Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Transfer madness...

Exclamation Transfer madness...

I was busy in the Transfer Market looking for some players for Home Guard FC, and I saw this nice DC/DMC player, 5*, high-Quality. There was already some interest in him, but my experience at Level 1 is that there are lots of initial bidders who get in early, and then they aren't around when the auction really gets going.

So I put in a token, and wait and see. Into Round 1, and six of us are still in. Round 2, down to five. At this point the bid price is upward of the $2.89M Market Value for the player, so I reluctantly bale out, as I had interest in another player who would be useful but was less attractive to buy, and his Initial Round was ending imminently. I get my man, do my admin in recording him in my stats sheet, then go back to the TM.

To my surprise, the auction for the DC/DMC is still going on, so I go back in and see where it's up to. OK, Round 30 !?!?!?! We're down to two bidders, I'll call them Silhouette and Brown Tie, as they were the characteristics of their Avatars. Both are Level 1 newbies, Brown Tie has about $5.8M in the bank, Silhouette about $850k - so why they're into the 30th round of an auction where the bid price is over $6M is don't know.

At Round 48, it's obvious Silhouette is getting a bit frustrated, Brown Tie bids almost immediately after the Round starts, Silhouette about 5 seconds before the end. Round 48 starts, and immediately Silhouette starts repeatedly bidding, hoping that if he keeps bidding then Brown Tie won't get an opportunity to bid, but he has to pause for some reason, then Brown Tie gets a bid in, and off Silhouette goes again. Over the next four rounds, Silhouette must have dumped about 50T more than he needed to in order to get hold of this player, who, don't forget, is worth under $3M, and the bid prices are now well North of $15M.

Obviously Silhouette gave up or, more likely, ran out of Tokens, as this was the final situation:

Transfer madness...-s01-transfer-madness-1.jpg

(I know it says 'LOST', but remember, I baled out 52 Rounds ago...)
    Bunzo, madflo19, Steve285 and 1 others like this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post
    Over the next four rounds, Silhouette must have dumped about 50T more than he needed to in order to get hold of this player, who, don't forget, is worth under $3M, and the bid prices are now well North of $15M.
    I've seen this exactly same thing happening right in front of me in the past. It was wise backing out early.
    Manager of Παναθηναϊκός Α.Ο (Panathinaikos A.O) currently playing at level 18.

When will noobs ever know? hah
    dave1311 likes this.
    Manager of Παναθηναϊκός Α.Ο (Panathinaikos A.O) currently playing at level 18.

Antonio Gustavo Hernandez
    This happens also to me sometimes, some managers can bid even they have - budget. But I cannot bid whenever my budget does not meet the required. May they be bot teams? Have you examined their profiles? Because, I believe I came across once with one of them and it lasted between the 30th and 40th rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Antonio Gustavo Hernandez View Post
    This happens also to me sometimes, some managers can bid even they have - budget. But I cannot bid whenever my budget does not meet the required. May they be bot teams? Have you examine their profiles? Because, I believe I came across once with one of them and it lasted between the 30th and 40th rounds.
    Oh yes, they were human managers. I had to look at their details to get their current bank balances, and had a look at their squads while I was at it. They had players in their starting XI with numbers higher than 11. Bot teams will always have players with numbers 1-11 in their starting XI, any injured or suspended players will be replaced with eligible players when the match starts.

If you have positive balance when you put the initial bid in, then you will be able to complete the auction however much into the red it will put you. If you have negative money you will not be allowed to put the initial bid.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Antonio Gustavo Hernandez
    Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post
    They had players in their starting XI with numbers higher than 11. Bot teams will always have players with numbers 1-11 in their starting XI
    Hmm, I see. I did not know that. Then, their eagerness on this player is just about they are at the first levels At level 10, I also generally do that but most of those teams will be abandoned when their managers will learn token is the most important thing in this game and they cannot acquire it easily unless they invest money

Quote Originally Posted by axd23 View Post
    I've seen this exactly same thing happening right in front of me in the past. It was wise backing out early.
    I always put an upper limit on my T-spend when I go into an Auction, based on the Quality of the player and the possible $-price I might have to pay. This time it wasn't worth staying in to even reach the limits I had set.

It was funny though. Every Round that started I was thinking 'come on one of you, give up already...'

EDIT: I just thought, there is a '50 Auction Rounds but still lost' Achievement, isn't there? - perhaps Silhouette will be happy with that as compensation.
    Last edited by talisman; 03-14-2017 at 04:48 PM.
    Steve285 likes this.

for triple position nordgens with SAs, i would pay scout price in an auction for
    khris likes this.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Rookie
    Seen better auctions 😉

Mind you both managers are lvl 15

What they´ll probably do is just start another team tomorrow when they realize they have no cash & no tokens & hey presto another 120 (? ) tokens to throw away.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast