Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Attention Moi: Hard Defending and The Assistant Manager

Attention Moi: Hard Defending and The Assistant Manager

Anytime I play in Hard Defend mode the assistant manager blathers on about "switching to something more offensive if we want to win this match".

The reason i'm in this mode is because I'm a lower quality team compared to my opponent and it's really my only hope to keep him from steam rolling me. There might also be a slight chance of squeaking a counter attack by them with the hopes of tying or beating them by a single goal. A newer player might not understand this and they will do what the ass man says and lose every match. Which will just add to more headache and negative comments your team will have to deal with. It might also discourage players from continuing with the game.

I propose you include some new script with the next update that encourages you for playing hard defending even if it's a low scoring match.

Anyone else or am I alone on this?
    Fabien Charbonnier likes this.

P.S. I use to turn the assistant manager off, but sometime he does offer some insight that works.

I have the impression that sometimes the assistant manager deliberately gives the manager bad advises to make him lose the match, and other times the assistant manager give the right advises so that the manager wins the match. Also, some advises seem to be late, and by the time the manager makes the adjustments, the advised orders is no longer appropriate or the the last part of the match simulation has already been calculated.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

The only one I can think about off hand was last season away in the cup I was 2 up went to "hard defending" assistant manager kept going on about that we´d never score with this formation & mentality……eh?
    There should be some support for defensive tactics.

Hmm... maybe will be good option to change the sense in what assistant talk... something like, based in how goes the match + Q. differance...
    so if theres Q. differance and one keeps the result and is containing the situation against a better team maybe yeah, the assistant can say something like, "-The very defensive strategy seems that works and can help us to don't concede a goal, maybe is time to try and focus a counter for the side of X player... "

but... I guess assistant just talk of strategies to score and maybe will be good to have a option to change the mentality of the assistant before the match, to focus the comments in a target, like, a "aggressive strategy" with the idea to score or "conservative strategy"...

A few seasons ago during a decisive league match I was losing
    3 ST, Hard attacking, attacking bonus

"We should stick to something more offensive"
    Arion likes this.
    Winning Eleven season records:

15 Leagues won : 1, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20, 23, 24, 25, 30, 31, 38 - Runner up: 8, 10, 15
    9 Champions League won: 7, 9, 11, 19, 20, 21, 24, 31, 33 - Runner up: 15, 16, 26, 34
    1 Super League won: 38
    7 Cups won: 17, 18, 20, 23, 24, 33, 35 - Runner up: 9, 14, 34, 38

Quote Originally Posted by Bunzo View Post
    There should be some support for defensive tactics.
    There are advises for the defensive side. The question is: are those advises supportive or appropriate as such or are they just due to some random or inappropriate calculations made by the game or are they like I have said above, that is sometimes they are deliberately good and sometimes deliberately bad?

For sure, some of the assistant advises are not logical to football tactics and decisions. For instance, 'he' tells you to use force counter attacks, and then a few minutes later to use full pitch pressing, and the opposing manager is not even present? So how come the orders have to been changed like this when the other manager is not present to make adjustments for the opposing team? Or, does the game automatically make adjustments for teams when the manager is not present (as suspected by Talisman)? Another example is that you can clearly see that long balls or mixed passing is the best choice, and yet the 'he' asks you to use short passing. Another example is when you have won the first leg, and yet 'he' asks you to go out and attack rather than defend in the second leg, and the funny thing is that when you don't attack, you may lose the match and even get disqualified. I think that there are flaws in the the functioning of the game itself in terms of football tactics and decisions, which is why some of the assistant manager's advises seem to be non-appropriate but yet when such modifications are made, your team seems to have an advantage..
    Last edited by Tactician; 06-02-2016 at 05:38 PM.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    I think there is a misunderstanding with the role of assistant.
    I consider him as an "observer" of the game who give me some notes (after checking some calculations and stats)
    or sometimes like a fan of the team, who just want his team to win
    Arion likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    I think there is a misunderstanding with the role of assistant.
    I consider him as an "observer" of the game who give me some notes (after checking some calculations and stats)
    or sometimes like a fan of the team, who just want his team to win
    ...or not... http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...-gone-mad.html
    Ahlony Wong likes this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Addicted
    LOL AM always a joke.... @ 52min ....he said our defense should not fall asleep in the last few minute.... 90 - 52 = 38.... so...38 min in AM's eyes are only "last few minute" ..... so... i am sure he doesn't really see the whole match to give you comment~LOL

plus..... his report...... 99% is useless.....
    do you think you need someone to tell you that "XXX find a way to shake our net" or " we fail to stop XXX to score" in the after match report???? and he also said "7.6 is good rate for my DC"...while i lost the game by 3:2.... and right on top of that "good rate" he report that " we fail to stop XXX to score".... really???

we fail to stop XXX to score...but my DC was doing a good job so he earned a good rate.... so is that those things we should expect -.-??

LOL AM is a joke~
    Last edited by Ahlony Wong; 06-02-2016 at 07:09 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast