Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Is Older Player Better Than Younger Player?

Is Older Player Better Than Younger Player?

Last Season I had two good old Strikers. Their Ages were maybe between 28-31. They scored lot of goals. I Also Had two good winger They were also scoring. Their ages were also between 28-32. My Two Wingers & Two Strikers were in Top Scorer list. (I used 4-1-1-2W-2 Formation) My most of players were above 25 age. As I remember My Team's average age was 27 or 28 something. That season I scored most goals & Conceeded less, however I lost the league. ( I beat Most of Active Managers though). Even before that I won The league undefeated for two seasons in a Row. ( I used 4-1-2W-1-2 formation) The Squad with I won Two league undefeated average ages were also 25/26. Again that two season I had Attackers whose ages were above 28. This season I learn about Fast Trainer & Buy too many Young Players. They are not playing bad but also not performing as per expectations. I just lost cup Match on Penalties. My team created most chances but failed to score. My Strikers have no Idea how to shoot. They will reach their scout level soon but they still dont know how to score. They dont even provide Assists. My Defender Are scoring & Assisting More than my Two Strikers. My young AMR is this seasons Top scorer actually but he is Failing to score in Big Matches. But My old AML whose age is 31 is Scoring & Assisting in Big Matches. He is the reason why I haven't lost in the league currently. So is it mean players between 28-32 are golden. My Young MC, DMC & AMR performing good other young players just being below Average. However my My 30 year old DR & 31 Year AML are giving their best Performance. Even in Real Football at age between (28-32) players plays best football of his Career.

Thinking about buying older Striker

Famous
    28-32 is past prime for most real world footballers, though there are exceptions. 24-29 depending on position, with Gk peaking later, attackers slowing earlier. Here's some analysis from world cup history: When do footballers reach their peak? - BBC News

Nordeus advises a mix of ages. Personally, I bought a striker 2 seasons from retirement who didn't play well, but do have a retiring DL who was very effective from 30-33.

You started a topic, I also think about.

I think... you're right, but only if you buy an old guy, that plays from young ages, not a generated one.
    I can't post details at the moment, cause my batterie life is nearly empty. I will post later, when I'm home, with screenshots, why I also think about that.

Nasharak FC - Club Museum
    updates every new season
    I don't buy token.
    I don't manipulate the draw.

retired

League: 26x
    Champions League: 24x
    Cup: 20x

Triple: 18x

FA (Platinum)
    stats worthless because of
    exploiting and bug-weekend

Quote Originally Posted by LeManiaque View Post
    28-32 is past prime for most real world footballers, though there are exceptions. 24-29 depending on position, with Gk peaking later, attackers slowing earlier. Here's some analysis from world cup history: When do footballers reach their peak? - BBC News

Nordeus advises a mix of ages. Personally, I bought a striker 2 seasons from retirement who didn't play well, but do have a retiring DL who was very effective from 30-33.
    Yep, Like Buffon.... Keep getting better

Quote Originally Posted by nash123 View Post

I think... you're right, but only if you buy an old guy, that plays from young ages, not a generated one.
    I can't post details at the moment, cause my batterie life is nearly empty. I will post later, when I'm home, with screenshots, why I also think about that.
    Yep, I also noticed, generated one also doesn't score

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by nash123 View Post

Me too.

But one thing, I was absolutely convinced this was the case, I had an extreme example in my guide:
    Is Older Player Better Than Younger Player?-al-mcs.png

Arenivas and Semecky were 18 y/os and Majic like 24. I rotated all 3 in my three MC positions, but it didn't matter. Majic scored but the others didn't. But, then I started to rotate how I played and trained my kids more. Like before, I worked all kids to the ground at the same time every day, always down to sub 30 at night before I went to bed and I used up all rest packs, and even if I didn't play them all games they played most. You guys set me straight though so now I try to rest the kids a lot more. More like training 1-3 kids only one day while resting them in a game and then rotating constantly who I train hard. After I started to do this, my kids has started to perform a lot better in relation to the older players that I never train hard. So it seems like -- to some extent -- that my kids didn't perform because I trained them too hard while my vets never were worked too hard.

But, even besides that, I still wouldn't at all be surprised if there are some factors in the game not visible to us that benefits older players. Confidence? Experience? Form?

Famous
    Goalkeepers are best once they're bald
    Kiraly
    Is Older Player Better Than Younger Player?-3514657a00000578-0-image-25_1465456695165.jpg
    Grobbelaar
    Is Older Player Better Than Younger Player?-grobbelaar-4x3125-2074350_478x359.jpg
    Al Svanberg likes this.
    "Please stay polite"
    -The Justicer, "Never accept defeat"

Pueblo FC

Unofficial Updates Thread

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    But, even besides that, I still wouldn't at all be surprised if there are some factors in the game not visible to us that benefits older players. Confidence? Experience? Form?
    RNG > random number generator

I must add another post in my Mythbusters thread
    Al Svanberg likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Nik, I think, you don't see it...
    At old version, I'm totally there, that age doesn't matter, but with new version, new training, I think, older guys are much more interesting. The problem is, I can't show you guys exactly, what I mean, because in my team, the oldest one is 23, my friends/wife also don't have that old players, because if they are gain less, we think, they are "bad", "weak", but it isn't true:

Only brother of my wife has a player Dicher, he uses since he began. He was 18y.o., now he is 26y.o., trained only at new version.
    Look at Dicher... if you see him at auction list, you never would buy him, because he isn't at 99% and is he "old". He is on overall % his weakest player. But if you check his attributes, he is amazing. He plays around 8-10.
    Is Older Player Better Than Younger Player?-dicher.jpg
    If you only count his keyattributes, he is around 120%-130% and I think, that makes him strong. Because the opponents see him just as 96% "weak" guy, but for sure... he isn't.

If you look at another one, Heydari. He is 22, but you see, that his keyattributes getting better, while his non-keyattribute getting worse.
    Is Older Player Better Than Younger Player?-heydari.jpg

I hope, you understand my thoughts about that.
    Al Svanberg likes this.

Nasharak FC - Club Museum
    updates every new season
    I don't buy token.
    I don't manipulate the draw.

retired

League: 26x
    Champions League: 24x
    Cup: 20x

Triple: 18x

FA (Platinum)
    stats worthless because of
    exploiting and bug-weekend

Apprentice
    The players are divided into age groups: 18-21, 22-25, 26-29, 30-33, 34.
    The only difference is their speed in acquiring experience from games and training.

That's why I'll always favour very young players, as they last longer. An 18-year-old can stay on my squad for four months because they gain status points fast enough to overcome the star losses after each promotion. But once he hits 22 years old, he can no longer keep it up, because the speed of gaining status points is pretty much halved.

Other than that, I don't see observable difference in actual game performances that is caused solely by age. If the skill points are exactly the same, a 30-year-old would perform the same as an 18-year-old, subject to the RNG.

To me, age is about planning for the future, not so much this season. If I buy a 25-year-old, I know I can only keep him for at most two seasons before I have to spend another token to buy a replacement. Now, of course, younger players could cost more tokens to buy at the auction because other people would also bid on them, which could make it cost more.

And this kind of managerial decisions is what makes this game fun.
    Season 71, Level 61

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast