher I was still the lowest level in the cup so how is that fair for me? if it stayed in the old format I'd never have a chance to win it.

    I don't care if they make a cup for levels 1-4, 5-8, 9-11 and so on, but the old format was just frustrating for me as the cup level raised when my level did therefore I never had a slight chance of winning it, or even getting close to it.

  8. #48
    Pro Ro Edu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Huelva
    Posts
    904
    Quote Originally Posted by Maor23 View Post
    if the old cup really worked like that I wouldn't care, but it didn't. when I was level 2 I got kicked out of the cup by a level 4 who won it. when I was level 3 a level 4 kicked me again, when I was level 4 a level 6 kicked me, when I was level 5 a level 7 kicked me out. now I'm level 6 and I pass the playoff stage for the first time, every level I went higher I was still the lowest level in the cup so how is that fair for me? if it stayed in the old format I'd never have a chance to win it.

    I don't care if they make a cup for levels 1-4, 5-8, 9-11 and so on, but the old format was just frustrating for me as the cup level raised when my level did therefore I never had a slight chance of winning it, or even getting close to it.
    that happen to me too so i hate the old kind of coup since i never overpass the preliminar stage ... now i even have the chance to win it !!

  9. #49
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14
    Seems like you were unlucky that no new teams were entering below you if you were always the lowest rated.

    Like I said in my first post on this - if there had been an unseeded draw so you got a random team then you'd have some years with a chance at a run and some where you get booted out early.

    I agree though, that the banded approach would be the best compromise, making a competition that is periodically winnable but reasonably realistic. If that gets put in though I'd like the draw to be random so even those at the bottom of the band would have a chance to go a few rounds with a lucky draw.

  10. #50
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by Ro Edu View Post
    i am token buyer and i use a lot of them but i won`t cry if a no-donator win me ... he manage to win so he deserve it !
    u get me wrong i guess, what i mean is token buyer play against token buyer, average play against average and shit vs the shit and they receive the same price money and trophy. its the worst possible cup format Nordeus has created

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast