Page 182 of 203 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 2024
Like Tree957Likes

Thread: Season 39

Apprentice
    I won todays league game 2-1, but at a cost: my dmc got his 2nd yellow and cant play next league game, and my 34 year old reserve MC got injured for 5 days, which basically means retirement 2 days early (could as well be a fatality). Since my 4th MC is also injured, I hope my main MCs stay healthy for the remaining two games until I can get a new MC next season. Since the last 2 league games are against comparably weak teams, I should manage somehow. A loss or draw would probably cost me my league trophy since im just ahead by 1 point. No catastrophe, but I havent got a league win yet.

Tomorrow in CL final im up against a full 6 star team (including bench; mine is 4 stars, 5 stars in top11) so I expect getting crushed. But a win is just a trophy and 200k, not really that much.

Injury count: 20

Btw, when should I kick all my "friends" at the same level? Im not really interested in a league full of active teams...
    Bermuda Triangle, started 26.2.2013
    standings/trophies (9 seasons, 7 promotions):
    League winner: 4
    Champions league winner: 2
    Cup winner: 2

Rookie
    Fantastic scenes of joyous celebrations between fans and the squad of iLandslaget, all under the watchful sombre eyes of the manager of course, as the team all but secured their 2nd consecutive League Title with a routine 6-0 home win over Kato FC. The win saw the team, at the very least, maintain their 6 point lead over closest rivals thai-team FC who have pulled off a noteworthy achievement of their own keeping the pressure on the Swedish team for the full season. In the most pessimistic of scenarios where iLandslaget lose both their last two games and thai-team FC win both of theirs, there's still a +44-goal cushion to rely on for the Swedes.

While having the League Title all but secured in the 24th round of the season may have been enough cause for celebration, the raucous scenes had more to do with the thrilling end to iLandslaget's unexpected, and herculean, run in the Cup. On the other side stood thermia, a greek team of some renown and, with an on paper stronger squad than any the manager of iLandslaget could field.

The manager had done his part however, reading up on the Greeks tactics and formations, and iLandslaget reverted to an old tried-and-tested line-up of 3-2-2-1-2 with wingbacks shielding the defense from thermia's marauding wingers.

The game started in catastrophic fashion however as the Greeks took an early 2-goal lead, scoring twice through Deschamps and legendary striker Mukendi in the first 10 minutes of the game. iLandslaget struggled on however, methodic in their play and effort to break down a sturdy defense. In the 17th minute Liljehook struck one back for the Swedes breathing some much needed optimism back into the team.
    A late tackle from Deschamps saw him seeing a slice of the cheddar but the following free kick came to nothing. It wasn't to be until the 43rd minute when Bouzgarruo dribbled through a tight defense and, instead of finishing himself, set up Gerailton perfectly to finish into an open goal. The Swedes had a slight advantage in possession and created the more chances but the Greeks were dangerous on the counter and dominated the corner statistics.

In the 52nd minute iLandslaget made several much needed substitutions to be able to keep up with an energetic opponent, Gamarra replaced Gerailton, Mawene replaced Hall Tennmark and Calle replaced Rodriguez. The teams traded blows back and forth with several serious threats toward the iLandslaget goals thwarted in the last second by a stolid defense.
    In the 56th minute a surge from defender Karademitros exploited a vital mistake to counter and reaching the edge of the box he set fellow defender dos Santos up perfectly, who converted the lay-up to put iLandslaget in front for the first time in the game.

Concerted pressure from thermia ended the game, but the closest they came was a vicious shot by Mukendi that hit the post in the 83rd minute. As things stood, iLandslaget managed to see the game out nervously, and with the final whistle iLandslaget fans flooded the pitch to celebrate with their heroes.
    Last edited by PeterMeter; 05-02-2013 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird Hewitt View Post
    Q41.8???

I'm Q3 below you and a level higher you nutcase.
    Considering that i got 340 sps to assign, and that i went out of cup's quarter final with the 4 last teams having 44, 46, 51 and 49 Q, i m an average nutcase!

I'm still unbeaten in 43 league games.

Today win :

Amazing cup final between Alex FC (Q 51,8) and Kaiserslauten (Q 47,8)!

Alex FC goes up at minute one with a thundering incursion by its 8* striker, taking the lead. For a good 30 mins Kaiser's coach doesnt seem to know/realize rhat having a 3 wide defense against 2 STs aint a good idea. But still he manages to tie at minute 20 by a shoot from his 9* MC. Alex FC keeps pushing and finds the 2-1 before the end of the half, just when Kaiser reorganizin into a 4-2-2-2 was taking the upper hand. The second half starts with Kaiser pushing more but Alex FC scores again on a counter! At this point when hope is gone KAISER manages half a miracle coming back on 3-2 with a free kick under the bar. Alex seems to be sble to stand the assault but at minute 86 a combination between Kaiser's STs brings the tie on! 3-3 and just when you are preparing for the extra times, Alex's FC DC overkills Kai's ST inside the area, getting a red card and a PK at minute 90!!! kai's striker strikes it in and the triple whistle arrives right after!

We are happy of rhe victor, since he is a "normal" power trainer which has few youngs in the team, while on the other side ALEX FC achieved his high Q by an almost all scout team and personal trainer. For the second straight year Kaiser wins the cup and Alex has both his Personsl trained team killed by in the way. We could have been there without the server crash but oh well

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan O'Bree View Post
    Amazing cup final between Alex FC (Q 51,8) and Kaiserslauten (Q 47,8)!

Alex FC goes up at minute one with a thundering incursion by its 8* striker, taking the lead. For a good 30 mins Kaiser's coach doesnt seem to know/realize rhat having a 3 wide defense against 2 STs aint a good idea. But still he manages to tie at minute 20 by a shoot from his 9* MC. Alex FC keeps pushing and finds the 2-1 before the end of the half, just when Kaiser reorganizin into a 4-2-2-2 was taking the upper hand. The second half starts with Kaiser pushing more but Alex FC scores again on a counter! At this point when hope is gone KAISER manages half a miracle coming back on 3-2 with a free kick under the bar. Alex seems to be sble to stand the assault but at minute 86 a combination between Kaiser's STs brings the tie on! 3-3 and just when you are preparing for the extra times, Alex's FC DC overkills Kai's ST inside the area, getting a red card and a PK at minute 90!!! kai's striker strikes it in and the triple whistle arrives right after!

We are happy of rhe victor, since he is a "normal" power trainer which has few youngs in the team, while on the other side ALEX FC achieved his high Q by an almost all scout team and personal trainer. For the second straight year Kaiser wins the cup and Alex has both his Personsl trained team killed by in the way. We could have been there without the server crash but oh well

51.8 Quality @ L3!!! Thats err.... 9*
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    51.8 Quality @ L3!!! Thats err.... 9*
    It s lv 4 o.0 i am lv 4!

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan O'Bree View Post
    It s lv 4 o.0 i am lv 4!
    No... Alex FC is L3.

And Dynamo SWAG did it!

It was a good game, both teams played hard and had a couple of great opportunities to extend their lead (especially D.S). Anyway, D.S managed to pick the longest straw and won their 2nd CUP trophy. CONGRATZ!

July Fourth and Raykco like this.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

Quote Originally Posted by Ljepoje View Post
    And Dynamo SWAG did it!

It was a good game, both teams played hard and had a couple of great opportunities to extend their lead (especially D.S). Anyway, D.S managed to pick the longest straw and won their 2nd CUP trophy. CONGRATZ!
    Well I guess I was right about Dynamo SWAG winning it, but I didn't think Orchard Utd would make it as close as they did.
    Raykco likes this.