Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Very disapointed after 2 seasons so far.

Very disapointed after 2 seasons so far.

So I'm going to keep it short.

I started out 2 seasons ago, invested a lot of money(for me) in the game and i got my tham to 105%. I did this by buying good players(money/value), trained them and I had 5 or 6 scouted players and 1 world class player + a lot of 4* ones that were a few % away of getting 5*. And I had a few scouted players getting close to becoming world class. With that team I won the league and cup in my first full season and lost the CL because I was working and had 4 games that day... Anyway..

So the season ended, I was very happy naturally and then this one began and when I checked my team it was back in the 80% range !!! I lost 20% roughly on all of my lines, my world class player is a scouted one now and he is the only one on that level! All of the others are back to 5 stars or less and with a lot of work left ot do YET AGAIN just to get them to where they were! I mean WTF?! So, if it's like this every season, then I see no reason whatsoever to play,invest my money and time just to get thrown back every season! If it's like that, then there is no continuity, you can't build a team and go trough the levels with it => there is no pleasure at all and no fulfilment. It just means that you have to throw your money at the game non stop just to be able to win and change your players non stop, which, for me is complete and utter sh*t.

So i want to ask you about your opinion, experience etc etc and tell me if it really is like this, does it change later on(like after you get your players above world class they keep their abilities or something like this) or I don;t know what...

P.S. I am really enjoying the game and want to play it but if it's like i think/see it is at the moment, then I'm going to quit probably.

Thank you.

rpg
    Well, I am level 30 now, so far its not about game of building great teams, its more of a game of staying on top of everyone else every season. Although you can build great teams that last probably 3-5 seasons without spending a dime. And repeat with another great teams.

Quote Originally Posted by xtrbg View Post
    So I'm going to keep it short.
    Oh, mate, I understand your frustration!
    Look, you don't know the game yet, you need to play a few seasons for it and read some guides from the forum (check these). It is very much possible to have 105-110% team in the beginning of the season and 125-130% in the end without paying money. So I'd say, do not invest until you know how to use tokens you are buying. I made the same mistake on my 2nd level: 20 euros to the waste =]

20% reduction is happening every time you get a promotion. The overall quality of your players (the number in brackets after percentage quality) stays the same, but relative quality (percentage) drops by 20%. This part is logical: the next division means stronger teams, and your team is not that strong comparing to them. But we get nothing good from the promotion, only problems. And, unfortunately, it is highly unlikable that Nordeus is going to change something about it.

You can tank -- deliberately lose the League to avoid promotion. Many managers do it, especially on high levels. Sounds like fun, right? xD Yeah, I know it doesn't. This is a major flaw in TE game design: promotion should be a reward, but in fact it is a punishment. Accept it or stop playing.

I decided for myself that I'm not goning to pay until the problem with tankers is solved. Nordeus don't deserve it with current ****ty leveling system.
    Last edited by Toxcatl; 03-09-2017 at 08:26 AM.
    LarryC likes this.
    It wasn't our day.

Rookie
    about the leveling system, I think it's kinda common in video games that if you go up one level, things get harder.
    However T11 is not a video game, and in a realistic football management simulation this level system can be seen as inappropriate. And why aren't you pushed down one level if you finish at the bottom of the league?

Quote Originally Posted by LarryC View Post
    about the leveling system, I think it's kinda common in video games that if you go up one level, things get harder.
    In video games when you level up, you gain new skills and stat points. Plus probably access to new zones, quests and better equipment. In other words, you get more possibilities, and gameplay is slightly changing. Level up has it's rewards as well as challenges.
    In TE you get nothing. Only abstract numbers change, but it doesn't affect anything. Gameplay stays absolutely the same. That makes level up a punishment.
    So it is not the same, not even a little bit. Have you ever seen a game where people are trying to avoid level up? The fact we have tankers is the best indicator of Nordeus' fail in this aspect of the game.

I am surprised that so many people don't see it.
    Last edited by Toxcatl; 03-09-2017 at 08:43 AM. Reason: grammar
    czero, motrin, LarryC and 2 others like this.
    It wasn't our day.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    I already answered in this thread
    https://forum.topeleven.com/top-elev...-problems.html

"I don't see any issue here. It's the rules of the game, the way of playing for every manager.
    It's like in another strategy/management game when the years are passing and you have to update your infantry from Warriors to Pikemen to Musketeers to Riflemen or to modern warfare troopers.
    Or in another action/rpg game when you have a new stronger weapon or armor but later your next opponents have from 1000 XP, to 2000 XP."

It's the challenge of the game, to build a new good team every season and fill your trophies room or take a break and stay level from time to time.
    I do all above.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post

"I don't see any issue here. It's the rules of the game, the way of playing for every manager.
    It's like in another strategy/management game when the years are passing and you have to update your infantry from Warriors to Pikemen to Musketeers to Riflemen or to modern warfare troopers.
    Or in another action/rpg game when you have a new stronger weapon or armor but later your next opponents have from 1000 XP, to 2000 XP."

It's the challenge of the game, to build a new good team every season and fill your trophies room or take a break and stay level from time to time.
    I do all above.
    It is the rules, and they are bad. That's the problem.

Pikeman, Musketeers and Rifleman are different types of units. They fight differently and have their unique strong and weak sides. It's not a correct compassion. In your example we have qualitative difference, in TE -- only quantitative.

And in TE we have tanking, ugly boring exploting-like thing, therefore, the system is bad. Nuff said.
    It wasn't our day.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Pikeman, Musketeers and Rifleman are different types of units. They fight differently and have their unique strong and weak sides. It's not a correct compassion. In your example we have qualitative difference, in TE -- only quantitative.
    I 'm talking about the game Civilization. I spent a LOT of hours in that game.
    Every player is starting with the basic units Warriors/Archers/Horsemen and after gathering sources, building cities, developing science, you try to update first your units. But sooner or later, your opponents also discover those new types too. Then you trying to move on faster and earlier than the others.
    And the game keeping that way till you manage to send the first aircraft to space.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

vad
    Apprentice
    In video games when you level up, you gain new skills and stat points.
    Yes, this is very true, and I personally feel that this is a major drawback of this game. You level up and level up, but nothing changes at all, because you are playing with other teams who are at the same relative level as you. In fact, when you reach high enough levels the game becomes more boring, because by that time you have already built your top level stadium, so you no longer spend money on that, and they begin to accumulate in billions. Besides, at certain level the value of all players reaches certain maximum (apparently set by Nordeus to maintain semblance of the relation to the reality), so at that point all players already cost the same, and you can't determine who will be trained faster, and buy them. In the past, at that point it was possible to abandon your team and start from scratch with a new team, which is what I did once, but half a year ago this feature was removed.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post

I do all above.
    Love that game man. Another fan here

Cheers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast