Page 110 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1342
Like Tree642Likes

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: How many troll results you had this season ?

  1. #1091
    Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by NUNO FC View Post
    But if it is to imitate real football there wouldn't be rest packs, morale packs or injury packs

    And Ossassuna is more than 25% weaker than Barça please have intelectual honesty and improve your tactics, I'm not a top manager and I rarely have troll results
    I don't think it is intellectually dishonest to say Osasuna isn't 25% weaker than Barcelona when 3 of their players are aren't their star players and the team is overall in the process of being rebuilt. When you get into the top flight in Europe's major leagues, I don't think there are many teams that are a quarter weaker.
    Level 20

    18 x League Champion
    15 x Champions League Winner (4 x Runner Up)
    17 x Cup Winner (2 x Runner Up)
    13 x Super Cup Winner (1 x Runner Up)

    929 Wins/ 55 Draws / 40 Losses
    4367 Goals Scored / 509 Goals Conceded/ 267 Games Longest Unbeaten Streak

  2. #1092
    Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by Max McClean View Post
    Wow 4-1 would do my head in. I am not being rude but that is probably you out of the CL this season. I hope you win your second match by the amount of goals that you need to win by. At least you won 6 champions leagues, you also came runner up twice. I lost 3 CL Finals out of three to weaker teams so you are lucky. And Can I ask? Did you win your first CL on level 2. I lost my First CL Final our of the 3 I have been in on level 2. I see level 2 as you winning the league and cup while being the stronger team. And then you play in the CL Final and lose to a weaker team. Anyway so far I have Conceded 9 gaols in 28 games this season. And I have conceded 6 in my last 9 games. And before that, I only conceded 3 in 19 and made 13 consecutive Clean Sheets.

    Max, first, I wanted to thank you for your wishes. It can be helpful to have support in the community to the randomness of the game. As a follow up on my game and to show the ridiculousness of the engine, I won my second leg.

    I lost my first leg 4-1 on his field. I had 63% possessions yet we both shot 21 shots and he got 12 on target against my 7. My GK made 8 saves, which means my defenders didn't block a single shot.

    Today, however, with the same team (111% vs 100%), I had 67% possession, 25 shots to his 8, 13 on target to his 4. He got a penalty and scored. End result: I won 7-1. :-/

    First time I got trolled on leg 1 and then trolled the other team on leg 2.
    Level 20

    18 x League Champion
    15 x Champions League Winner (4 x Runner Up)
    17 x Cup Winner (2 x Runner Up)
    13 x Super Cup Winner (1 x Runner Up)

    929 Wins/ 55 Draws / 40 Losses
    4367 Goals Scored / 509 Goals Conceded/ 267 Games Longest Unbeaten Streak

  3. #1093
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucian1986 View Post
    Max, first, I wanted to thank you for your wishes. It can be helpful to have support in the community to the randomness of the game. As a follow up on my game and to show the ridiculousness of the engine, I won my second leg.

    I lost my first leg 4-1 on his field. I had 63% possessions yet we both shot 21 shots and he got 12 on target against my 7. My GK made 8 saves, which means my defenders didn't block a single shot.

    Today, however, with the same team (111% vs 100%), I had 67% possession, 25 shots to his 8, 13 on target to his 4. He got a penalty and scored. End result: I won 7-1. :-/

    First time I got trolled on leg 1 and then trolled the other team on leg 2.
    Congrats. It happened to me several time in Cup or CL but never with a high score like yours. So, in long term, the game is more or less fair since everyone get troll. But I prefer a non-troll game engine. For now, when I defeat a strong opponent, I don't have a feeling that I did well, it just a good day.
    Last edited by Grandef; 09-03-2019 at 06:31 PM.

  4. #1094
    Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandef View Post
    Congrats. It happened to me several time in Cup or CL but never with a high score like yours. So, in long term, the game is more or less fair since everyone get troll. But I prefer a non-troll game engine. For now, when I defeat a strong opponent, I don't have a feeling that I did well, it just a good day.
    I couldn't agree with you more. Everyone gets trolled, but because it is random, it ruins all games because it could have just been a good day. Also, to go from 4-1 to 1-7 is somewhat ridiculous in my book.
    Level 20

    18 x League Champion
    15 x Champions League Winner (4 x Runner Up)
    17 x Cup Winner (2 x Runner Up)
    13 x Super Cup Winner (1 x Runner Up)

    929 Wins/ 55 Draws / 40 Losses
    4367 Goals Scored / 509 Goals Conceded/ 267 Games Longest Unbeaten Streak

  5. #1095
    Max
    Guest
    (Removed)
    Last edited by Max; 10-13-2020 at 10:06 PM.

  6. #1096
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucian1986 View Post
    I don't think it is intellectually dishonest to say Osasuna isn't 25% weaker than Barcelona when 3 of their players are aren't their star players and the team is overall in the process of being rebuilt. When you get into the top flight in Europe's major leagues, I don't think there are many teams that are a quarter weaker.
    And you say that based on what, here is some actual info to support this duscussion.

    Acording to the site Transfermarkt Barcelona's squad is woth about 1,15 Bilion € (the second after Real Madrid) and Ossasuna squad is woth 42,05 Milion € (the second less valuable) you can check this here https://www.transfermarkt.com/primer...wettbewerb/ES1

    Still think Barcelona isn't 25% stronger even without 3 players?

  7. #1097
    Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by NUNO FC View Post
    And you say that based on what, here is some actual info to support this duscussion.

    Acording to the site Transfermarkt Barcelona's squad is woth about 1,15 Bilion € (the second after Real Madrid) and Ossasuna squad is woth 42,05 Milion € (the second less valuable) you can check this here https://www.transfermarkt.com/primer...wettbewerb/ES1

    Still think Barcelona isn't 25% stronger even without 3 players?
    Although I didn't say that they were, only that it wasn't dishonest to say that they were, I still believe they are approximately 25% weaker. In your analysis, you comparing apples and oranges. The nominal value of a squad isn't equivalent to squad quality as the equivalency between both metrics is relative.

    1. You can buy a player for a lot of money and he can be a flop, so new squad members values aren't necessarily reflective of quality.

    2. Star players have hyper inflated values because more teams want them, thereby inflating the value of the player. This is a premium paid for the very best, even if the very best is only marginally better.

    3. Player value is, in part, based on quality and potential/years. Antoine Griezman (130 million) isn't almost three times better than Luis Suarez (50 million). Rather, Griezman is worth more in part because he is 28 and Suarez is 32. Therefore, the value of a player in a give season is very different from the actual value of the player overall.

    4. You only have 11 players on the field, which wouldn't account for the depth of Barcelona's team because some very expensive players aren't playing.

    5. If one assumed equivalencies between squad quality and value, then (A) you would be saying that Getafe is much weaker than Barcelona since the squad worth 151,20 million euros, yet Getafe finished 5th of the 2018-19 series and (B) you would have expected Madrid to win with a squad value of 1.19 billion euros, yet they finished 3 with 7pts ahead of Valencia, which has a squad value of less than half a million.

    6. Lower quality teams are more likely to use youngsters who have quality but aren't correctly valued and older players who are at the end of their careers and therefore have relatively low values.

    7. Newly promoted squads tend to have lower valuations because the players aren't necessarily well know, which naturally affects their value.

    My conclusion, which is merely an opinion, is based on football results and the differences you can see in clashes against truly weaker sides (i.e. in the first rounds of the Cup). A more apt comparison would be team races. Teams that are in the same division/semi-finals don't usually have times that are 25% more than the winner.
    Last edited by Lucian1986; 09-04-2019 at 05:04 PM.
    Level 20

    18 x League Champion
    15 x Champions League Winner (4 x Runner Up)
    17 x Cup Winner (2 x Runner Up)
    13 x Super Cup Winner (1 x Runner Up)

    929 Wins/ 55 Draws / 40 Losses
    4367 Goals Scored / 509 Goals Conceded/ 267 Games Longest Unbeaten Streak

  8. #1098
    Max
    Guest
    (Removed)
    Last edited by Max; 10-14-2020 at 11:12 AM.

  9. #1099
    Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by Max McClean View Post
    F 100% shot efficiency only a 2-1 win over s crap 60% percent team. And yet again, my rivals won by 5 or 6 goals.
    What is the context? Was this your game for the CUP?
    Level 20

    18 x League Champion
    15 x Champions League Winner (4 x Runner Up)
    17 x Cup Winner (2 x Runner Up)
    13 x Super Cup Winner (1 x Runner Up)

    929 Wins/ 55 Draws / 40 Losses
    4367 Goals Scored / 509 Goals Conceded/ 267 Games Longest Unbeaten Streak

  10. #1100
    Max
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucian1986 View Post
    What is the context? Was this your game for the CUP?
    Yes it was.
    Last edited by Max; 10-13-2020 at 10:07 PM.