Page 27 of 43 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Like Tree865Likes

Thread: Season 91 - Are you ready?

Quote Originally Posted by LeManiaque View Post
    ^^^

Do your other players sit on the field preparing their taxes while Kramer or Costa play 1v11 footy?
    Mostly... we analysed, where every player have to sit. So... Costa needs only a good crossing on their heads and the ball deflects in the goal. Or he does it on his own.

Nasharak FC - Club Museum
    updates every new season
    I don't buy token.
    I don't manipulate the draw.

retired

League: 26x
    Champions League: 24x
    Cup: 20x

Triple: 18x

FA (Platinum)
    stats worthless because of
    exploiting and bug-weekend

Home Guard FC had an up-and-down day, first getting another big win in the League and then collapsing to a home defeat in the 1st Leg of the Cup Semi-Final.

Playing away against 11th place, Home Guard put on an attacking master-class, midfielder Alejandro Pusineri netting a maiden hat-trick, but being eclipsed by a five-goal burst from striker Brice Morel. Samuel Njewel bagged a brace and Milos Jovanovic got another opportunity to show his prowess from the 12-yard spot late on to complete the scoring in an 11-0 victory. The only blot on the card was a 6-day injury to midfielder Hekmat Fadhil.

In the Cup, Home Guard were the 9% better Quality side, but the opposition were the better-performing team, going ahead two minutes after the break, but it didn't take long for substitute Supachai Sunthornpit, on for the injured Brice Morel, to equalise. Both sides were conceding free-kicks, but the home team were drawing blanks, and the visitors took advantage of a set-piece of their own to take the lead late-on to condemn Home Guard to a 1-2 defeat.
    Bunzo and madflo19 like this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Desert Rats FC had an away 1st Leg in the Cup Semi-Finals, and were quick out of the blocks against an evenly-matched opponent. Charlie Howell and Patrick Tillmanns put the Rats two goals up after only six minutes, and Tillmanns added another just after the half-hour. The home manager turned up just before half-time, and his half-time tinkering obviously had an effect as his charges pulled a goal back after the break, but the visitors Management had other ideas and made his own changes, successfully preventing any further inroads into the lead and the match finished with a 3-1 win for Desert Rats.

In the League, Desert Rats pulled held true to the adage below, going behind in the first half against their 4th place hosts, but a change from normal/low press to attacking/high press at the break reaped dividends in the second half and kept the home side at bay while the forward line went out, unsuccessfully as it turned out, for a winning goal. Charlie Howell made the vital strike in the 70th minute as the Rats dropped points in the League for only the second time this season.

Thanks to madflo, axd23, CM-16, and a couple of others for their support today.

Kostadin Marinov gets a name-check for the second day running, his appearance in the earlier Cup match being his 100th match for Desert Rats.

Season 91 - Are you ready?-dr-kostadin-marinov-101m.jpg
    Last edited by talisman; 04-19-2017 at 09:10 PM.
    Bunzo, CM-16, nash123 and 2 others like this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Kind of a bad day...

we lost at CL at home 0:2 against the chinese guy...
    Maybe we can turn it back, but I think CL is done.

yesterday, we beat him 1:3... he watched. Today... he didn't watch and we lost... more to say?
    (stats)
    HairDryer likes this.

updates every new season
    I don't buy token.

retired

FA (Platinum)

Pro
    Strange stuff happening in my leagues. My first team was a bottom feeder after an incredible unlucky start. Losses against bottom feeders, ties while I was totally dominant, but I went on a winning streak of 7 wins in a row and I beat the numbers 1, 2 and 3 without problems. Still only second though. I have a good chance in the CL so no worries there.

How different is it with my second team. After a long undefeated streak I suddenly lost 3 out of 6 games. The number 2 and the number 3 beat me big time. Higher in quality, equally match wise but the scores are totally off. Both team 12 shots and 6 at target. End score 0-4 loss Strange stuff haha. CL and Cup is still possible, so the triple is still alive.

One of my lost games was due to a red card. Quality wise I 10% stronger, had more possession, more shots, etc... but still the a.. manager said that the opponent was stronger. What?
    madflo19 likes this.
    FC Knudde:
    Seasons: 46
    League won: 33
    CL won: 10
    Cup won: 4

FC Killroy:
    Seasons: 32
    League won: 20
    CL won: 6
    Superleague: 3
    Cup won: 7

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Killroy View Post
    Strange stuff happening in my leagues. My first team was a bottom feeder after an incredible unlucky start. Losses against bottom feeders, ties while I was totally dominant, but I went on a winning streak of 7 wins in a row and I beat the numbers 1, 2 and 3 without problems. Still only second though. I have a good chance in the CL so no worries there.

How different is it with my second team. After a long undefeated streak I suddenly lost 3 out of 6 games. The number 2 and the number 3 beat me big time. Higher in quality, equally match wise but the scores are totally off. Both team 12 shots and 6 at target. End score 0-4 loss Strange stuff haha. CL and Cup is still possible, so the triple is still alive.

One of my lost games was due to a red card. Quality wise I 10% stronger, had more possession, more shots, etc... but still the a.. manager said that the opponent was stronger. What?
    I used to pay attention to AM comments, now I just ignore them altogether, don't even bother opening it up to read what he has to say ...

Quote Originally Posted by Killroy View Post

I've had that one too, usually in conjuction with a red card for one of my players sometime during the match. He seems to comment on the Quality difference at the end of the match rather than the start...
    Killroy likes this.

Todays league game (against chinese guy) ended 2:2, away.

But... opponent didn't watch again, we were down 2:0. His 1.shot (FK) was a goal. His keeper saved 2 FK of Costa...
    Finally, Costa and da Silva scored and we had 5:9 SoT at the end. Let's compare 4 games we played against him:

1.league game, we won 3:2, 10:4 SoT, 1:3 saves
    1.leg cup, we won 1:3, 5:10 SoT, 3:2 saves
    1.leg CL, we lost 0:2, 4:4 SoT, 2:2 saves
    2.league game, draw 2:2, 5:9 SoT (to us), 5:2 saves

quite annoying... the only game were the efficiency is to us, is the game which both managers watched... and... it isn't his keeper made so many saves... it just the efficiency.

At the moment, we are 6 points ahead to dnag, 9 to chinese guy. Looks comfortable.

updates every new season
    I don't buy token.

retired

FA (Platinum)

Home Guard FC had a 1st vs 2nd League clash as their first big match of the day, and, barring a dramatic collapse, it looks like 'Game Over' for the League competition this season. Hudson Mendes Ribeiro and Matias Rolando scored the second half goals that gave Home Guard a 2-0 win and a commanding lead at the top of the table.

Season 91 - Are you ready?-s02-l02-league-round-17-top.jpgSeason 91 - Are you ready?-s02-l02-league-round-17tp.jpg

In the Champions League, having disposed of a mega-threat side in the previous Round, Home Guard now find themselves with one foot in the Semi-Finals after a convincing win over a more equal team. Strikers Brice Morel and Matias Rolando put the home side two goals up early on, then the middle of the match belonged to recent left-wing signing Ellis Wardell. Having claimed MoM for his assists in the earlier League match, Wardell got the MoM in this one, netting a hat-trick. A late Penalty by Milos Jovanovic closed the match on a 6-0 win for Home Guard.

Hello there

Page 27 of 43 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast