Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: How assists works?

Rookie
    I'm still confused and don't get it :/

How assists works?-screenshot_2017-01-18-16-24-00.png
    How assists works?-screenshot_2017-01-18-16-24-26.png
    How assists works?-screenshot_2017-01-18-16-24-59.png
    How assists works?-screenshot_2017-01-18-16-25-06.png
    How assists works?-screenshot_2017-01-18-16-25-31.png
    How assists works?-screenshot_2017-01-18-16-25-37.png
    How assists works?-screenshot_2017-01-18-16-25-42.png

Rookie
    Then if in the animations shows that the ball got deflected that information should be on the texts also right? Yet, it's a assist, wtf!

I ve got assist for a player that gained a penalty

Quote Originally Posted by Cloverfield View Post
    Yeah and it can even be the same player

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Quote Originally Posted by guilleon View Post
    Then if in the animations shows that the ball got deflected that information should be on the texts also right? Yet, it's a assist, wtf!
    As I said in another thread. Some of the 'support' answers are very vague and inconsistent. My guess is that they are hired to help, and not to explain how the game engine works. I wouldn't put to much in those quick responses
    guilleon and madflo19 like this.

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Aww what a selfish player haha

Maybe they do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4gMokokghM
    Gert Funck likes this.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloverfield View Post
    So it's broken then! Great game 11/10

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Gert Funck View Post
    As I said in another thread. Some of the 'support' answers are very vague and inconsistent. My guess is that they are hired to help, and not to explain how the game engine works. I wouldn't put to much in those quick responses
    A lot of those responses are just a CTRL C + CTRL V. Like in the first sentence the 'support' just anwsered 'yes it dose!' the rest is a filthy copy

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #19
    @Guilleon.

After reading the conversation I have to say that your original question wasn't very well worded. You shouldn't forget that you have the context of this thread while the support agent doesn't.

When a user talks about anything related with the 2D animation it's usually about his/her device not being able to emulate it (Which is always due to compatibility issues - Old devices). The agent should have asked you to further explain yourself and provide some better detail as to what the issue is. The only vague thing in that conversation is your question itself. Sorry but it is what it is.

Also, from the rest of the conversation it is quite clear that the agent is directly speaking to you, those aren't macros. He specifically answers your questions.
    He explains that the engine is trying to fit everything in the span of 8 minutes, that is what the agent meant by "The engine is trying to adapt a 90 min match in an 8 min simulation" not that the data between animation and text differs.

And later, as the Agent also explained, he meant that he was talking about the change between Text and the 2D animation (Which happens whenever an interesting event in the match occurs).

In future cases please provide the support agent that handles your ticket with as much detail as you can.

Finally I see that Jeeves has asked the devs for a confirmation and it seems that what you guys have been discussing here happens due to some technical limitations with the engine.

Honestly this is just something that has never been brought up to the support channel before, as it's not exactly a technical issue. The game runs, the match is played out, it's just that there are certain situations in the game where the engine follows a strict path when conducting it's simulation. I.e. Nothing game-breaking, but definitely something we should improve on.
    LeManiaque and Jeeves like this.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Voldara View Post
    @Guilleon.

After reading the conversation I have to say that your original question wasn't very well worded. You shouldn't forget that you have the context of this thread while the support agent doesn't.

When a user talks about anything related with the 2D animation it's usually about his/her device not being able to emulate it (Which is always due to compatibility issues - Old devices). The agent should have asked you to further explain yourself and provide some better detail as to what the issue is. The only vague thing in that conversation is your question itself. Sorry but it is what it is.

Also, from the rest of the conversation it is quite clear that the agent is directly speaking to you, those aren't macros. He specifically answers your questions.
    He explains that the engine is trying to fit everything in the span of 8 minutes, that is what the agent meant by "The engine is trying to adapt a 90 min match in an 8 min simulation" not that the data between animation and text differs.

And later, as the Agent also explained, he meant that he was talking about the change between Text and the 2D animation (Which happens whenever an interesting event in the match occurs).

In future cases please provide the support agent that handles your ticket with as much detail as you can.

Finally I see that Jeeves has asked the devs for a confirmation and it seems that what you guys have been discussing here happens due to some technical limitations with the engine.

Honestly this is just something that has never been brought up to the support channel before, as it's not exactly a technical issue. The game runs, the match is played out, it's just that there are certain situations in the game where the engine follows a strict path when conducting it's simulation. I.e. Nothing game-breaking, but definitely something we should improve on.
    Question: 'does the ENGINE of the games change from text view from 2d view?"
    Answer: 'yes it dose!... then a ctrl c + ctrl v about toggling 2d off.."
    Question: 'what change' (this is the best part, i asked if the ENGINE of the game change from 2d to text and not if the VIEW of the game change)
    Answer: 'the LIVE match will show LIVE animation (wow doge!)....'

Yeah he did speak directly to me after the 2 question but did not answered correctly, and i just asked what i had read on this topic...

Quote Originally Posted by jcohen42 View Post
    You have to keep in mind, the animations are currently completely detached from the inner workings of the game. They are guided by what the inner workings tell them, but some animations do not really show what has happened within the game. This and "phantom assists" that the animations show but the game does not award are the two worst offenders. If you prefer to just see what is happening within the game, just turn off animations and watch the text, because there you will only see what is happening in the game engine.
    Well if a player can receive an assist from suffering a penalty and score the penalty at the same time, i don't know how you call it, but it does seems like a technical issue and a broken one by the way.
    Last edited by guilleon; 01-19-2017 at 08:49 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast