Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Why is “speed” a gray skill for DC players?

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker85 View Post
    If your happy to have players with seriously warped stats after a few seasons, that’s up to you, but I like my players to have high, balanced stats.
    It is either high or balanced, not both at the same time. Highly-specialized players versus all-arounders. And since a player can't play two positions at the same time, it is better to train him to do one job really good.
    Last edited by Toxcatl; 04-02-2018 at 09:44 PM.
    It wasn't our day.

This is the back 4( + 1 sub teen player) i used for like 2 seasons and they are offside machines ( i can do offside like 3 or 4 times every match ), from my experience i can say 100 % Positioning matters for offside( and great GK Communication ) but speed is also useful if the oppo break the offside ( you will note this against defensive formations ), even if they break your trap your defenders will chase his players and recover the ball ( i think you already see that behaviour during simulations )

Why is “speed” a gray skill for DC players?-screenshot-660-.jpg
    Why is “speed” a gray skill for DC players?-screenshot-661-.jpg
    Why is “speed” a gray skill for DC players?-screenshot-662-.jpg
    Why is “speed” a gray skill for DC players?-screenshot-663-.jpg
    Why is “speed” a gray skill for DC players?-screenshot-664-.jpg

The first one is a sweeper , the man that guide the defence
    Last edited by IImaestroII; 04-02-2018 at 09:47 PM.

Famous
    @Seeker85. Something that may change your mind on having balanced stats.
    Have a look at the current associations number 1. Sparta XXX Alliance. Have a look at individual players within the teams. White skills maxed out. Grey skills at 1%.
    They seem to be proving that an imbalance to player skills is very, very important.
    Ok. How they get those skills to those players is another matter, but they are where they are with the teams and players they have. And to me that says max out the White skills, and the fewer white skills a player has, the easier and quicker it is to train him to the 340% max.
    Just a thought.

Pro
    If your happy to have players with seriously warped stats after a few seasons, that’s up to you, but I like my players to have high, balanced stats. It makes for ‘total football’ in essence when your players have as many high attributes as they are capable of.
    I doubt you will still feel this way when you get thrashed by a mutant team with severely warped skills

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by IImaestroII View Post
    This is the back 4( + 1 sub teen player) i used for like 2 seasons and they are offside machines ( i can do offside like 3 or 4 times every match ), from my experience i can say 100 % Positioning matters for offside( and great GK Communication ) but speed is also useful if the oppo break the offside ( you will note this against defensive formations ), even if they break your trap your defenders will chase his players and recover the ball ( i think you already see that behaviour during simulations )

The first one is a sweeper , the man that guide the defence
    You do realize that the offside calls as shown in the live animation is not real right?
    If you follow the text commentary you will notice that there is nothing like offside.

What happens when the live animation shows an offside call according to the text commentary is that the opponents defender 'used his strength to claim the ball and stopped the attack' or something similar.

It's still unclear what offside trap does exactly, but however it either improves or inhibits the defensive efforts of your team. So if your defense is doing well with it then continue and vice versa. But don't believe what the live animation says

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan117 View Post
    I doubt you will still feel this way when you get thrashed by a mutant team with severely warped skills
    The opposite happened when I played a mutant team like this in my league last season. I have a good balanced squad, all with SA’s and we just don’t get thrashed. Won plenty though.

Pro
    The opposite happened when I played a mutant team like this in my league last season. I have a good balanced squad, all with SA’s and we just don’t get thrashed. Won plenty though.
    I take It your association is not in platinum division if not you must have come across such teams. Take a good look at world top 10 I guarantee you won't find it funny when you meet those guys on the field

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan117 View Post
    You do realize that the offside calls as shown in the live animation is not real right?
    If you follow the text commentary you will notice that there is nothing like offside.

What happens when the live animation shows an offside call according to the text commentary is that the opponents defender 'used his strength to claim the ball and stopped the attack' or something similar.

It's still unclear what offside trap does exactly, but however it either improves or inhibits the defensive efforts of your team. So if your defense is doing well with it then continue and vice versa. But don't believe what the live animation says
    The purpose of the off side trap is to decrease the oppo chances to score, i've done lot of test about it. The off side during live animation show a interruption of a clear chance of goal. Of course depends on your tactic but if you want to use it you need an attacking or hard attack mentality.

simply said, your objective is to win most of your match, and by observation, stronger team (favourite mark) always win, and weaker team sometime win but not always.

so you need to train your player to make him stronger to win most of your match, but while you train your player, it a waste to train grey skill because it need more session than train the white skill, so why don't you just train the white skills only?

and mutant team also already prove that their white skills is far more higher than the player overall quality, and they even can dominate the stronger team easily. thanks to them because they have done something useful for us atleast.

so, i believe that only key skill in specific position will be counted and those are the white skills will determine your match result in addition with hidden parameters or random factors generted by the game engine itself

my guess until now:
    white skill - 70%
    tactic - 15%
    hidden parameter - 10%
    random factor - 5%
    Last edited by adifairus; 04-02-2018 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adifairus View Post
    but while you train your player, it a waste to train grey skill because it need more session than train the white skill, so why don't you just train the white skills only?
    If a drill contains both white and grey skills, then grey skills will be penalize, and white skills will get a bonus. Quality gain stays the same, but you actually need less training sessions to train only white skills from this drill.

For example, Video Analysis for DMC contains only white skills and it will give him 0.33 XP (for the drill level 1) to each of those skills: Positioning, Bravery, Creativity. For DC though Creativity is not a key skill, and his XP distribution will be different: 0.25 XP to Creativity because it's grey and got penalized, but 0.38 XP to both Positioning and Bravery -- they get bonus XP, so overall quality gain stays the same.

I'm not saying that grey skills should be trained though. Just a curious thing.
    Last edited by Toxcatl; 04-03-2018 at 02:29 AM.
    It wasn't our day.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast