Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Stop illegal formation crippled tanking.

Famous
    I would play our legendary hungarian "The earliest form of Total Football" tactic (from 50's) but i feel the system would punish me

like this: click it
    HairDryer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HairDryer View Post
    @khris dont you think its a beautiful piece of art.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk
    This remind me about a art thread that I wanted to open

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    I like your idea @ HairDryer
    As a matter of fact, also was thinking to post smthing like this, little more specific.
    For example this with minimum players in zones but not be able to use players in red positions, only normal or with yellow triangle.
    (except a DC instead of GK)
    HairDryer likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    I like your idea @ HairDryer
    As a matter of fact, also was thinking to post smthing like this, little more specific.
    For example this with minimum players in zones but not be able to use players in red positions, only normal or with yellow triangle.
    (except a DC instead of GK)
    Nik it just dont make sense to put player out off position. If you can only fill player within zone it make more sense. Whats your idea that you want have?

Quote Originally Posted by sasha m View Post
    I no ☺
    discussing your suggestions, alright,
    it seems bit rigid, too limiting. johns review allows for more, but still not there. and your intention, one you declared in title, to stop tanking, is probably way easier to achieve using other methods.
    Oh please stop! You still new to this game. I am controlling myself.

Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    This remind me about a art thread that I wanted to open
    Wahahaha! I always give you an idea

i think preventing locate the player out of position wouldn't solve tanking issue, because people still can loose the match easily by using all below 3* player with 4-4-2 formation. by the way playing out of position is actually not an illegal and still acceptable in football. the only way to prevent tanking is stop giving so much token prize in asso match but giving token on league based on ranking. this is better

Quote Originally Posted by adifairus View Post
    i think preventing locate the player out of position wouldn't solve tanking issue, because people still can loose the match easily by using all below 3* player with 4-4-2 formation. by the way playing out of position is actually not an illegal and still acceptable in football. the only way to prevent tanking is stop giving so much token prize in asso match but giving token on league based on ranking. this is better
    Thanks for your feedback adi. It wouldnt solve tanking problem tanking is been going on long before we have Asso Fa. Only it getting worse with Asso introduction. Illegal formation is allowed in football yes agree. In this game illegal is just silly if you know what i mean. The 1-3* player is the problem only way to smaller the group. It wont stop only to restrict.

Quote Originally Posted by adifairus View Post
    If you carefully read what I posted earlier I covered the lower value problem , if you cant buy a player or keep a player that falls below a certain level then you cant use him so that avenue for tanking is closed.I also talked about not being able to play out of position which would make everyone unable to do that as well. It would also affect your bench somewhat.
    With the multi position trained players they could play in any of the positions they are trained for but if you had limits on players in certain positions similar to the ones I suggested earlier then you would be forced to play them in correct positions for their training eg a player trained to play DL , DC , DR could play in any of those positions as long as playing there doesnt exceed the maximum allowable.

Look you cant stop the tankers , those that will do it will do it no matter what you do. All that can be done is to limit the ability to do so and limit the rewards for doing it. There is no one thing that will solve this issue , it is a multi faceted concept that needs a multi faceted , multi level solution just to limit it. Similar to some countries war on drugs , its an unwinnable war but still it can be curbed and so the war goes on.

Personally I think tanking is for weak minded people who look at something and say to themselves thats too hard so I am not going to try. My guess is these same people do the exact same thing in real life. Its not in my nature as a person to give in , everything I do I do to win. Really I cant stand losing , hate it above nearly anything else ( doesnt mean I am a bad loser , I just dont like it) and so just cant imagine the mindset of a person who likes to tank as its just a waste of time in my mind.

I do see your point about rewards for Asso matches adifairus and maybe reducing them and raising the rewards for Leagues competition is also a good idea but my guess is if you took the rewards away from Asso then it would pretty much die as a competition.
    HairDryer likes this.

Well said John. You explained better and clearer the meaning of this thread. Thank you.

John Grant likes this.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast