• 5 Post By nikolgiorgos
  • 3 Post By KenoticFC
  • 1 Post By pcmacdaniel
  • 1 Post By Tactician

Thread: Expensive Young Players or Old Cheap Players

Expensive Young Players or Old Cheap Players

Hi everyone,

Just started recently to play Top11.

The big question in my head is this, shall I buy players 25-28 years old that are already pretty decent at an affordable price, or is it better to purchase young players 18-20yo, that are more expensive and weaker players, and then train them to be Good quality players.

My first instinct would be to go with the youngsters, but the price/quality relation seems really very bad.

Do you think that with the training they will become good players enough to make the investment worth while, or is it just better to go with seasoned players?

Thanks!

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    buy 3 young expensive players (fast trainers)
    one ML-AML, one MR-AMR and one (to make) DC-DMC-MC.
    Train them and keep them for 5-6 years.
    The rest, cheap players.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Well with the new transfer system it doesn't seem to be that much of a difference in token price between old and young players so try to go for the younger ones and only fight for the good older player if you don't see that many bidders.
    Consider signing early in the next season 18yo around 85% as they can grow faster and be better than a good old player in a matter of days, plus not a lot of people bid on them since they are focused on over 90% players.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KenoticFC View Post
    Well with the new transfer system it doesn't seem to be that much of a difference in token price between old and young players so try to go for the younger ones and only fight for the good older player if you don't see that many bidders.
    Consider signing early in the next season 18yo around 85% as they can grow faster and be better than a good old player in a matter of days, plus not a lot of people bid on them since they are focused on over 90% players.
    maybe but at the end you 'll finish with 110 K' - lol

https://forum.topeleven.com/top-elev...w-survive.html
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Famous
    The youth academy is a great place to acquire a young player. Negotiations if/once you reach level 4 as well is another method of acquiring players you need. The trick nowadays is to try and avoid bidding on the transfer market if possible.

But if you must go to auctions, lower quality players (like Kenotic mentioned) is the way to go, since its the cost effective approach.
    achiie likes this.
    Level 40 Manager

There are no 'Old Cheap Players' as such these days with the new auction transfer market; even the relatively old ones have been sold at high prices in terms of tokens.
    roguelover likes this.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

Quote Originally Posted by pcmacdaniel View Post
    The youth academy is a great place to acquire a young player. Negotiations if/once you reach level 4 as well is another method of acquiring players you need. The trick nowadays is to try and avoid bidding on the transfer market if possible.
    That's exactly my approach

Rookie
    correct me if I'm wrong, but that puts the price bar for a new top player to 10-15 tokens. Indeed before it was relatively easy to get them for 1 token.

how I see it:

- player 99% on the auction market, sky-is-the-limit tokens
    - player 99% in negotiations: about 12-15 tokens
    - player 85-90% on the auction market, hope for 1 to 5 tokens
    - player 70-80% from the academy: 10-14 tokens