Views:	48 
Size:	73.7 KB 
ID:	77999
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Size:	27.1 KB 
ID:	78000
    No, you used a recognised counter to that formation. But, it is further evidence that 4W defences are no longer as effective against a narrow attacking formation as they once were. I tend to use 3N-1-4-2 or 3N-1-5-1 (depending on opponent strengths) against 4-2-1-3 and get better results even against stronger teams.
    Cloverfield likes this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post
    No, you used a recognised counter to that formation. But, it is further evidence that 4W defences are no longer as effective against a narrow attacking formation as they once were. I tend to use 3N-1-4-2 or 3N-1-5-1 (depending on opponent strengths) against 4-2-1-3 and get better results even against stronger teams.
    Then I should use 3N DC against even 2 attackers? Works better than 3W defensive players?

Quote Originally Posted by k1tb View Post
    Then I should use 3N DC against even 2 attackers? Works better than 3W defensive players?
    It looks like nowadays if you're faced with a narrow xMC-AMC-xST formation then better results are obtained by using a 3N-DMC-2/3MC defence, and putting wide midfielders (ML/MR or AML/AMR) in to counter any wide defenders the opponent has. If the opponent is narrow in attack but has wide midfielders then the wide defenders (DL/DR or DML/DMR) are still needed. That is my current thinking based on experience with my own team and analysis of results for the rest of the matches in the League.
    Cloverfield likes this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Quote Originally Posted by k1tb View Post
    I did something completely wrong?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Size:	27.1 KB 
ID:	78000
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloverfield View Post
    Low ratings indeed.
    I would recommend not to use 451v against formations that attack solely through the middle.

Prefer to boost your middle part of your tactics.

Go for something like 3dc-1-3mc-2w-1.

It works better.
    As talisman said 4 defenders even with 1 dmc seem not to work fine with narrow-middle formations.

Try the suggestions and check if it works better.

For me it really does the difference (and I am a fan of 451v as well )

I counter above formation with 3dc-1-2mc-3w-1 to take advantage the lack of oppo's dm
    k1tb likes this.
    ♣----------------------------------------------------------------------------♣
    [First team] Clover 13 - Panathinaikos FC Legends
    -->Team Showcase<--
    [Second team] Angry Sheep FC

Rookie
    Ok,useful tips with those narrow/wide 3 defenders. I could understand the loss but c'mon, he didn't deserve so many 5.x rates. Not with these tactics.

More evidence from today's Cup Semi-Final match just finished - in previous seasons I would have gone straight for 4-5-1V against 4-3N-3. If I had today, then I would have had a 101% team, against the opponents 108%. Going for 3N-1-3N-2AMW-1 reduced my overall Quality but gave me players in vital positions to counter the opponent.

Worst ratings ever?-s14-cup-hl-sf1-luke-fc-xt.jpgWorst ratings ever?-s14-cup-ms-sf1-luke-fc.jpgWorst ratings ever?-s14-cup-fm-sf1-luke-fc.jpgWorst ratings ever?-s14-cup-pr-sf1-luke-fc.jpg
    Last edited by talisman; 02-22-2017 at 04:48 PM.
    gizzmo and Killroy like this.

Famous
    I think the latter is THE ultimate counter ever: can't remember losing to 4-3-3 with this.
    Cloverfield likes this.
    Club: FC Lomagne

Level: 33

Current Season (44): League (ON STRIKE), CL (N/A), Cup (In - Quarter-Finals)

Previous Season: League (11th), CL (Final), Cup (Last 16)

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post
    It looks like nowadays.......................................... .................................................. .............
    it looks like nowadays, almost every second game oppo GK makes 5-6 saves in a match with a rate of 8 and our GK 0-1 with a low rate, so I don't know with this factor we can recognize if a formation works or not.
    Old times, 5-6 saves in a game was very rare.
    madflo19 likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Famous
    What did your AM said ? It was not your day ??
    Club: FC Lomagne

Level: 33

Current Season (44): League (ON STRIKE), CL (N/A), Cup (In - Quarter-Finals)

Previous Season: League (11th), CL (Final), Cup (Last 16)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast