Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: [OFFICIAL] Champions League and Super League - Rules & Competition format

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1
    In your threads, administrating things up!

Post [OFFICIAL] Champions League and Super League - Rules & Competition format

Hey Everyone!

We thought we'd take the time to talk about the Champions League (CL) and the Super League (SL). Specifically:

1) How to qualify for each of these competitions.
    2) What are the general and tie-break rules.

So then, let's begin.

[OFFICIAL] Champions League and Super League - Rules & Competition format-banner-top-2.jpg

I. Qualifying

Champions League:
    - To qualify, your club has to finish the League in the top 4. Beginning next season your club will be added to a CL group.
    - Winning the CL trophy automatically qualifies your club for the CL next season!
    - Winning the SL trophy will qualify your club for the CL next season as well.

Super league:
    - To qualify, your club has to finish the League competition between 5th and 8th spot.
    - If you get knocked out as 3rd in the Champions League group phase, you will automatically qualify for the Knock Out phase of the Super League for the current season (at the 16th finals)!

II. Competition rules and tie-break

There are two phases in each of these competitions: The Group phase and the Knockout phase. Rules are absolutely the same in both competitions.

Group phase.
    Both CL and SL start with 32 teams spread across 8 groups, each consisting of 4 teams. The top two teams in each group qualify for the Knockout phase of the their respective competitions.

NOTE: When it comes to the Champions League, the team that placed 3rd in the Group phase does not proceed further, but that team will be placed in a Super league competition's Knockout phase.
    Here is how that looks in the SL competition table:
    [OFFICIAL] Champions League and Super League - Rules & Competition format-super-league-pairings-new.jpg

IMPORTANT!

[OFFICIAL] Champions League and Super League - Rules & Competition format-tie-break.jpg

When two or more teams in the group phase are equal in points their spot will be decided under the following criteria.
    Please keep in mind that you have to check the statistics achieved through matches that heve been played only between the teams currently in tie. Thus, you must calculate points, goals, and all other stats based only on the results of those matches.

Jeeves: This is an often brought up matter that people contact the support team about each season. Your spot in the group stage is never a mistake, trust me. Also keep in mind the following when you calculate your results: Points Win=3 Draw=1 Loss=0

Knockout phase.
    CL - The winner in each group plays against the runner-up of one of the other groups. The pairs compete against each other in a two-leg format.
    SL - The winner in each group plays against the runner-up of one of the other groups. Those that survive the round of 32 will play against one of the 3rd placed teams from the CL group stage (as mentioned before), in the round of 16.

Tie-break rules - In case of a tie, the away-goal rule is king here. The team that scored more goals while being the away team, proceeds to the next stage.

Did you know?
    • You can switch between the CL and SL competition table by going to the respective competition's menu and selecting the drop-down menu at the top left.
      Like so:

[OFFICIAL] Champions League and Super League - Rules & Competition format-switching-between-cl-sl-copy.jpg

• You can view the rules of the competitions and find out how much cash each stage nets for a victory by selecting the blue encyclopedia at the top right of the screen. The Tutorial button located at the top of the newly opened window, will play a video tutorial about the competition, when selected.

[OFFICIAL] Champions League and Super League - Rules & Competition format-encyclopedia-2-post-forum-update.jpg

• The tie-break rules are the very same that the UEFA uses! Check them out in our F.A.Q. and also on the wiki.

• The final match - Just like with the Cup competition, the final showdown of the Champions League and the Super League will always be played at a neutral stadium.

[OFFICIAL] Champions League and Super League - Rules & Competition format-banner-bottom-2.jpg

Well, only thing left is to wish everyone the best of luck in the Champions League and the Super League! And of course the other competitions as well.
    talisman, khris, Duncton and 5 others like this.

Nothing about being placed in a Champions League that is a level above you.
    For example level 21 team stuck in with all level 22 teams.

I think the issue with CL draws with teams one level above you should be addressed. This is not fair, especially for people unwilling or not capable of buying tokens.

Of course, it goes without saying that it takes the fun away.

VIP
    I don't want to play CL, SL and Cup... I want options to turn it off...
    Bunzo, cookizzz, lespa and 3 others like this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    I 'm also here to spoil the party.
    yes, what's the point of reading the rules, if you know from the first sight that you have no hopes to win the trophy, as most of your opponents are one lv above and they 're buying scouts for 1 token,
    Moi said here
    https://forum.topeleven.com/top-elev...-november.html
    - We have improved the balance of levels in Champions League and Super League competitions.
    but nothing changed.
    Every League winner, has 70% chances to play in a +1 lv above (the same with the S.L.)
    and that's a rule too
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 01-05-2017 at 05:42 PM.
    axd23, Rafael1991, Bunzo and 4 others like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

I'll speak for myself now.
    I am level 4 with a 101.8% (40.5) roster quality. I have already qualified for next season's CL and as a champion most likely.
    This season as a champion I was put in the CL with all the teams one level above me. More specifically there was a team with a roster which is rated at 139.3% (49.8) total quality (7 players with 8*!!!!).
    Now tell me if this is fair at all. It's Nordeus basically telling me you either have to buy tokens to be competitive or you have to tank for a couple of seasons which is something I never considered doing but very much fancy now.

The cup was very balanced though, so I got to give you that. But, I'm not really sure if this wasn't just pure luck somehow.
    madflo19 and MARCO CAIA like this.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #7
    In your threads, administrating things up!
    Guys, we're well aware of the situation with the CL and the level disparity that happens some times.

We're working on the matchmaker as we want to provide all of you with a better experience and a fair ground to compete.

Ofc, you are welcome to continue the discussion.

"Matchmaker" that´s easy for example a level 22 team plays in level 22 Champions League they do not play in level 23 or level 21 Champions league.
    It´s not rocket science is it ?
    Last edited by Bunzo; 01-06-2017 at 08:22 PM.

...¬¬'

or if not enough teams just give a CL spot for the 5th...... man Ive been the last 8 or 9 CL editions playing vs +1 level teams there.... finished my strak at 13 CLs won of consecutive levels due that... despite I won some of +1 before but the main problem is the one we know... "market advantadge for some teams".

In a nutshell "Market advantage "

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast