Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Very disapointed after 2 seasons so far.

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    I 'm talking about the game Civilization. I spent a LOT of hours in that game.
    Every player is starting with the basic units Warriors/Archers/Horsemen and after gathering sources, building cities, developing science, you try to update first your units. But sooner or later, your opponents also discover those new types too. Then you trying to move on faster and earlier than the others.
    And the game keeping that way till you manage to send the first aircraft to space.
    Yeah, me too, I play since the first part.
    But don't you see the difference? In Civilization you make effort, spend resources and get a reward: new technology, new units maybe. New possibilities. In Top Eleven you make effort, spend resources, and get -20% to quality, and nothing else. And we have tankers because of that.
    Or do you think that tanking is OK in a game like this?
    It wasn't our day.

tanking is not only ok, it's absolutely necessary for players that play for free. I tank every 5 seasons to rebuild and develop my squad. Learning how to purposely lose/draw helps you understand what not to do to win as well.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Rookie
    Not to forget all the time some of us put into micro management training which seems sertainly wasted since abilities seems more like cosmetics than real

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    ah, that's good you played Civ Toxcatl
    So, at that game, new radical inventions were very few if you remember
    workers > engineers (terraforming), railway (unlimited moves), diplomat to spy, flight, aircraft carrier, nuclear bomb and 2-3 others.
    Having a new unit, a jet instead of an airplane it's just few moves and some firepower more. The battle system remains the same.

The reward of this game is to win games and trophies. What else could be ?

Yes, I agree with HoofDaddy
    No, I don't agree with "pro"/permanent tankers who do that only for asso groups.
    No, I don't agree when someone can build a team above 7* with tanking
    my suggestion https://forum.topeleven.com/suggesti...A-players.html
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Rookie
    Loved civ as well.
    In T11 the only progress are the training drills you can unlock, and the buildings. And once you have them all, it's just marginal gain.
    Apart from that, difficult to compare Civ to T11.

In the former, there is always a long term objective of conquest and world domination.
    In T11, it's more as Nik said: How long can you stay on top?
    Your team's strength is constantly eroded. Nothing lasts. Your brilliant AML will be the shadow of himself next season.
    How to keep up? what will your team look like early next season?
    I think it's quite alike to the challenges of real football manager. Think how long Arsene Wenger, Alex Ferguson etc have been doing that very same thing?

For the rest, I agree tanking is a problem (I don't like to play against teams that want to loose), and I'm ready to revise my opinion when I feel I need to tank too. Not happened yet.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Apart from that, difficult to compare Civ to T11.
    another Civ fan
    The basic thing of (almost) all the games is a routine, where actually you do the same basic things (till the time the game is over - you finished all the missions).
    So it's the same
    trying to win with your riflemen opponent's musketeers (in Civ)
    won new territories or castles in Total War
    wear the new power armor but facing stronger mutants (in Fall out)
    find a new stronger sword in a dungeon but have to fight a more dangerous dragon
    building a 6*-7* team , winning a trophy, loosing a star in the next season and building your team again.

Here of course we have the challenge to find some young fast trainers and keep them for 3-4 more seasons in our team.

But for me, one of the more exiting moments (except playing in a final) in the game is to wake up early in the morning of the first season Sunday and looking for players to build my team.

Could it be better ? yes, I would like a longer season , of six weeks for example, so to enjoy my new team.
    As I also would like a match with longer duration of 15 min. with more interactive coaching.
    LarryC, Bog Igre and gamer5289 like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Rookie
    As I also would like a match with longer duration of 15 min. with more interactive coaching.
    Agreed. In the wish list, I'd add more stats. I feel we're kind of blind during the games.
    How many offsides, attacks on the right, left, centre, counter attacks, how many passes to each player etc

I am from Serbia and here people work every day for 10 euros or less so i don't buy tokens but when I read some interesting staff about training and buying young players (18-21yo) and ofcourse watching free videos for greens and 2 videos for x2 training i won 2 trebles in a row and this season my team is undifeated also...and with understending the tactic I am wining agains stronger teams.My team is 100% on the beginig of the season and 120% at the end of the season.(this season my team is on 111% ant the second week is not over).So you don't need money only time and brain
    HoofDaddy and gamer5289 like this.

It is easy to get a full team of scout with the token earn everyday and from the association reward. I never spend a penny and yet I have a team of all scout players. Just have fun and don't over invest your money in this game, it doesn't worth taking you a hell lot of money.
    Magnifique le FC (Current: Season 9, Level 7 - START OVER ONCE AGAIN)

TREBLE (2):
    LEVEL 5, LEVEL 6 (CONSECUTIVE TREBLE)

League (5):
    Champion: Level 1, 2, 4, 5, 6
    Fourth Place: Level 3

Champions League (2):
    Champion: Level 5, 6

Nivea Men League:
    Never Qualify

Cup (2):
    Champion: Level 5, 6

Longest Winning Streak: 64 Games