Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: How assists works?

Rookie

How assists works?

I just saw a cornerkick been blocked at first but my AMC made a rebound goal thus giving the crosser an assist then my ST made a short pass to my AMC that made the goal and receive no assist? How does this works? Sometimes i really don't understand why some players don't get an assist. Does this happens to anybody else?

How assists works?-top-eleven.jpg

If there is a goal after corner, the man you have put as corner kick taker will always be rewarded the assist.
    No matter deflections in the play/animation

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Gert Funck View Post
    If there is a goal after corner, the man you have put as corner kick taker will always be rewarded the assist.

That's not how a assist should work
    Gert Funck likes this.

You have to keep in mind, the animations are currently completely detached from the inner workings of the game. They are guided by what the inner workings tell them, but some animations do not really show what has happened within the game. This and "phantom assists" that the animations show but the game does not award are the two worst offenders. If you prefer to just see what is happening within the game, just turn off animations and watch the text, because there you will only see what is happening in the game engine.
    guilleon likes this.
    DRAGONS SC

THE PERMANENT END

Famous
    Which is interesting because it doesn't work that way with deflected/ rebounded FK. I have Tupy set to take GK, twice recently another player has taken them (who is much lower on the FK lost) with Tupy making the rebound goal after wall deflection. Goal credit to Tupy, no assist to FK taker.
    Gert Funck likes this.
    "Please stay polite"
    -The Justicer, "Never accept defeat"

Pueblo FC

Unofficial Updates Thread

If my freekicks taker isn't at the ball, then it scrambles and my freekick taker finishes with goal.. No assist.. So yes wierd
    LeManiaque likes this.

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by jcohen42 View Post
    You have to keep in mind, the animations are currently completely detached from the inner workings of the game. They are guided by what the inner workings tell them, but some animations do not really show what has happened within the game. This and "phantom assists" that the animations show but the game does not award are the two worst offenders. If you prefer to just see what is happening within the game, just turn off animations and watch the text, because there you will only see what is happening in the game engine.
    Is it real? I'm going to watch tomorrows game with the animations turned off, thanks!

Rookie
    How assists works?-untitled.jpg

First game I saw with this new config and a 30 goal meter happened to the team I was supporting.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #9
    In your threads, administrating things up!
    Basically what Gert explained.

It's a limitation in the engine really.

I've asked the devs about this and it seems that right now the assist will always be awarded to the player who gives start to the free-kick situation (Namely the one who executes the free kick).
    guilleon likes this.

There is also the situation where, in open play, the game 'forgets' the assisting player if he passes the ball to a compatriot and this player then takes a few steps before scoring the goal...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast