Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Cheat is still here?

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by k1tb View Post
    It can be also 2000%, but the engine still takes it like it is 340%.
    Can you guarantee that?
    i am not sure

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by smk fc View Post
    So if I am from UK, the way it set up my team doesn't matter I will naturally play a certain way which will be different to if I was from Turkey? Are you sure?
    If you are right, then why can I look at opposition and plan depending on what nation he is?
    With the cultural theory, its about playing probabilities.

If you're from the UK, it doesn't mean your tactics will be the same as every other manager from the UK. It just means that there is a most common playstyle. Tactics ultimately are the choice of the manager. And the more skilled the manager, the less likely they are to have their tactics conform to what the dominant cultural system is.

Unskilled managers (or skilled but inactive managers) have a large role in defining this most common playstyle. They don't really understand what does what tactically, but change things around to find what works best. So ultimately, their is a high probability that they'll end up using the tactic that is the most common on their server, or that tactic which counters the most common system. But they don't understand why these tactics are working. So in some cases, some tactics that matchup well against an association opponent, have a poor success rate on some servers, so managers aren't confident in using them when it's the best option for a specific opponent.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 11-18-2017 at 06:13 PM.
    Niddhoeggr likes this.
    Level 40 Manager

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ioannis Boulakas View Post
    Can you guarantee that?
    i am not sure
    I played and won a mutant team (after loosing the 1st asso game).

It's all about the footballing culture of the region that manager of the team is from. Basically, lets say 90% of managers from Turkey playing an attacking playstyle, if I setup with a counter-attacking system, I have a 90% chance of having my tactics correct, at least at the start of the match
    hmm, interesting theory.
    I 'm from Greece and playing def/counters , like our team that won EURO 2004
    Maybe I 'll add it in Mythbustes - lol
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 11-18-2017 at 08:08 PM.
    pcmacdaniel and Toxcatl like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by pcmacdaniel View Post
    Nik, the association engine is actually the same engine that is used for league, champions league and cup matches.

What's happening is that their is a cultural component to tactics. Basically, some nations, especially those with a rich footballing history have a cultural signature to their play style, whether it be a counter attacking style, tiki-taka, all-out attack, etc... Since several servers are heavy with one or two nations making up the vast majority of the managers, managers tactics and they way the game is learned is being defined by what the dominant playstyle(s) of that server are. So the tactics that work best on one server, won't necessarily experience as much success on a different server. What's happening with association is that the servers are being merged together, so managers on server 17 and playing against managers on servers other than server 17.

Here is my performance in my current association

Attachment 90790

27 total bonuses given so far; haven't missed bonus. 27*6 = 162 maximum points. I've earned 147 total, for 147/162 overall. An overall record of 48-3-3 since I joined this association. I don't believe that pace to be sustainable, but over my last 54 non association matches, I have the same exact record of 48-3-3.

Basically, association, league, cup, CL/SL all are the same game engine, but footballing culture defines tactics, so managers on different servers are learning the game differently, due to different styles of play.
    Are you in platinium? What division have you played mostly in?
    Easy as pi

Seasons:13
    Leagues: 8
    CLs: 5
    Cups:5
    Trebles: 2

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunzo View Post
    Personally I´d like to see Baldy Dave team
    But its Liverpool so it will be Sh???
    This post will be moved ... lol
    Who is Baldy Dave, and how does he relate to this?
    Also, if the post will be moved why post it???
    Niddhoeggr likes this.
    Easy as pi

Seasons:13
    Leagues: 8
    CLs: 5
    Cups:5
    Trebles: 2

Famous
    Nik, the association engine is actually the same engine that is used for league, champions league and cup matches.

What's happening is that their is a cultural component to tactics. Basically, some nations, especially those with a rich footballing history have a cultural signature to their play style, whether it be a counter attacking style, tiki-taka, all-out attack, etc... Since several servers are heavy with one or two nations making up the vast majority of the managers, managers tactics and they way the game is learned is being defined by what the dominant playstyle(s) of that server are. So the tactics that work best on one server, won't necessarily experience as much success on a different server. What's happening with association is that the servers are being merged together, so managers on server 17 and playing against managers on servers other than server 17.

Here is my performance in my current association

Attachment 90790

27 total bonuses given so far; haven't missed bonus. 27*6 = 162 maximum points. I've earned 147 total, for 147/162 overall. An overall record of 48-3-3 since I joined this association. I don't believe that pace to be sustainable, but over my last 54 non association matches, I have the same exact record of 48-3-3.

Basically, association, league, cup, CL/SL all are the same game engine, but footballing culture defines tactics, so managers on different servers are learning the game differently, due to different styles of play.
    Lol hilarious. You really believe nordeus are capable of developing a culture based engine. Is it April the 1st?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Kaizer Franz likes this.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by smk fc View Post
    Are you in platinium? What division have you played mostly in?
    currently in platinum. Association history for last 7 seasons (including this one) below.

Gold 1 (Great Tactican) overall record 10-2-4
    Platinum (Great Tactican) overall record 11-3-2
    Platinum (Great Tactican); switched associations Gold 1 (Party Trix) overall record 2-2-0 (platinum) 4-0-0 (gold 1)
    Gold 1 (Party Trix) overall record 15-0-1
    Gold 1 (Party Trix) overall record 14-1-1
    Platinum (Party Trix) overall record 13-2-1
    Platinum (Party Trix - this season) overall record 2-0-0
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 11-18-2017 at 06:44 PM.
    Alessio Fitch likes this.
    Level 40 Manager

Very interesting view! Thanks for this. Will think about it.

(We/someone should make a study regarding this. Even if it is only a plain questionnaire and the whole thing based on descriptive statistics^^ Oh man, that sounds interesting. Sociology is not my expertise but great that you thought about that!)

Quote Originally Posted by rogerniceguy View Post
    Lol hilarious. You really believe nordeus are capable of developing a culture based engine. Is it April the 1st?

You don't understand what pcmacdaniel was saying. Nordeus gives us the engine and the tools to work within it, but different cultures have different approaches and thoughts about "what is the best way in terms of tactics to play a football game". And that's it. If a player is in league 20 and only had other managers from his region/are/continent he might adapt to their beliefs regarding tactics (to be competitive in the end) and this might reflect his tactics in the association games which are played on an international stage. It may be overly generalizing to assume that one culture or geographically tight group does only play let's say "attacking with offside trap" but on the average it might be true. Therefore a survey would be great but really not important for the game at all. I only find pcmacdaniels view very interesting and there could be some truth in it.
    nikolgiorgos and pcmacdaniel like this.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Niddhoeggr View Post
    You don't understand what pcmacdaniel was saying. Nordeus gives us the engine and the tools to work within it, but different cultures have different approaches and thoughts about "what is the best way in terms of tactics to play a football game". And that's it. If a player is in league 20 and only had other managers from his region/are/continent he might adapt to their beliefs regarding tactics (to be competitive in the end) and this might reflect his tactics in the association games which are played on an international stage. It may be overly generalizing to assume that one culture or geographically tight group does only play let's say "attacking with offside trap" but on the average it might be true. Therefore a survey would be great but really not important for the game at all. I only find pcmacdaniels view very interesting and there could be some truth in it.
    Ok fair enough. Associations share tactics I get it. Some people may play a style that suits their personal believes on how football should be played and be rigid in their thinking. However it's a computer game and people want to win. So generally in my experience people will choose whatever other people find works irrespective of how they feel football should be played. TE feels like rock paper scissors and everyone is looking for the magic formula.

madflo19 and Niddhoeggr like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast