Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: The Joy of Tanking

Famous
    We suggest. Nothing happens. Saying "its boring" is also moaning.

If this matter was resolved using some of the many suggestions then we could move on. Until then we will continue to have many frustrated users.

Niko if you are frustrated with the moaning use your position to push the many suggestions to the devs then we can all move on.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    NekoIzMase likes this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    As I said, I made some suggestions but ok, tanking is not a major problem for me.
    I rarely had problems with tanking teams.
    The only issue is asso games but I choose not to bother anymore with top100 or platinum so no problem.
    I also don't see it as a major problem, it's only 5, 10 people who posting (again and again) about it and don't remember if I saw a specific issue about their teams in the 3 competitions (asso is another story).
    The 2 important things for me is the bugs and the randomness of the game.
    Cope King likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    As I said, I made some suggestions but ok, tanking is not a major problem for me.
    The only issue is asso games but I choose not to bother anymore with top100 or platinum so no problem.
    I also don't see it as a major problem, it's only 5, 10 people who posting (again and again) about it and don't remember if I saw a specific issue about their teams in the 3 competitions (asso is another story).
    I have had many issues with tankers. I have sent evidence to support in the past. I posted in a thread about a cl opponent last season who was 177% (157% relative to me). I'm frustrated. So are others. Over the 2 years I have been playing tankers have frustrated me in some way in at least 10 separate seasons I would say (inconsistent formations in league or superstrong in cup or cl). I have tried to manipulate draw a little in recent seasons which seems to help a little. You are a big advocate of draw manipulation and that will mean you are avoiding them niko more effectively.

I would say there have been a lot more than 5 or 6 people against tanking on here over a 12 month period. Some just either don't play any more or dont post any more. I know one person who is against tanking who hasn't posted in this thread for a start.

Anyway. To be constructive let's focus on suggestions again for helping with the problem....although no doubt nothing will happen I am willing to throw suggestions out there and not moan.

NekoIzMase likes this.

Famous
    Suggestions i can remember being mentioned. Feel free to add to list;

Remove asso top 100 list.

20% reduction all teams.

Separate asso team like ic.

Reduce asso tokens. Put tokens on league top 8.

Make it that you can only tank once every so many seasons. Not sure how this would be programmed.

Have preset formations and you can only play correct players in correct positions if you have a player available to play that position.

dave1311 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerniceguy View Post
    One thing i am bored of hearing. The defence of tanking as a "choice". That is not an overwhelmingly strong defence. If people want to take a break from the game (which is very understandable as it is a bit much to play day in day out) that is their choice. No one else should suffer due to someone else's choice. Quite simply leave your team to rot a season or two. It will still be there when you come back. If your team is rubbish you will get an easy draw and can quickly bump your team to have a good season. What's the problem with that? Take a proper break. Leave asso for that period and come back. Just stop messing with other people's seasons with your inconsistent formations and your 150%+ teams in cup and cl.

1st of all, the fail, is not in what ppl does, ppl play with what they have, and nope, im too so tired of this, more now writing from móvile Cuz i hate the táctil screen and the autocorrector lol
    But since the assos use the main team, and non promoted teams are not merged, thats what we have, and defense this is fair as those Who created a religión to defend the non limits in the skills, thing that, had a much bigger impact in the game simulation.

And we Will be at same point if one takes a break 4 months and then spend all resources gathered at same time... There Will be always a problem xD despite all, i Will still defend to close the training if theres no promotion for 7*s, ir allow till140%... Cause since the v.1 a 8-9* has Been cosidered a premium player.
    Last edited by khris; 07-08-2018 at 09:53 PM.
    pcmacdaniel likes this.

Famous
    What I would say is this. Do not mistake people's passion for fair play as moaning. I have lost 3 or 4 trophies to tankers in the last 6 seasons ( 1 cup 1 league 1 cl for sure at least). I don't expect to win everything. I don't expect to play a game where people lose on purpose to gain an advantage. And I am passionate that people should play to win. I won't apologise for feeling that way as i am a principled person.

Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    What about those Who dont wanna destroy the assos but just wanna play time to time without worry too much -to have a life- ? Here there are some concepts out of place...
    Fair enough but my view on that is if you don't want to put the time in why should you get it easy?
    why should someone who put hrs and hrs in playing the game and another does sod all and gets the same benefits.
    why should the one taking time out beable to play on a level playing field?
    if you don't put the graft in you don't deserve to have a easy life is my view on the game.

End of the day i don't even know why we discuss certain things as nobody listens anyway that's why everything keeps repeating.
    because nothing happens about them.
    they get talked about and swept under the carpet ten another day someone will bring the subject again.
    and if it keeps coming back there is a reason to why it comes back because alot of people think its a problem.

give it another week and it will be talked about again and a few weeks after that its just a vicious circle.
    rogerniceguy and NekoIzMase like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Richie72 View Post
    you're up against it here Siddas lol. here come the moderators Khris and Niko again excusing tankers (or finding reasoning for them) and niko saying please no more posts about tanking. You know why Siddas ? Cos they are mega tankers themselves hahahaha. every single post about tankers they are here supporting it, encouraging it ffs hahaha
    Dont confuse excuse the tankers, with respecting the ppl. Then, everyone here is free to defend its own opinion about how the game should be.
    If you pretend to see how someone changes its own idea of the game just for your caprice, then your lack of respect is deeper than what one can imagine.
    So, Next time if you point the ppl that plays like you just cause you dont like their thesis, just remember 2 things: 1-during + than 5 years every moderator in this forum has sent all the suggestions that the players made, despite that, sometimes one can not coincide with the visión of the game that many other mánagers have.
    2- theres more than your opinion, and more than our 2opinions, so deal with It and stop pointing those who simply think differently.

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post

so just because they are not problem to you, and because you don't bother with Asso it doesn't mean that you should just sit and and do nothing about it. you have position of moderator to represent community, not to represent yourself.
    Siddas likes this.

Famous
    First, a tanker playing the first team against only one or two teams in league play, is an integrity violation for manipulation of results. We as managers can report that to nordeus.

Second, tanking isn't an advantage anymore in FA (unless that tanking is to keep mutant teams). If a manager sees a manager in a top 100 that's repeating level, look at the skills of the players, and I bet the house you see mutants. The benefit of tanking in FA was removed when nordeus removed loans. If a manager is losing to a typical tanking association they need to look in the mirror and reevaluate their tactics and training systems. Tankers have high grays skills, since they don't promote. This makes tankers extremely vulnerable to a well designed team playing as a 15-25% underdog. And those fake accounts buying players after the draw are cannon fodder, a good association should jump up 12-0 against the bottom seeds in a tanker association. Then it's pull 7 points from the remaining 4 opponents, and due to tankers usually having bad skews, this is a very manageable task.

Where tanking is a problem is the Cup and Champions League. But ever here, it's a 1 season problem and unless the tanker is sitting at 145-150%+ a skilled manager around 120% should be able to give them a run for their money in the cup. The average tanker is tactically poor and doesn't train their players well.

I do think their needs to be a quality cap. I do think their should be some deterrent to tanking, such as a decrease in # of available ads to watch in seasons following a missed promotion. Some tanking is done to accumulate resources, and last thing we need is an older 5* mutant staying level for a couple seasons and saving 2000+ rest for a rebuilding process. 3 seasons at level x, then promote and we have 3-4 seasons where no training is needed. That's all that's needed to reload.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 07-09-2018 at 02:33 AM.
    gamer5289 and pjBS like this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast