Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: New to the game...what is the deal with the transfer market???

New to the game...what is the deal with the transfer market???

Okay, I have played manager sims in the past and I understand bidding for players and such, I have also looked at a few of the tutorials for Top Eleven 2017, buying players, best way tog get players etc etc etc...

All those tutorials show people grabbing decent players, 5*+ ages 24-25 etc for like 2-3 tokens. I watch the market and I see people dropping 60+ tokens on a 29 year old DR who is only 95%. I get there are stupid people, but how are you suppose to build up a team early when people are just driving up prices in the transfer market all willy nilly? I know people will say do it at night. Who's night? It always daytime somewhere in the world! So is this just what the game is early on? A gambling fest to be lucky to buy players on the cheap that others aren't wildly driving up the token prices on?

Buy fast trainers (young players 18years old) with 80-85% star quality
    you can buy them with 1T to 10T and then train them till the 6th star.
    Take a look at this excellent guide.

https://forum.topeleven.com/tutorial...ainers-18.html

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    no, don't agree with that case.
    (I have some teams in LV1 and know how crazy it's the market there).

Ok @Vega78, few tips
    There are two markets
    One is for LV1 and some times LV2 managers.
    Those are the noobs (like you - lol).
    They have the first 80 tokens for free and don't mind to spend 20 of them for a crap player.
    Also they don't know yet that when they promote to next lv, their players gonna loose one star.
    (every time when you promote - unless you stay in the same lv - finishing 10-14 positions).

The young fast trainers cost a lot for LV1, about 3 M' so you don't have the money for them unless you exchange some buying tokens for money.
    What you must do, is to buy whatever cheap early 5* with 1-2 positions and without special ability because they attract many bidders.
    Build a descent low 5* team and try to promote to next lv in positions 1-4 so to play in CH.L. next season and get some extra good money.
    If you see that you cannot make it, stay at position 10 and repeat the season.
    Meanwhile, build the training ground so to have your first academy players (after 28 days).
    Sign both, the tokens player (because you don't give money for him) and the 0 T too.
    Also the recommended players are free of money so think about it.
    Next season, with some extra money you can get 2-3 ft as Rizla said above and train them hard with the greens you can farm from daily vids.
    LV3 - LV4, repeat that so you 'll have 8-9 young fast trainers with high quality.

Then the real game starts
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 01-25-2018 at 07:50 PM.
    Toxcatl and HairDryer like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Kto
    Keep also in mind, that the draw in league and cups depends on your average quality (best 14). So to say, if you buy 99% players only, or 40% only, you will have similar success in the following season as you will have opponent of your Q.

I appreciate all the replies! The training portion is confusing me a bit, so I am going to have to look into what people do to train up these FT young people once you get them. I seen a video about using your reserves to train to keep your bonus up, is that still relevant?

I also did not know that my players lose a star when i promote....that could be scary as I bought a few older players thinking they were cheap, trying to save $ but in retrospect i probably should have been more a bit more frugal (both my ST are 30).

New to the game...what is the deal with the transfer market???-vega_team.jpg This is my team as of now. I try to train in groups, like Defenders, Midfield, Forwards, GK. I just never know how far to push them in condition, how many people i should have in a session, better to focus on just a few...ugh, I guess this thread just turned more into what do you do after you get a team then wondering why people spend crazy money on the market (I just seen a guy spend 65 tokens on a 32yo DC who was only 91%......) Any other good guides or videos I can read up on to figure out what to focus on in the early levels?

Famous
    There's loads of info and tips here in the forum, but it can be a nightmare to find what you're looking for. So if anyone replies with a link follow it up.
    Don't panic for the first few seasons. A managed 4 star team will win you things.
    My 2nd team is at level 7 this season, won 5 leagues, 5 cups and a champions league, but, and here's the thing, it has over 1000 rest packs banked through watching videos and 500 tokens through finding a gold 1 association and not buying expensive players.
    Take both academy players. The free one as cannon fodder in training and the token one pumped with greens to 5 stars will be cheaper than buying a player like him at auction. Selling the 0 token players is always good for a cash boost as well.
    Don't watch videos to farm anything other than rest packs. Treatments, morale and money will find their way to fill your resources.
    Find tutorials or guides here in the forum on how to train to get teamwork bonuses to 10% and keep them there. (Sorry I don't know where they are.)
    If you're looking for an association check out New Team 2017. Gold 1 and we have 1 free spot. Spanish predominant language, but I'm in there as well.
    Good luck.
    Vega78 likes this.

Buying star players cost lots of money and time. It won’t guarantee trophies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    I made a new summary in my guide so you can take a look here #579
    https://forum.topeleven.com/tutorial...ainers-58.html

here there are some good guides (the sticky threads)
    https://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials-guides/

* LV1 market has no sense, go away from there - lol
    Vega78 and iptables like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    I made a new summary in my guide so you can take a look here #579
    https://forum.topeleven.com/tutorial...ainers-58.html

here there are some good guides (the sticky threads)
    https://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials-guides/

* LV1 market has no sense, go away from there - lol
    You are the best!!! thanks for this

Nikos, include here lvl 2 and 3 markets too )

Here is my Buffon, bought 2 days ago for the "Enourmous" 1 token )

Attachment 115494

I've added only the SA, nothing else so far, saving rests )
    Last edited by iptables; 01-10-2019 at 12:06 PM.
    !!! And From The Ashes He Was Reborn !!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast