Page 108 of 135 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1342
Like Tree642Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: How many troll results you had this season ?

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Troll 3: 1-1 vs equal team. But we dominated the match.
    Troll 4: 1-0 loss in the Cup Quarter Finals.
    Troll: 5 2-1 win vs abandoned team. But we dominated that game.
    Are those troll results ? Are you serious ?

This is a troll result but I don't count it as it's an asso game and as I said in the beginning, asso games/events usually have broken engine and fixed results

How many troll results you had this season ?-1-6-lost-asso-game.jpg
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Max
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    Are those troll results ? Are you serious ?

This is a troll result but I don't count it as it's an asso game and as I said in the beginning, asso games/events usually have broken engine and fixed results
    Ok maybe they are not. But still, I feel that I have my fair share of them.
    Last edited by Max; 10-13-2020 at 09:50 PM.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by gogs67 View Post
    No. Last season for example, and not for the first time, I rebuilt my whole team on the first day to about 100%, and all the other teams were abandoned between 35% and 60%.
    I won 26 out of 26 and only conceded 1 goal the whole time, never came close to losing a game.
    The chances of losing to a team 60% weaker are probably more than 1 in 50 rather than 1 in 10.
    So you pretty much gamed the system to play abandoned teams that were always 50% of your quality.... Also, you won 26 of the league games, but didn't mention the other competitions. I have won all my league games before as well (without gaming the system like that), only to lose ridiculously in another competition.
    Last edited by Lucian1986; 09-01-2019 at 06:21 PM.
    Level 20

18 x League Champion
    15 x Champions League Winner (4 x Runner Up)
    17 x Cup Winner (2 x Runner Up)
    13 x Super Cup Winner (1 x Runner Up)

929 Wins/ 55 Draws / 40 Losses
    4367 Goals Scored / 509 Goals Conceded/ 267 Games Longest Unbeaten Streak

Rookie
    Incidentally, I just got my troll in the champions league. I am 110% and played against a 97% team. He did not show up to his home game but I was present and have 15% possession advantage. Result: 4-1 defeat, with 3 goals scored against me in less than 20 min. This defense that had let in only 14 goals in 26 games just let in one after the other. This is the first time I have lost to another team by more than 1 goals.

In the 24 losses I have suffered, I would say this one, like 21 others, were from weaker teams and they all felt like I was being cheated. In this situation, it isn't so much the loss that makes me feel cheated, but the goal count.

Quite discouraging. I am about ready to give up on this game. The cheating/broken engine destroys any enjoyment I get .
    Last edited by Lucian1986; 09-01-2019 at 06:31 PM.
    Level 20

18 x League Champion

Max
    (Removed)
    Last edited by Max; 10-13-2020 at 09:49 PM.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucian1986 View Post
    So you pretty much gamed the system to play abandoned teams that were always 50% of your quality.... Also, you won 26 of the league games, but didn't mention the other competitions. I have won all my league games before as well (without gaming the system like that), only to lose ridiculously in another competition.
    i was runner up in CL and semi final of Cup
    And I was only using my last seasons example to show how incorrect your statement " If you played against a 50% quality team and you were 115%, you would still probably lose 1 game for 10 you win" actually was.
    It showed, using real-time stats, that you 'probably wouldn't" lose one game in ten against such weak opposition, the odds would be far higher than that.
    The two golden rules for this game are 'don't spend any money on it' and 'don't expect to win everything'
    Keep to these and the game stays fun

Max
    And I was only using my last seasons example to show how incorrect your statement " If you played against a 50% quality team and you were 115%, you would still probably lose 1 game for 10 you win" actually was.
    It showed, using real-time stats, that you 'probably wouldn't" lose one game in ten against such weak opposition, the odds would be far higher than that.
    The two golden rules for this game are 'don't spend any money on it' and 'don't expect to win everything'
    I have to agree with you here but I wouldn’t say it would be 1 in 50 maybe 1 in 40.

It only happened once in 28 games for me. So that is occurrence of about 3.3 In 100

Apprentice
    beat the undefeated top side in the league 7-0....lost the next game 2-1 to the bottom side....this game is fcuked
    Lucian1986 likes this.

Rookie
    To take one data point and claim it disproves the conclusion is somewhat ambitious. For the same reason that someone playing 30 games and lost 6 times to 50% weaker teams would prove that the ratio was 20% (I have played some 27 times against a team that is one level below me and it around 60% in order to train my team and have tied 3 times and lost 3, so 6/27 troll results). Regardless of whether it is 1 in 10 or a little more is not very relevant. The point is that the troll results happen too often.

Saying that one shouldn't expect to win everything is somewhat patronizing because it assumes some people actually believe they will win everything. People invest time and energy in order to achieve results. When the results are stolen from them, then why bother (I have a second team that I rarely watch the games and reaches 85% by the end of the season, yet they have always won the league and reach the quarter finals or semi finals in every competition.)

The issue is about losing games that, other from the broken engine, should have been a victory. Indeed, I just played against a team at 70% quality against my 111% team and suffered again. I beat them 3-2 but our stats were almost the same, except for the possession, where I had 65%.
    Level 20

18 x League Champion

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Max McClean View Post
    I have to agree with you here but I wouldn’t say it would be 1 in 50 maybe 1 in 40.

It only happened once in 28 games for me. So that is occurrence of about 3.3 In 100
    Problem is that we aren't always playing against teams that are 50% weaker. If you play against 75% and you are 100%, you stats jump. At this point, the lack of consistency is frustrating. You can be favorites for a match (+20%) yet still lose by a large margin.

A game where you go into the match saying: "well, does the engine favor me today or will I just lose because it said so" is pretty much a game of randomness. This disenfranchises the player

To answer your earlier question, yes, I won level 2 Champions League. I lost my first cup on lvl one because I was already knocked out when I took control of the team. In fact, the team lost 7 games before I took control of the team. However, to argue my point, since the game is quite random, the trophies have just as much to do with luck as management. I know how you feel. I lost one final 2-1 against a team that was 89 (I was 121%).
    Last edited by Lucian1986; 09-01-2019 at 10:08 PM.
    Level 20

18 x League Champion