Like Tree13Likes
  • 10 Post By dave1311
  • 1 Post By dave1311
  • 1 Post By Jean.Monico
  • 1 Post By El Pistolero

Thread: Satisfaction

Satisfaction

That satisfaction of waking up in the morning when your closest rival in the League every season who had rearranged your League game to 1am when I would be asleep and finding that I beat him 4-5.
    Serves him right!
    I wanted to share as it irritates me when people do that but fair enough, it’s his right as the Home team and totally fair however he didn’t benefit this time. In fact I wonder if moving the game can be detrimental to your own chances. I’m thinking that the game mechanics might screw with you.
    Last edited by dave1311; 01-12-2018 at 12:49 PM.
    ROMANBY VILLAGE FC (founded December 24th 2013)
    Level 121
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Top Eleven Forum Moderator

looks at opponents location/ googles opponents timezone/ sets match to 4am UK time. LOL

Satisfaction

Quote Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
    looks at opponents location/ googles opponents timezone/ sets match to 4am UK time. LOL
    I actually don’t know where this opponent is. I suspect either Spain (his game profile says Seville) or more likely USA (his FB profile says Philadelphia) because most of his games are around 10pm GMT. Yet, I’ve seen him attend games at all hours so I think he never sleeps! His location on profile is no real clue.
    Last edited by dave1311; 01-12-2018 at 02:38 PM.
    El Pistolero likes this.
    Level 121
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

I actually do some sort of it in Association matches. I set our matches to be played at 11pm (BR time GMT-2:00). So if european opponents wanna watch it, they gotta be up til late hehe.
    dave1311 likes this.
    --
    I am playing against the randomness. And the randomness is winning by far.

I always defended that these 2 tokens to move the schedule are maybe one of the best investments.
    So I'll not hide that I use it for my own benefits, like save greens resting, or playing at 1am, 2am or 4am (europs of 9-10pm in case of Indo's oppos so they sleep). And yeah, I can do a big list with CL and Cup rounds that the oppos waked up at 2, 3, 4 am local time in their countries ... and curiously the 90% of times I've won xD
    For me is pure strategy, knowing more or less how the engine works but, it's the same, as no manager means stable simulation so, this can go against one or in his benefit. You're in the same point, as when one use counter or don't, the game always will choose a scenario in your favour or against in both cases, so....

Quote Originally Posted by dave1311 View Post
    In fact I wonder if moving the game can be detrimental to your own chances. I’m thinking that the game mechanics might screw with you.
    Looking for a fairies in the garden? Some things are just random, you simply got lucky.
    It wasn't our day.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxcatl View Post
    Looking for a fairies in the garden? Some things are just random, you simply got lucky.
    Maybe so but I’ll take it.
    No fairies in my garden.
    Level 121
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Quote Originally Posted by dave1311 View Post
    I actually don’t know where this opponent is. I suspect either Spain (his game profile says Seville) or more likely USA (his FB profile says Philadelphia) because most of his games are around 10pm GMT. Yet, I’ve seen him attend games at all hours so I think he never sleeps! His location on profile is no real clue.
    He seems to be a top eleven fanatic. Near the end of the season I'll support my league rivals opponent but that's as far as I'll go lol