Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 40
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Why's everyone complaining?

  1. #1
    Apprentice Gobobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    212

    Why's everyone complaining?

    I don't understand why so many people hate the fact they can't game the system as easily. It doesn't just affect them, it affects every other manager who was training their players unrealistically. A player having 200%+ in one skill and 1% in another is stupid. STUPID. Completely daft. In real life strikers can actually track back and tackle, defenders can score goals. This is real life football, every player on the pitch is expected to be able to operate in every third (except the goalie).

    The cheat where players had 1,000% fitness was even more stupid and everyone (who wasn't cheating that way) was happy when it was stopped, now some people are mad because the game has been made even more realistic.

    If anyone wonders why I'm so sanguine about the update; I've never faced ridiculously lopsided players in any competition. In nearly 30 seasons my team has always been very balanced and those I've faced have been too. Maybe the teams with mutant players are all put in the same servers? I don't know, maybe not. I'm glad the only strong teams I faced and will continue to face are ones which are balanced, with managers who understand tactics and watch loads of boring adverts. Let's be honest, after a few seasons buying rests and watching 20% of the quality that money bought disappear every month, most will give up spending their hard-earned cash.

  2. #2
    Famous KenoticFC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,288
    Because they have the right to express their opinion and the fact that this removes the enjoyment for them. For any player that has been a manager for at least 1 year the game is really empty once you figure things out. The only people I see here complain about realism are mostly new players who really think Top Eleven will make them a manager and Chelsea is at the door waiting to sign them.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    879
    Professional managers will always stay two steps ahead from naive managers no matter Nordeus did to tackle them.
    grubi125 likes this.

  4. #4
    Apprentice Gobobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by KenoticFC View Post
    Because they have the right to express their opinion and the fact that this removes the enjoyment for them. For any player that has been a manager for at least 1 year the game is really empty once you figure things out. The only people I see here complain about realism are mostly new players who really think Top Eleven will make them a manager and Chelsea is at the door waiting to sign them.
    I get your point, but in that respect I also have the right to whine about other people whining.

    That wasn't my issue though; I was asking why people are so upset about the game being made more realistic. I can see your point about it becoming stale, the live play gets monotonous, training and watching ads every day also does. As does the constant begging for coins, both players I spent a few hundred coins on proved to be detrimental to the balance of my team.

    It's only a game on your phone, though. People should understand that it has inherent limitations, and that if they want a portable version of Football Manager 2018... well, it doesn't exist, does it? This is pretty much the best they're going to get that fits in their pocket. It being made more realistic is, surely, a step in the right direction. It isn't perfect - far from it - but allowing mutants to be trained can't be good for the game's overall playability, in the long run. The evolution in the game is going to have some hits and some misses. I can't say for sure if the latest is one or the other, as I said I never faced mutant teams and always tried to have balanced players that could all attack and defend. My record's not brilliant, but neither is the record of any real team in a real league.
    John Grant and Temidayo_ like this.

  5. #5
    Dreamer
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    402
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobobo View Post
    I don't understand why so many people hate the fact they can't game the system as easily. It doesn't just affect them, it affects every other manager who was training their players unrealistically. A player having 200%+ in one skill and 1% in another is stupid. STUPID. Completely daft. In real life strikers can actually track back and tackle, defenders can score goals. This is real life football, every player on the pitch is expected to be able to operate in every third (except the goalie).

    The cheat where players had 1,000% fitness was even more stupid and everyone (who wasn't cheating that way) was happy when it was stopped, now some people are mad because the game has been made even more realistic.

    If anyone wonders why I'm so sanguine about the update; I've never faced ridiculously lopsided players in any competition. In nearly 30 seasons my team has always been very balanced and those I've faced have been too. Maybe the teams with mutant players are all put in the same servers? I don't know, maybe not. I'm glad the only strong teams I faced and will continue to face are ones which are balanced, with managers who understand tactics and watch loads of boring adverts. Let's be honest, after a few seasons buying rests and watching 20% of the quality that money bought disappear every month, most will give up spending their hard-earned cash.
    Question. If what you say is stupid, I don't think that way, how stupid is that resistance is a gray skill to ST?

    This ain't going about stupid or not, or realistic or not, cause, do you think this game is realistic? NO. Then, why are you complaining about stupidity or reality?

    Anyone without upselling can have players with 21yo and 200% and change on white skills and 1% on gray. How? Buying 3 stars FT players. Simple as that. Is than cheating? Nope, it isn't

  6. #6
    Dreamer
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    402
    Quote Originally Posted by USARABAT View Post
    Professional managers will always stay two steps ahead from naive managers no matter Nordeus did to tackle them.
    Agree. What I see form people that complains is that a lot of people doesn't have a clue of how to train
    madflo19 likes this.

  7. #7
    Addicted adifairus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    502
    having 1% gray skill and 300++ white skill is not cheating, everybody can do it including you,

    whether upselling or train 3* 18 yr/o from auction or free from youth and when level up, those gray skill will reduce to 1%

    is it cheating? no, it require effort.
    grubi125 likes this.

  8. #8
    Dreamer
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    402
    Quote Originally Posted by adifairus View Post
    having 1% gray skill and 300++ white skill is not cheating, everybody can do it including you,

    whether upselling or train 3* 18 yr/o from auction or free from youth and when level up, those gray skill will reduce to 1%

    is it cheating? no, it require effort.
    Damn right!!!

  9. #9
    Apprentice John Grant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    190
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobobo View Post
    I get your point, but in that respect I also have the right to whine about other people whining.

    That wasn't my issue though; I was asking why people are so upset about the game being made more realistic. I can see your point about it becoming stale, the live play gets monotonous, training and watching ads every day also does. As does the constant begging for coins, both players I spent a few hundred coins on proved to be detrimental to the balance of my team.

    It's only a game on your phone, though. People should understand that it has inherent limitations, and that if they want a portable version of Football Manager 2018... well, it doesn't exist, does it? This is pretty much the best they're going to get that fits in their pocket. It being made more realistic is, surely, a step in the right direction. It isn't perfect - far from it - but allowing mutants to be trained can't be good for the game's overall playability, in the long run. The evolution in the game is going to have some hits and some misses. I can't say for sure if the latest is one or the other, as I said I never faced mutant teams and always tried to have balanced players that could all attack and defend. My record's not brilliant, but neither is the record of any real team in a real league.
    I see the usual gang of veteran players are on your trail, this is common strategy from them if anyone dares to upset their known truths. These veterans have worked the game out , either by themselves or by borrowed intelligence , and they live within the flaws in the game system and call themselves professional managers because of it. If you look at their records they have each "won" umpteen trebles with teams full of mutants who they play in manipulated leagues and they think they are fantastic because of this. By the way Gobobo , mutant players , manipulated draws/leagues/cups and even tanking are not illegal in this game at the moment so it is not considered cheating.
    These same professional managers get their jollies by creating mutants, beating opponents 10-0 every game and winning meaningless trophies. Personally I dont find the fun in what they do and never will but they do and they will defend the way they play wholeheartedly and with passion and to them any other way of playing is just wasting time. They can be quite savage in their treatment of anyone who wants to stop or alter the way they play and they dont bother to ask if what they do is in the best interests of the game as a whole. They dont ask because they dont care , all they seem to care about is the little brag lines at the bottom of their posts such is the lowliness of their self esteem.
    Anyway do yourself a favour and dont try to argue with them , it just attracts more of them. Say what you need to say and leave it said. Also the ignore button is your friend lol.

  10. #10
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    95

    Quote Originally Posted by John Grant View Post
    I see the usual gang of veteran players are on your trail, this is common strategy from them if anyone dares to upset their known truths. These veterans have worked the game out , either by themselves or by borrowed intelligence , and they live within the flaws in the game system and call themselves professional managers because of it. If you look at their records they have each "won" umpteen trebles with teams full of mutants who they play in manipulated leagues and they think they are fantastic because of this. By the way Gobobo , mutant players , manipulated draws/leagues/cups and even tanking are not illegal in this game at the moment so it is not considered cheating.
    These same professional managers get their jollies by creating mutants, beating opponents 10-0 every game and winning meaningless trophies. Personally I dont find the fun in what they do and never will but they do and they will defend the way they play wholeheartedly and with passion and to them any other way of playing is just wasting time. They can be quite savage in their treatment of anyone who wants to stop or alter the way they play and they dont bother to ask if what they do is in the best interests of the game as a whole. They dont ask because they dont care , all they seem to care about is the little brag lines at the bottom of their posts such is the lowliness of their self esteem.
    Anyway do yourself a favour and dont try to argue with them , it just attracts more of them. Say what you need to say and leave it said. Also the ignore button is your friend lol.
    Wound, salt, done.
    Richie72 likes this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast