Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: So fed up with the AI

So fed up with the AI

I am just so fed up. Today I was eliminated from the Champions league. I had the right tactic against my opponents formation, condition and morale was at max my rating is 123% vs his 91%.
    I lost at home 0:1 with a red card for me in the 5th minute. Ok, I can handle the occasional troll. Today the away game, 70:30 possession for me 24:4 shots on target. The result, another loss, 1:2. The match report just says we should have won and this was not our day. I was watching both games, the other manager did not attend either. That's two losses in a row to a team that is worse by 32%.

The whole season my team has struggled even though we are better by 20-30%. I attend every match, train my guys religiously. I have won my league every single season and the Champions league almost every season.

Something is majorly messed up with the AI this season and quite frankly I am starting to lose interest in a game that seems to reward people who are not really participating much and punishes others who devote a lot of time and resources to it.

This game is getting worse every season. FIX IT NORDEUS !!!!!!!!!

With the correct tactics even a troll can be avoided. I often beat teams 29-30% stronger than me just by my team set up and employing the right tactics and formations. It sounds to me like you think winning every season is your privilege yet the beauty of this game is the unpredictable nature of it. Once you learn to roll with it, the more you will enjoy it. Yes, the occasional troll does bite but rather than complain and blame external factors, look at how you can avoid it next time.

KFC Loella
    Level 38
    20 League Titles
    6 Champions League
    1 Cup
    Bunzo likes this.
    ROMANBY VILLAGE FC (founded December 24th 2013)
    Level 121
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Top Eleven Forum Moderator

Rookie
    @Dave but he has some right, cause what can you do more if you dominate the game, yet you manage to score just one goal out of 24 SoT, while the oppo scores twice on four tries...that must be frustrating.
    This is the first season when I struggle so badly in almost every game. I watch all games, dominate most matches yet I win only by just one goal. Never happened so frequently in my last 11 seasons.

@dave1311: I have no idea why you need to insult me. I certainly do not feel privileged and yes, I can deal with losses if they make sense and are plausible.
    Your post however is arrogant ("I often beat teams 29-30% stronger than me") and illogical, because one the one hand you pride yourself by claiming to beat better teams regularly, yet at the same time praising the unpredictability of the game.

Please try to use better logic next time and don't be so full of yourself. Your record is nothing extraordinary.
    As for me, there are several threads here now dealing with these issues. I still think it sucks that managers who put in a lot of time and do everything they can basically get screwed by the AI. Every now and then is ok, but this is happening way too frequently now.

Rookie

That is soccer!

Quote Originally Posted by Sgdgolf View Post
    @dave1311: I have no idea why you need to insult me. I certainly do not feel privileged and yes, I can deal with losses if they make sense and are plausible.
    Your post however is arrogant ("I often beat teams 29-30% stronger than me") and illogical, because one the one hand you pride yourself by claiming to beat better teams regularly, yet at the same time praising the unpredictability of the game.

Please try to use better logic next time and don't be so full of yourself. Your record is nothing extraordinary.
    As for me, there are several threads here now dealing with these issues. I still think it sucks that managers who put in a lot of time and do everything they can basically get screwed by the AI. Every now and then is ok, but this is happening way too frequently now.
    Hi sgdgolf,

I completely understand your frustration, but ... it is soccer! That is what happens in the real world as well. Even Real Madrid sometimes loses vs weaker team, even FC Barcelona has been eliminated from the Champions League from time to time. Noone has any guarantee - neither in Top Eleven, nor in the real life. You say "I can deal with losses if they make sense" - but losses do not need to make sense, victories do not need to make sense, and soccer does not need to make sense. That is how it works in Top Eleven, that is how it works in the reale life, and that is why it brings so much emotions and attracts so many people
    dave1311 likes this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...eleven-11.html

#102 A bad roll dice, a fixed result not only in one game but in two qlf games for CH.L. or the Cup - plausible

read that and don't get fed up
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Famous
    I am just so fed up. Today I was eliminated from the Champions league. I had the right tactic against my opponents formation, condition and morale was at max my rating is 123% vs his 91%.
    I lost at home 0:1 with a red card for me in the 5th minute. Ok, I can handle the occasional troll. Today the away game, 70:30 possession for me 24:4 shots on target. The result, another loss, 1:2. The match report just says we should have won and this was not our day. I was watching both games, the other manager did not attend either. That's two losses in a row to a team that is worse by 32%.

The whole season my team has struggled even though we are better by 20-30%. I attend every match, train my guys religiously. I have won my league every single season and the Champions league almost every season.

Something is majorly messed up with the AI this season and quite frankly I am starting to lose interest in a game that seems to reward people who are not really participating much and punishes others who devote a lot of time and resources to it.

This game is getting worse every season. FIX IT NORDEUS !!!!!!!!!
    relax bro someday you will realize what you have missed when you set up your team

one word: FORM

gl
    CM-16 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabez Teh View Post
    relax bro someday you will realize what you have missed when you set up your team

one word: FORM

gl
    Yeah I also agree with Gabez. Often times I fielded my 7* player as starter, he was rated 6. Replaced him in the 2nd half with 4* man > Rating was 7
    Gabez Teh likes this.
    Love The Nationality Games Here!

Hakurei United

Based On : Hakurei United (Touhou Soccer Series)
    Goals : Develop youths
    Dislikes : Disrespect, Cheating, Tankers

Tight on Token boi here and I wanna have some fun

No insult or arrogance intended, and you're correct, my record is nothing special. However I am proud of it and if you feel the need to insult me back to feel better in yourself then that is your right. I was stating my own opinion based on my observations from 3 years of playing this game and of course facts. I still maintain the unpredictability of this game and that is what makes it so addictive because if you simply won every game, every season you would soon get bored right? If that's what you want I suggest you try a different game. However, perhaps not a good idea for you to come complaining on here where experienced players will give you truth and facts you maybe don't like to hear. Good luck going forward.

KFC Loella
    Level 38
    20 League Titles
    6 Champions League
    1 Cup
    czero likes this.
    ROMANBY VILLAGE FC (founded December 24th 2013)
    Level 121
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Top Eleven Forum Moderator

I hate to break it to you, but there are no truths and facts to this game. Since nobody knows exactly how the AI is set up and Nordeus willingly or unwillingly is not giving any information on this, all you do is guess how it works.

I was also not complaining, but simply venting my frustration. Call me privileged, but when I spend a lot of time and resources on a commercial game, I am hoping the other side is doing the best they can. If you think everything happens randomly, then you are wrong. There is nothing random in a streak of bad luck lasting most of the season.
    And no, Real Madrid does not lose 6 times in a row against Sporting Gijon. Someone is cheating here or the game is fixed. Call it whatever you will.

There are so many things in this game that need fixing and for whatever reason Nordeus chooses not to do it. If you are ok with that, then that is great and your choice, but this is a competitive world and there are plenty of other things out there for me to do. Btw, I was actually able to get a 0-0 tie this morning at home against a team 33% worse than mine. So that makes it 2 draws and 3 losses vs teams worse by more than 30% over the last 5 games.

As for me, I will retire my team at the end of this season. I am sure by now my IP address has been blacklisted by Nordeus for "complaining" too much, so my streak of "bad luck" is likely to continue.

It was nice while it lasted, but in my opinion this game is not worth the time and effort many people put into it.
    I wish all of you here on this board best of luck and many trophies in the future. I think it is awesome what kind of community you have built here, even though Nordeus chooses not to participate.

Take care.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast