Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: This is not a rant, just me looking for answers.

Quote Originally Posted by gkassimis View Post
    exactly. i have done it several times and the team who plays in the beggining with proper formation and correct positions but for 80 minutes with illegal formation and wrong positions is winning the team that is starting the match with illegal formation and wrong positions but for 80 minutes they play properly
    No way?!

But that means its useless to watch yout games. Why implement the possesion bonus then?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gkassimis View Post
    exactly. i have done it several times and the team who plays in the beggining with proper formation and correct positions but for 80 minutes with illegal formation and wrong positions is winning the team that is starting the match with illegal formation and wrong positions but for 80 minutes they play properly
    Dood, I am interested in what this means. Only I am not sure I understand what you wrote. Could you please clarify this? No offense but it is a bit confusing.

He meant that one player has illegal formation other one has a proper one. After beginnen they simply exchange formations, but the player with the now illegal formations wins anyway because he had the better (and not illegal) formation when game begun.
    TEAM A: Illegal Formation TEAM B legal and proper formation

game starts

agter just a few minutes:
    TEAM A: legal and proper formation TEAM B illegal fomation

after 90 minutes TEAM B wins
    Did I get it right?
    Last edited by Hecke; 04-20-2013 at 12:16 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hecke View Post
    He meant that one player has illegal formation other one has a proper one. After beginnen they simply exchange formations, but the player with the now illegal formations wins anyway because he had the better (and not illegal) formation when game begun.
    TEAM A: Illegal Formation TEAM B legal and proper formation

game starts

agter just a few minutes:
    TEAM A: legal and proper formation TEAM B illegal fomation

after 90 minutes TEAM B wins
    Did I get it right?
    That makes perfect sense now.

The team that started the game with legal formation wins no matter what change of formation, even if illegal.

So just to make sure, the test should be done where the legal formation changes formation to illegal at first moment possible after the game starts. Of course the illegal formation changes at the same time to a legal formation.

According to all that has been IMPLIED, the team starting the match with legal formation should win 9 out of 10 times, of course factoring in the Nordeus random-result-game-engine.

This needs to be tested approx 10 times just to verify. VERY INTERESTING

thats what i meant. i have done it for 5-6 times and only once the team playing proper formation for 80 minutes won (you need about 10 min to change both formations) . please take notice that not only i changed formation to illegal but i changed also the players positions (striker for goalkeeper, goalkeeper for striker etc). i used it playing against my wifes team and i had to use my reserves against her first team in order the 2 teams to be equal quality. if the 2 teams have a significant quality difference then you can't be sure about your conclusions since the strong team even playing illegal can win the weak.
    Kyparissia FC
    Level 35
    28 Champions, 15 Champions League, 15 Cups, 2 Super Cup

Thats just ridiculous...but than again...
    A few seasons ago when the engine wasnt so ****ed up as it is now I had the feeling that when I missed a game I lost it. So why the thing with the ball possesion?
    Last edited by Hecke; 04-20-2013 at 01:26 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hecke View Post
    Thats just ridiculous...but than again...
    A few seasons ago when the engine wasnt so ****ed up as it is now I had the feeling that when I missed a game I lost it. So why the thing with the ball possesion?
    Just like in the Matrix...People reject things when they feel they dont have a choice - conscious or subconscious.

If Nordeus comes out and says "the games are pre-determined, but log in and click on your game and we can play a simulation of the result", does that sound as good as watching a game being played realtime where your choices can affect the game?

People want to be able to affect results. Just ask any Chinese betting company.

Nobody is saying that the results are pre-determined...it is just that certain results tend to make one lean towards believing it.

It would be nice if Nordeus came out and stated in basic non-specific terms, how their application is based so the conspiracies can be put to rest....

At the end of the day, this is clearly just entertainment. How much are you willing to pay to be entertained by Nordeus in this manner?

Has anyone else tested it? I fear Nordeus wont give a statement...
    Perhaps its time to look for a new PVP game...

I may be able to shed some light on the subject, this season I played an illegal formation by mistake the game started automatically 20% possession before I could change they scored by the end of the match I had won 2-1 but it took until the 70th min for the possession to sort itself out as it moved very slowly.
    F.C. United
    League Won 11
    League Runner up 4
    Cup Won 3
    Cup Finalist 3
    Champions League Won 5
    Champions League Finalist 9

Season 23 Level 23

United Til I Die
    League Won 12
    League Runner Up 4
    Champions League Won 2
    Champions League Finalist 7
    Cups Won 1
    Cup Finalist 2

Season 32 Level 27 (Retired)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by reddeviljohn View Post
    I may be able to shed some light on the subject, this season I played an illegal formation by mistake the game started automatically 20% possession before I could change they scored by the end of the match I had won 2-1 but it took until the 70th min for the possession to sort itself out as it moved very slowly.
    possession itself is not a factor. you need to stop thinking of the "possession bar" and start looking at results with illegal formations.
    Remember, possession does not guarantee a win. (look at Liverpool this year...Dammit!)

I fully admit that the stats/commentary during the game is adaptable and should reflect any changes you make during the game.

People have to start looking at this like a scientific experiment:

1) Ask a Question - Results of this game have caused many to ask this question: Are the games pre-determined?
    2) Do Background Research - Several people with programming knowlege accept this can be valid.
    3) Construct a Hypothesis - Changing formations/players at the start of, or during the game will not affect results.
    4) Test Your Hypothesis by Doing an Experiment - gkassimis has been doing this. Contact him for details on how to test.
    5) Analyze Your Data and Draw a Conclusion - So far, analysis is showing that it is a possibilty. Draw your own conclusion after testing yourself.
    6) Communicate Your Results - Currently being done. Results are shocking, if true.

You get the idea. This can easily be tested a thousand times and as long as the results are consistant, then the conclusion will be undeniable. There will always be anomalies, so that also has to be factored in, but when enough results are created, I am sure the anomalies will not matter.

I find this very interesting. I really hope all of this is not true because I like to believe I am not wasting my time with this game. Well, i am wasting time....but i could be playing something else in this wasted time...ah, you know what I mean.

Colin OUT!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast