Page 172 of 203 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 2024
Like Tree957Likes

Thread: Season 39

Balkan Boyz - Matchday 24 (Sz.4 - lvl4)

HEADLINE: Balkan Boyz after-match press conference

Balkan Boyz with manager –Ljepoje- at the helm held a post-match news conference at "Balkan Boyz Stadium" after they draw against Orchard Utd (3-4 on aggregate) in the T11 Cup Semi-finals this afternoon.

Q: First of all, we want to congratulate you for the 3rd place and the fact that the Club will receive it´s first CUP trophy - the 3rd place trophy! And how does it feel to know that of 128 teams that participated in the tournament, Balkan Boyz was one of the 4 teams that was honoured to play the semi-finals?

LJ: Well?! first, thank you for the kind words and the compliment. Second, this is probably the biggest "sucess story" and the fact that we managed to progress to the semi-finals tells that we are probably better then we thought from the start. You know, nobody could prophesy or predict that we would reach this far, including myself. As I mentioned earlier, we thought that we would reach the final-eight and that would be the end, but it didn´t. I think we should be proud of ourselves, of the things we accomplished and the fact that we showed our opposition that we aren´t just a "club" among them all, we are far better then "them", and this is a fact.

I mean, behind all of this lays hard work and responsibility, and the fact that we invested and got something in return is a proof of that. If you all look at the teams that managed to progress to the final-eight or the quarter-finals, they were all "investment" teams and some of them invested far more then us, but didn´t manage to pull it of or reach further in the CUP tournament.

Q: We all witnessed two teams, eager to win in the 2nd leg. And of course, an another side of the Balkan Boyz´s in the 2nd leg compared to the 1th leg. A Balkan Boyz that started the game "without fear or favour" against a Orchard Utd that seemed to defend their earlier 3 - 4 win in the 1th leg. How do you comment on that and what was your thoughts before the kickoff?

LJ: Yes, as you said we saw two "different" teams in the 2nd leg then in the 1th leg. This was probably because of the fact that we needed a "win" and they needed a draw or at least a +1 goal win you know. Also the fact that they had the pressure on their shoulders didn´t make it easier, even if they played at their own home turf. They began the 1th half with a quite defensive 4-5-1V formation against our quite offensive 4-2N-2W-2 formation, and then in the 2nd half they "copy and pasted" our formation since their manager realized that we created far more chances and had more possesion. But the game itself was quite equal and the chances to score was 50% vs 50%, which means that both teams could have score a goal, but at the same time conceive one. This happend in the 1th leg as well, they scored one and concieved one and so on. Also their GK, Pepe Reina was outstanding tonight and was declared as the "man-of-the-match" which tells us that we were far better and created far more opportunities. I mean, if it wasn´t for Reina´s saves, we could have been the ones that qualified to the finals and not them.

Q: One last question, how will you prepare yourselfs for next season and what are our final thought about the CUP final game between Dynamo SWAG vs Orchard Utd?

LJ: Well, we haven't decided yet how or in which ways we could improve the team or ourselfs since we are quite "good" at this stage. But I know that we will do our best in order to be "above and beyond" in comparison to the others, as we are this season. Of course we will try to reinforce our midfield and probably be in search for a new left back, but let's see and wait how it ends in the League and the Champions league. If we don´t reach the CL finals or end 2nd in the league then it is quite pointless to make improvements or invest in something since you could do "good" without any investments as the other 4 or 5* teams. Also, we have aborted the "Power training camp" for now since we got to many injuries the 1th day, but will probably resume at the end of the season.

When it comes to the final game between Dynamo SWAG vs Orchard Utd, it´s quite hard to predict any final result since both teams are good, despite the Q-advantage that Dynamo SWAG possess. It will be a good and tough game for both teams and I wish them both good luck, even if we're crossing our fingers and hoping that Dynamo SWAG will end and stand as CUP winners.

Over&Out!
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    ODDS: DYNAMO SWAG 2/7, Draw 3/1, Orchard Utd 10/1
    To lift Trophy: DYNAMO SWAG 1/8 Orchard Utd 11/2

To be honest I can't see Orchard turning over DYNAMO SWAG... But you never know in this game.
    Yeah, I hope so. I mean take a look at his team in comparison to Orchard Utd
    I think it will be a good&tough game, despite their Q-advantage. I will try to schedule a game between Balkan Boyz vs Dynamo SWAG on Saturday and see for myself how "good" he really is......

PROUD MANAGER OF...

Rookie
    Inching closer to that final day of the season. . .

iLandslaget today took a huge step towards claiming that greatly coveted Cup-trophy by seeing off German team Dsc Patrick in the return tie with the Germans playing host to the game. iLandslaget had a 6-1 aggregate lead from the home game but this time was sure to be more demanding with a capacity crowd of 21,000 fans cheering them on.
    Both managers showed great spirit and tactical acuteness to lead the team from the sidelines, even though iLandslaget lined up in a very unconventional 4-5-1 V-style and you could tell it had unsettled the team in the first half hour or so with Dsc Patrick piling on the pressure.
    The Swedish manager made quick a quick change in the 26th minute when Gary Clancy replaced Yann Mawene and the team reverted back to the tried and tested 4-1-2-1-2 narrow diamond and focused passing down the middle to take advantage of the Germans' low numbers in the centre of the pitch. The change had an almost immediate effect as Gary Clancy converted a fantastic through ball by Gerailton de Souza Rodrigues to give iLandslaget the lead.

Although Dsc Patrick saw much of the ball they struggled to turn their possession into any really dangerous chances, and when they did the iLandslaget defense stood firm to weather the assault.
    Two more changes were made by the Swedes as the clock wound down and in the 58th minute Gamarra replaced Gerailton, a like-for-like substitution to rest the Brazilian for the hectic final days of the season.
    In the 78th minute the cautioned Sogaard was replaced by Jorgensen and the Swedish team now had two sitting midfielders to cover.

All in all, a great team performance which saw the team pass into the Final where they will play Greek team thermia who beat king of saxo on a 3-2 aggregate to reach the Cup Final.
    Ljepoje and July Fourth like this.

A better pic

PROUD MANAGER OF...

Quote Originally Posted by Raykco View Post
    I bought the scout player yesterday, knowing that he was only 6 sp away from becoming 7*. When next season starts, he will be guaranteed to start as a scout. If I wait until the new season, I have to take a chance whether there will be any 5* players in the auction, that are nearing scout level, and even then, I will probably end up in a bidding war. At least this way, I've got the player I needed without all the hassle, and ready for day 1.

I know that my scout list will indeed have better players, but I still have enough tokens to get two more players, if needed.
    I was thinking the same, you know. Think if I don´t get any 22yr old scouts as I did this season, what if this was one-time-opportunity?

Anyway, I started to PT 6 of my 9 scouts yesterday and *bamm* got 4 injuries just this afternoon. This mean that I´m forced to "postpone" this until sunday/monday after they lose a *. Hopefully they will train faster as well otherwise ...
    Raykco likes this.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...

Dreamer
    just got him from my youth academy, what your suggestion...?? take it or leave it...?? 24T needed but i have only 9T left

If someone can send me this emblem? who can let me know in a direct message. Thank you very much in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Unonk View Post
    just got him from my youth academy, what your suggestion...?? take it or leave it...?? 24T needed but i have only 9T left

Release player. Next season starts Sunday right?
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Unonk View Post

release it.
    36 sps away off 50 Q. If he'll get 3 sps per day, he'll need 12 days to reach 50 Q.
    He will be *3 or *4 player every next season unless u PT him.
    Last edited by jey2208; 05-01-2013 at 08:21 AM.

And here it is ...

The T11 CUP - Balkan Boyz win their first CUP trophy

Balkan Boyz aka Teški Jebači FanClub fans celebrate late into the night after their team won the their 1th CUP trophy as the team ended as 3rd after being eliminated by Orchard Utd (AGG:4-3) in the semi-finals at the Balkan Boyz stadium on Tuesday.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...