Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Like Tree193Likes

Thread: Recommended players - how the engine works

Quote Originally Posted by Bunzo View Post
    Don´t worry when they run out of Strikers …It´s the turn of the Keepers….months & months of them
    Maybe they ordered to many attackers home, and now they are filling the stock Recommended players - how the engine works-a079-00048_overfilled_builders_skip_left_on_pavement_showing_refuse_piled_all_around.jpg
    Bunzo and Gabez Teh like this.

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Famous
    My new recom. players are:

Recommended players - how the engine works-19threcommend.jpg

My main GK is the highest % in my roster
    Gert Funck likes this.

Rookie

_8_ striker roles in my team...

... and ofcourse i get another striker recommended.

How hard can this be to fix in reality?
    Boring beyond belief. And it's not like they don't know about it either...
    ibangali, Bunzo and Gert Funck like this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    threads merged as if everyone who has recommended players STs or GKs starts a new thread, the forum will be full of posts like this
    Yes, it's (almost) always STs-AM_ or GKs
    Gert Funck likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Rookie
    Oh my god..it's a bug again!

4 times in a row that my recommandation is a GK!

I'm pretty sure that a 3 new GK will be the next time lol

Apprentice
    Nice I got recommended a striker today, which means 7-8 more days is the beginning of new season I can get one then, unlike last season I got recommended one on the final day of the season.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by woopypooky View Post
    Nice I got recommended a striker today, which means 7-8 more days is the beginning of new season I can get one then, unlike last season I got recommended one on the final day of the season.
    Not to ruin your day but... It's still random. 7-8 days is just the average. I've gotten 3 scouts in 10 days once. You can still get another before the season ends.

Dreamer
    The most unfortunate thing is when you start a new season after being promoted and recommended players happen

If it happens the second day of the season, you get the normal recommended players level (e.g. the stronger could be 119% for 79 token)

But if it happens the first day of the season, you get a 99% 19-20-21 years player for 79 token

I saw it 2 times, I hope never happens again to me

EDIT: found that recommended players are awarded before the club got promoted, so you could buy it at 2-3 am before going a level up
    Last edited by Javert89; 01-03-2017 at 11:08 AM.

I can offer my experience as a new manager with these recommended players.

I started Dec 2. As best as I can remember, the first player I signed (recommended) was a GK. I then signed a ST, followed by an AMC/AMR, followed by an AML/ST. It's possible one of those players was actually purchased from the "Scouted" players section for cash + tokens. Again, can't remember 100%.

After that I was recommended a batch of ST, none of which I signed...

Right around that time I decided to transition my roster to not being full (only 19 or 20 players, after always having the full 22) AND to being more balanced across Midfield and Attacking, specifically.

This is because in my first few weeks of competition I quickly adopted the 4-V-1 formation, and to support that I carried 7-8 Green Dx eligible players, making sure to have some DMC eligible players as well. Basically, my roster was defense heavy. All solid quality players, but I wasn't happy with the match results.I felt there was simply more scoring potential to be had. (Still a great formation against top competition, I don't mean for this to be an opinion on formation)

BUT in the past couple weeks NOW I am often simple running out formations of just 3 DC across the back line. No DL or DR or DMC. As such I started carrying only 5 total Green Dx eligible players. I wanted to commit to a larger presence in the midfield and specifically in the top 6 attacking box / grid. (Again, not lobbying this is correct, just what I did)

And then finally I was recommended my first batch of Defensive players - All were DL eligible... a position that I only had a single player eligible for on my roster. And as you can guess, none of them were worth the tokens and they remained unsigned.

So, this is an incredibly small sample, but here are a few points that might be something:

1. I think the engine logic might operate best (for managers) when you don't have a full roster.

2. I think the engine logic aims to balance out your roster once you do have 1 or 2 roster openings, regardless of your preferred formation.

3. I think the engine simply breaks when you have a full roster + very high quality on average. As we approach the end of this season mine is hovering around 104%, probably very high for ML-2. By "breaks" I mine it will just recommend players that it weights as the most valuable, i.e. those that most impact goal scoring. ST and GK.

Lots of assumptions on my part, but maybe seeing how the system works for a new manager can help determine its logic.
    sincity likes this.

Famous
    Your first post and you're using logic and analysis? This is refreshing.
    "Please stay polite"
    -The Justicer, "Never accept defeat"

Pueblo FC

Unofficial Updates Thread

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast