Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: dont like this new cup set up

Quote Originally Posted by MDKII View Post
    We're monitoring and looking at player feedback, both on the forums and in-game. There have been plenty of posts explaining why people like or don't like the new format, but if you have anything else to add, please do.

We really believe this new format adds a fairer environment and differentiates it from League and Champions League. So far, I've seen most of the complaints were about the prizes not being good enough for the difficulty of the Cup, so we'll take a look at that as well. In any case, please give it a chance at least.
    I agree in the point of unfairness for low level teams(i was there and felt the same) but TE suppose, (and is), a football simulation following the rules of football as we all know it, the way the cup is constructed now with as much as possible closer quality teams does not resemble with any of known football competition, i understand that you have to please ppl, but at least the fundamental rules of football have to be followed, i have to suggest a cup competition in random quality groups of stages of every 5 levels (1 to 5, 6 to 10 etc), this way will resemble like cup, will not be so unfair and players will have the higher possibility to win it every 5 levels and the motivation to go on and break the repetition of similar seasons.
    July Fourth likes this.
    TEAM'S ACHIEVEMENTS(Est.10.5.2011) Season 47/Level ?/League 40
    24 Leagues, 13 Champion Leagues, 6 Cups, 1 Treble.

Dreamer
    Well I like it. Of my two teams, one went out early and the other is doing well. As an occasional minor token buyer, running a middle of the road team, I am enjoying having more of a chance.

One concern I have though, it is easy for somebody willing to buy success to take the competition. Wait a few days in to the new season with a weak team and get selected for an "easy" cup competition. Then spend spend spend buying 5* and scouts. You will then have a high quality team in a low quality cup. Barring the inevitable hiccups, you should easily take the 1st prize.

Quote Originally Posted by Ro Edu View Post
    The one who don`t like this coup is because untill now had only lower levels in coup and win it easy (FAIL) and now when i have the chance to win it because all in coup are my quality even if they are lv +10 and i`m lower with 3 don`t matter so much ... i can manage to win it (FAIR)!
    Just think how it was in old coup system when you were facing a 9* team that you could not even dream to win it ... now you face the same quality and have the same chances as all participants !
    Idiots keep crying and pray for old system of coup because thats the only way to win a coup by beating a much lower team ... what a dumb want a competition where is no real opponent in ?!?!?!?!?!?!
    Pls stop calling idiot whoever disagree with u, i am one of those u r unluckily trying to describe but i have to tell u that i dont care to win anymore trophies i just want a football simulation not to win an icon of a trophy in my pc to make me feel better lol, from a competition that has nothing to do with football, the following is from wikipedia "...This means that clubs of all standards compete, from the largest clubs in England and Wales down to amateur village teams. The tournament has become known for the possibility for "minnows" from the lower divisions to become "giant-killers" by eliminating top clubs from the tournament and even theoretically winning the Cup, although lower division teams rarely progress beyond the early stages...".
    and yes july is right, try to understand him he doesnt taking the side of token buyers.
    Last edited by Maxtax; 03-18-2013 at 11:08 PM.
    July Fourth and Darth Sidious like this.
    TEAM'S ACHIEVEMENTS(Est.10.5.2011) Season 47/Level ?/League 40
    24 Leagues, 13 Champion Leagues, 6 Cups, 1 Treble.

Quote Originally Posted by Fmldotca View Post
    I mean you should get lower level teams instead of higher level teams....
    Nah, i expect to face same level.

Neither higher nor lower!!!

they are L8 against me L6, they can get good player in a few day as CUP set at the beginning of the season.

I aldy told, my best SCOUT(50T) = their NORMAL player(10-20T).... what if they buy scouts???

Got it?????

There is no fairness in this NEW CUP system

Quote Originally Posted by ice87s View Post
    they are L8 against me L6, they can get good player in a few day as CUP set at the beginning of the season.

I aldy told, my best SCOUT(50T) = their NORMAL player(10-20T).... what if they buy scouts???

Got it?????

There is no fairness in this NEW CUP system
    It would be your 6* scouts against his 8* scouts with him being 2 levels higher than you meaning that you will most likely exit the cup.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    It would be your 6* scouts against his 8* scouts with him being 2 levels higher than you meaning that you will most likely exit the cup.
    yes, if they buy scouts, it will be Scouts (50 quality) Vs World class(60 quality).

Tell me, which part of this new system is fair??? Lol..

Quote Originally Posted by ice87s View Post
    yes, if they buy scouts, it will be Scouts (50 quality) Vs World class(60 quality).

Tell me, which part of this new system is fair??? Lol..
    None of it is... Just nullifies buying tokens for the cup doesn't it.
    Maxtax likes this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

To sum up last season (old format) I was knocked out in the quarter final by a higher level team and this season I was knocked out by a higher level team in the Qualifying rnd (new format) I think that says it all, as I was in the cup longer last season I had the chance to make a great deal of money but not so this season.
    F.C. United
    League Won 11
    League Runner up 4
    Cup Won 3
    Cup Finalist 3
    Champions League Won 5
    Champions League Finalist 9

Season 23 Level 23

United Til I Die
    League Won 12
    League Runner Up 4
    Champions League Won 2
    Champions League Finalist 7
    Cups Won 1
    Cup Finalist 2

Season 32 Level 27 (Retired)

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtax View Post
    I agree in the point of unfairness for low level teams(i was there and felt the same) but TE suppose, (and is), a football simulation following the rules of football as we all know it, the way the cup is constructed now with as much as possible closer quality teams does not resemble with any of known football competition, i understand that you have to please ppl, but at least the fundamental rules of football have to be followed, i have to suggest a cup competition in random quality groups of stages of every 5 levels (1 to 5, 6 to 10 etc), this way will resemble like cup, will not be so unfair and players will have the higher possibility to win it every 5 levels and the motivation to go on and break the repetition of similar seasons.
    I totally agree with this, the point of playing a football based game is for it to be based on football. The old cup was and the new one isn't. In fact (having read this forum for a while but not posted till now) the discussions on here with people complaining about money etc now just highlight how realistic it was. Teams with no chance of winning could at least earn some good money, just like real life lower level clubs hoping to draw Man Utd etc so they can have a big pay day.

The two things I would have changed in the old system would have been to have had a random draw (not seeded as it was), so everyone had a chance from time to time of going on a cup run (or getting knocked out earlier than expected) and I would have wanted to see the gate receipts split between the two teams - further aiding the lower teams financially.

I think the banding idea works because it's clear some people are looking for glory and not so bothered about taking the big money. Like Maxtax says - that would give everyone a chance (or 2) every 5 seasons.

Finally, I have to disagree with MDKII when he says the new format "differentiates it from League and Champions League" In my experience the league has teams of about my quality plus some weaker teams, the Champions league has teams almost all about my quality (some lower some higher) and the cup now also has teams from about my quality - It has become much more like the other two than it ever was before

I've gone on long enough (and I said finally in the last paragraph) so I'll stop but I have other issues with the new format...
    Maxtax likes this.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast