Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: What age is too old?

What age is too old?

I've had great success with my team, but now some of them are getting on. I am investing in some youth. What age is too old in top eleven?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'll keep decent people until 24 yrs old. Exceptional people will stay on my team until they retire.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    HoofDaddy likes this.

Age is just a Number Boi, once i won the league just because of 31 years old DL who was surprisingly good at assisting corners he made like 30 assists per season every corner was a goal ,i never found someone like him to this day
    woopypooky likes this.

Age is not as important as it has been. I would say, as long as he can keep up keep him.

I have several 30 years or near players, that is dominating still

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Famous
    What age is too old?-screenshot_2017-01-19-16-57-44.jpg

No rush
    Cope King likes this.
    "Please stay polite"
    -The Justicer, "Never accept defeat"

Pueblo FC

Unofficial Updates Thread

Dreamer
    I keep all players until their performance drops. A common mistake is going too young and ending up with too many under performing young players
    woopypooky likes this.

It's good to have a mixture. I agree with earlier comments about having too many under-performing young players. I think you need a good balance of age and youth.

KFC Loella
    Level 41
    20 League Titles
    6 Champions League
    2 Cups
    ROMANBY VILLAGE FC (founded December 24th 2013)
    Level 121
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Top Eleven Forum Moderator

Dreamer
    Brilliant question
    I have always been selling my players a bit young....around 23-24.
    I tend to go by the star ratings and since young players grow faster, my team tends to be full of 18-21 year olds.
    However, I do agree there are quite a few times they underperform, esp in finals and decider matches.
    Would appreciate if some of the more experienced folks could advice whether:
    1. There are certain areas of team, eg. defence, where aged players are better than young players even when the young one is a star better.
    2. How to decide between whether weather to go for a young player who will progress more with lesser greens OR keep an experienced veteran (may not be a single golden formula...just experiences are good)
    ChelseaJohn likes this.

I always like to have a mixtured squad. Older players bring experience to the table which is always necessary for the better development of younger players.

I find it extremely important especially in defence. Something like Milan of the good ol' days when they had all these extremely experienced players in the defence.
    Manager of Παναθηναϊκός Α.Ο (Panathinaikos A.O) currently playing at level 18.

I've always found that an old wise head in midfield helps...
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast