Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: The Joy of Tanking

Pro
    let the ball of snow grow ... T.E. will come up and screw it up before it becomes so big

Famous
    I honestly could care less about tankers. They don't appear that often and when they do, usually they have no idea what they're doing. Winning treble nowadays isn't that difficult either since the days of playing +3 or 4 levels in the cup are long gone.

Plus, do we really want nordeus making massive changes. We called for changes to transfer market and training, and look what they did.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 07-09-2018 at 11:48 AM.

The Joy of Tanking

Apart from bugs, tanking is probably the most discussed aspect of T11. I liken it to a bad reality show where the hated people are left in as they provoke the most controversy, arguments and debate.
    I mention the issue of tanking in all of my monthly reports to Nordeus as do other Mods. We try to give a balanced view but it can be difficult when you may have strong views for or against. So I totally respect the opinions of my fellow Mods (and others in the forum).
    For me, I’m dead against tanking. I agree with most views and ideas put forward by Roger and a couple of others in this thread. I struggle to see how it is fair and Nordeus could actually nip it in the bud quite easily by taking away the means to tank. Such as a 20% drop for everyone, capping at a set % per level, giving tokens for top 8 finish, level everyone up etc to mention a few ideas that I support. Personally I want to win the League every season. My record isn’t so bad but obviously many have a better one than me. Good for them!
    However, this will run and run like a bad soap opera. Tanking just encourages Managers to spend cash to try and keep up and Nordeus will watch from the sidelines because it isn’t in their interest to stop it. Perhaps in business that is a good strategy however unethical some may find it.
    So it seems we will all have to suck it up for now and just play the game how we feel it should be played. Nobody forces us to play and like in all walks of life, you will get those who want to exploit things. I know where the exit door is but I just accept the tankers as one of those aspects in the game (like bugs).
    Guys, just accept and enjoy. Nothing is ever how we want it to be.
    Last edited by dave1311; 07-09-2018 at 11:22 AM.
    ROMANBY VILLAGE FC (founded December 24th 2013)
    Level 122
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Top Eleven Forum Moderator

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by dave1311 View Post
    Apart from bugs, tanking is probably the most discussed aspect of T11. I liken it to a bad reality show where the hated people are left in as they provoke the most controversy, arguments and debate.
    I mention the issue of tanking in all of my monthly reports to Nordeus as do other Mods. We try to give a balanced view but it can be difficult when you may have strong views for or against. So I totally respect the opinions of my fellow Mods (and others in the forum).
    For me, I’m dead against tanking. I agree with most views and ideas put forward by Roger and a couple of others in this thread. I struggle to see how it is fair and Nordeus could actually nip it in the bud quite easily by taking away the means to tank. Such as a 20% drop for everyone, capping at a set % per level, giving tokens for top 8 finish, level everyone up etc to mention a few ideas that I support. Personally I want to win the League every season. My record isn’t so bad but obviously many have a better one than me. Good for them!
    However, this will run and run like a bad soap opera. Tanking just encourages Managers to spend cash to try and keep up and Nordeus will watch from the sidelines because it isn’t in their interest to stop it. Perhaps in business that is a good strategy however unethical some may find it.
    So it seems we will all have to suck it up for now and just play the game how we feel it should be played. Nobody forces us to play and like in all walks of life, you will get those who want to exploit things. I know where the exit door is but I just accept the tankers as one of those aspects in the game (like bugs).
    Guys, just accept and enjoy. Nothing is ever how we want it to be.
    Great post. I feel strongly and passionately about it due to my nature (i believe in fairness, playing to win and I'm competitive). But essentially yes it's a game. I wish a simple option such as tokens for league top 8 and significant reduction in asso tokens was used purely to reduce multi season tanking at least. There's not much left to say other than frustration of nothing happening is why this rolls on and on.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345