Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Like Tree1248Likes

Thread: Season 88 - Are you ready?

A decisive home win sees us through on the back of a huge hattrick from cup standout Zach Clough.
    Season 88 - Are you ready?-s28r16cup.jpgSeason 88 - Are you ready?-s28cloughcupstats.jpg

His dribbling skills were on point as he took on two defenders for the first goal.
    Too bad he couldn't find the bag IRL today .

Next up is a must win against the undefeated league leaders.

Season 88 - Are you ready?-s28d8l.jpg
    Last edited by HoofDaddy; 01-17-2017 at 11:42 PM.
    CM-16, madflo19, talisman and 2 others like this.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Quote Originally Posted by HoofDaddy View Post
    451 is a defensive formation, would you play 3412 hard defensive? you get what you planned for.
    I see more clearly how ignorant, glib and irrational you are now. You think formations matter much more than the vast difference in quality between teams, and that a formation with 4 players either seething on the edge of the box making runs and taking on players , or looking to run beyond CBs to latch onto through passes inside the box--, a tactical team of 3 attacking midfielders, left, central and right and 2 CMs equally proficient at attacking as much as they are at defending with an average quality score of over 90%, is a defensive formation, and can justifiably lose against a team 40% inferior, which has a goalkeeper with an average grade of 20%. Even worse, you fail to understand that formations mean nothing, are not rigid and that the play, and results obtained on the pitch depend far more on manager instructions and the quality of the players: yours and the opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by LeManiaque View Post
    I have a few veterans, I think some players just hold up well and always have fairly high ratings. Tupy has played almost every match since day 1, I think missed 3 due to red cards total.

You can see his Q% is dropping, and topped out about 124% a free seasons ago. He's won many MoM, which helps his skill. Always same position, almost always same arrow. I think he's a "natural shooter" scoring and shooting well even after his offensive skills and creativity have dropped. I have another DL who I trained to be as similar as possible, not as consistent as Tupy, not as good a shooter, even when the skills for DL surpassed DR Tupy... Keep the good ones!!

Attachment 76127Attachment 76128Attachment 76129
    He must have been with you for about 7 seasons now and has an 87%. That's complete bonkers. The longest I have my best players is usually 4 seasons, by which time they are around 65%-70%.

He must be what you guys refer to as a nordgen, yes? [Nordgens are a myth to me. I reckon folks simply get uber-lucky sometimes and land young guys who earn massive points after every training and have labeled them nordgens.]
    CM-16 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Temidayo_ View Post
    you fail to understand that formations mean nothing, are not rigid and that the play, and results obtained on the pitch depend far more on manager instructions and the quality of the players: yours and the opposition.
    quality is relative to the manager's level. I have a 3* defender that still wins headers and blocks shots against 6* opposition. I've also seen 2* academy grads rate 8s and 9s after a few days of training. Players' internal programming has nothing to do with their current relative quality level.
    As for the formations being irrelevant I point you to one of the most informative and long standing threads on this forum to contest that point.
    https://forum.topeleven.com/formatio...ation-use.html
    Because of the away goals rule in cup ties, it's usually a good idea to attack away and defend at home. You should choose a formation that reflects this mentality. 451v is a formation best used with zonal marking, low pressing and long passes with flank focus. I encourage you to develop/buy more multiposition players and test out what tactics and formations work for you so you don't LOSE to clubs a FULL TWO STARS below you.
    Embarrassing.
    madflo19 and Bunzo like this.
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Famous
    ^^^ I'm season 8, and he's original to the team along with my AMC and one of 2 ST, the other I think I picked up in season 2. I'm dealing with aging now, trying to figure out how long they really stay viable. My season 2 GK seems off, but then so do my miraculous 8 rating back ups. It's hard to know when to send them on, but it's making for an interesting balance.

Even these older guys can get back to 80 easily, and if that's still getting it done... I can concentrate my resources on replacing the players who are playing for 6-7 ratings. So I have a few old reliables, a few mid career players who might be over their prime, and the promising u-21 guys can get lots of packs and reach 120 each season.

I also try to take advantage of the -20% to skills (and higher Training Efficiency Factor) at each new level. I mean, I try to "rebalance" individual player's skills. For resample if my DC needs better heading but has high tackling, the new season allows that to be trained more efficiently. It's been important with the old guys as training becomes much less effective. (If you believe skills matter.)
    "Please stay polite"
    -The Justicer, "Never accept defeat"

Pueblo FC

Unofficial Updates Thread

quality is relative to the manager's level. I have a 3* defender that still wins headers and blocks shots against 6* opposition. I've also seen 2* academy grads rate 8s and 9s after a few days of training. Players' internal programming has nothing to do with their current relative quality level.
    The manager is on the same level as me, dunce. There are no logical reasons why a 3-star player should outplay a 5-star one, unless they're very young but with a huge potential, or belong in a vastly superior squad which has a much higher average % than his, and steamrolls the 5-star team. Average squad % > individual weak player's %. Or if they have a special ability. But I'm sure you, in your immense superiority complex and snobbishness will rationalise that to be totally reasonable, just to lay the blame on the complaining manager.

As for the formations being irrelevant I point you to one of the most informative and long standing threads on this forum to contest that point.
    https://forum.topeleven.com/formatio...ation-use.html
    Because of the away goals rule in cup ties, it's usually a good idea to attack away and defend at home. You should choose a formation that reflects this mentality. 451v is a formation best used with zonal marking, low pressing and long passes with flank focus.
    Formations stop meaning **** as the difference in quality widens. The sheer superiority in quality of a side trumps whatever tactical plan the opposition has. This is especially true when the difference is as much as 40%. Formations only matter between teams of a similar quality. It's basic logic.

I encourage you to develop/buy more multiposition players and test out what tactics and formations work for you so you don't LOSE to clubs a FULL TWO STARS below you.
    Embarrassing.
    The manager is on the same level as me, and they are performing just as incredulously in the league. I did mention that. But you clearly are nuts. I mean, don't you have to be to be clear of all doubt and refuse to consider how there might be a bug somewhere???

You should get off your high horse and quit with the condescension, and the stupid assumption that everyone who complains about the engine is a whiny dick. Ass.

I'm not sure why I have bothered pandering to your whims anyway, a guy who thinks the Spanish Liga is ****e sorely based on Iago Aspas' failure at Liverpool, and the fact that he is back lighting up the Spanish Liga. You, apparently, do not grasp a basic concept like The Peter Principle, and neither do you understand the popular sayings about fishes, ponds, and their sizes: Big fishes in small ponds, and small fishes in big ponds.

Quote Originally Posted by LeManiaque View Post
    ^^^ I'm season 8, and he's original to the team along with my AMC and one of 2 ST, the other I think I picked up in season 2. I'm dealing with aging now, trying to figure out how long they really stay viable. My season 2 GK seems off, but then so do my miraculous 8 rating back ups. It's hard to know when to send them on, but it's making for an interesting balance.

Even these older guys can get back to 80 easily, and if that's still getting it done... I can concentrate my resources on replacing the players who are playing for 6-7 ratings. So I have a few old reliables, a few mid career players who might be over their prime, and the promising u-21 guys can get lots of packs and reach 120 each season.

I also try to take advantage of the -20% to skills (and higher Training Efficiency Factor) at each new level. I mean, I try to "rebalance" individual player's skills. For resample if my DC needs better heading but has high tackling, the new season allows that to be trained more efficiently. It's been important with the old guys as training becomes much less effective. (If you believe skills matter.)
    I'm left to wonder.. Is this your first managerial career, or have you played at some point in the past?

You must have won losts of trophies, the league title every season.. I'd guess. Question must be how many trebles you've won. D'u mind telling?

Quote Originally Posted by Temidayo_ View Post
    The manager is on the same level as me, dunce. There are no logical reasons why a 3-star player should outplay a 5-star one
    Same level but 40% less quality, which equals two stars.
    perhaps the manager decided a few seasons ago that he had a good team and wasn't going to change his squad just to see how far he would go. Due to player age and natural decrease in +skills his average quality would slowly decline over a few seasons. So his players may have been young and 5* excellent performers at one time. if he is still active, knows the ideal orders and formation for his players, and has continued success - as evidenced by beating you in the cup and maintaining a strong position in league - is that not evidence that managerial input trumps overall quality?

It's basic logic.
    Your logic is asserting that all players of equal quality are equal and that any deviations from this are the result of a bug
    Quality is one of many variable influencing match performance and results.
    The game engine isn't as simple as you think it is.

you clearly are nuts. I mean, don't you have to be to be clear of all doubt and refuse to consider how there might be a bug somewhere???
    Please explain further how T11 is conspiring to steal victories from your fake team.

assumption that everyone who complains about the engine is a whiny dick
    ive seen a lot of successful managers come through here, the "best" ones are highly analytical and scientific in their approach and/or commit a lot of time and resources into building their squads. Not complaining about outside influences in a game you directly control.

neither do you understand the popular sayings about fishes, ponds, and their sizes: Big fishes in small ponds, and small fishes in big ponds.
    Ispas is quite good in a lot of respects, good finisher, decent speed. He just can't cut it physically at the highest level. He is tiny and weak and the Premier League is one of the fastest and most physical leagues in the world. The bottom half of La Liga is filled with trash teams with trash players that would struggle in the championship.

Fishes and ponds. I submit that I am a bull and you are a lone matador that has resorted to stripping off his clothes in order to distract his opponent. You're now naked, I'm annoyed, and will only spare you if you apologize and hop over the wall, tout de suite!
    Last edited by HoofDaddy; 01-18-2017 at 03:58 AM.
    madflo19, Bunzo and The Destroyers like this.
    The Hoof is the Proof.

As I was eviscerating you, my club won 2-1. Both goals from corners.

Season 88 - Are you ready?-s28d10l.jpgSeason 88 - Are you ready?-s28goldstein.jpg

Tactics and formations > whatever you think wins
    Season 88 - Are you ready?-s28d11ltable.jpg

Whee.
    Last edited by HoofDaddy; 01-18-2017 at 03:31 AM.
    madflo19 and nash123 like this.
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Same level but 40% less quality, which equals two stars.
    perhaps the manager decided a few seasons ago that he had a good team and wasn't going to change his squad just to see how far he would go. Due to player age and natural decrease in +skills his average quality would slowly decline over a few seasons. So his players may have been young and 5* excellent performers at one time. if he is still active, knows the ideal orders and formation for his players, and has continued success - as evidenced by beating you in the cup and maintaining a strong position in league - is that not evidence that managerial input trumps overall quality?

Your logic is asserting that all players of equal quality are equal and that any deviations from this are the result of a bug
    Quality is one of many variable influencing match performance and results.
    The game engine isn't as simple as you think it is.

Please explain further how T11 is conspiring to steal victories from your fake team.

ive seen a lot of successful managers come through here, the "best" ones are highly analytical and scientific in their approach and/or commit a lot of time and resources into building their squads. Not complaining about outside influences in a game you directly control.

Ispas is quite good in a lot of respects, good finisher, decent speed. He just can't cut it physically at the highest level. He is tiny and weak and the Premier League is one of the fastest and most physical leagues in the world. The bottom half of La Liga is filled with trash teams with trash players that would struggle in the championship.

Fishes and ponds. I submit that I am a bull and you are a lone matador that has resorted to stripping off his clothes in order to distract his opponent. You're now naked, I'm annoyed, and will only spare you if you apologize and hop over the wall, tout de suite!
    Won't bother replying you anymore. I'm sure you've had a lot of fun.

Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast