Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Team Conceding Too Many Goals

Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    Giuda as ST MoM 9,2... as aml 6,6 amc 7,9 and 7,7... hmmm the truth is that I ask often for the page that show the whole team stars (goals, MoM... etc) but thats interesting, because here I can develop 2 thesis:

1- when you play with a similar/or the same "base formation" you can win all, with good players
    2- of course exist the method to, play with different formations in each match... with good players (well programmed) but this needs a little bit more effort knowing "where to allocate the players and with who next to them"....

It is complicated really.... but for own experience... "there's a point" in what u can see.. that the game goes fluid and the bar possession is in your favour constantly... sometimes one can notice about that factor just subbing' one player... -call it negative impact- so, I will go to the conslusion that, you have 1-2 players that allow these chances for the oppo' ...still but you have well programmed players cause the game resolve the matches in your favour...

...If this was my situation... and moving the formation I would do a little scheme... X player better Y position... Z, A,B contributes with goals-assists... or defensive actions... C,D, are aggresive or fail too much/or do not appear... /when F player plays the possession bar is hard to control... and then... maybe I would touch something... even after 1-2 friendlies vs 1*'s to oversize the internal programming and check out the most contributive players and the negative impact ones...

edit:

well u see... formations are just strange forms xD Im experimenting with the 5-2-3 and 2-1-4-3 and you can see ... both teams won +20%'s xD so... players r all...
    I guess everyone else, including inactive managers, are getting well-programmed players, and it is only my team that gets the bad ones or maybe they just become bad as soon as they joined the club. And the thing is I have been buying players not just like that but carefully chosen with attention to the information already provided on their profiles. Seriously, so far, I think something is wrong and alarming. Oh well... maybe I will quit after this season; I am not satisfied at all with the current game versions - too many negatives.
    Last edited by Tactician; 08-23-2018 at 04:56 PM.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    I guess everyone else, including inactive managers, are getting well-programmed players, and it is only my team that gets the bad ones or maybe they just become bad as soon as they joined the club. And the thing is I been buying players not just like that but with attention to the information already provided on their profiles. Seriously, so far, I think something is wrong and alarming. Oh well... maybe I will quit after this season; I am not satisfied at all with the current game versions.

"but with attention to the information already provided on their profiles."

Remember that is a bot who adds the players in the market and that the stats are fake... not from the players performance in any club.... really, I would not worry.... play light Tactician, play light...

Rookie
    You need hidden gems players...to get them buy players with higher transfer value even tho they might hide at normal value aswell
    Example:
    I think that my aml and amr are both hidden gems while my striker is normal player
    Team Conceding Too Many Goals-screenshot_20180823-184917_top-eleven.jpg
    Team Conceding Too Many Goals-screenshot_20180823-184944_top-eleven.jpg
    Team Conceding Too Many Goals-screenshot_20180823-185007_top-eleven.jpg

None of them is taking penalties or free kicks...you can see their efficiency in stats...wingers scored way more goals per game compared to my striker whos job should be to score most goals...

This is just an example I have other players doing good job aswell in other positions and some players whom are just average

Quote Originally Posted by Mitja fc View Post
    You need hidden gems players...to get them buy players with higher transfer value even tho they might hide at normal value aswell
    Example:
    I think that my aml and amr are both hidden gems while my striker is normal player
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20180823-184917_Top Eleven.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	108116

Name:	Screenshot_20180823-184944_Top Eleven.jpg 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	108118

Name:	Screenshot_20180823-185007_Top Eleven.jpg 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	108120

None of them is taking penalties or free kicks...you can see their efficiency in stats...wingers scored way more goals per game compared to my striker whos job should be to score most goals...

This is just an example I have other players doing good job aswell in other positions and some players whom are just average
    My problem is not offence, but defence, and even with what should be good defenders do not help much, as if, according to game engine, it a must for my team to concede a lot of goals. My goalkeeper has been active and saving a lot too but still a lot of goals conceded.
    Last edited by Tactician; 08-23-2018 at 05:48 PM.
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

Rookie
    Dnt know how to help you there...I am playing attacking mentality with offside trap...I only conceded one goal so far this season and scored 27 and 4 of my 7 opp were equal
    My deffenders have best value in tackling marking positioning and my deffence is the strongest part of my team if I check %stats of def/mid/att

I kinda know my forwards will strike alot so I boost deffence little more in preseason...

Quote Originally Posted by Mitja fc View Post
    Dnt know how to help you there...I am playing attacking mentality with offside trap...I only conceded one goal so far this season and scored 27 and 4 of my 7 opp were equal
    My deffenders have best value in tackling marking positioning and my deffence is the strongest part of my team if I check %stats of def/mid/att

I kinda know my forwards will strike alot so I boost deffence little more in preseason...
    No worries. I thought of asking on the forum as I have returned to the game after about a year or more of absence and maybe there are new things that I am not aware about. I have been checking around and it seems the problem is with my team or with my account. I will try to fix things and do what I can and should be doing as a manager but if nothing help much then I quit after this season instead of 'banging my head against a wall'.

Concerning separate attributes or maybe even group of attributes, all maybe just visual and not matter much if not at all. This game is very deceiving.
    Last edited by Tactician; 08-23-2018 at 05:47 PM.
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

"but with attention to the information already provided on their profiles."

Remember that is a bot who adds the players in the market and that the stats are fake... not from the players performance in any club.... really, I would not worry.... play light Tactician, play light...
    I know they are not from any club but at least certain information provided should be of some use. If all is just visual, cosmetic or fake and not of any use in the football sense, then this game has gone complete 'bull****' as a football managing game. Formations not matter, tactics not matter, profile of players not matter - many things that should be of some use for the football manager not matter, many things that should be of some significance in terms of affecting match outcomes or results not matter, then why I am even playing such a game that called itself Top Eleven - Be A Football Manager? Like many users said, they should be focusing on fixing what is wrong in the game instead of putting **** events every now and then. I just been invited to the association that I founded way back, and I cannot even quit like this immediately now else would be disappointing the others.
    Last edited by Tactician; 08-23-2018 at 06:07 PM.
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    I know they are not from any club but at least certain information provided should be of some use. If all is just visual, cosmetic or fake and not of any use in the football sense, then this game has gone complete 'bull****' as a football managing game. Formations not matter, tactics not matter, profile of players not matter - many things that should be of some use for the football manager not matter, many things that should be of some significance in terms of affecting match outcomes or results not matter, then why I am even playing such a game that called itself Top Eleven - Be A Football Manager? Like many users said, they should be focusing on fixing what is wrong in the game instead of putting **** events every now and then. I just been invited to the association that I founded way back, and I cannot even quit like this immediately now else would be disappointing the others.
    Understand that the game calibrates the team, so you can never have 11 players scoring 40 goals each... max 2-3 determinant ones... then some are neutral, been invisible and some impact in negative and, finally, some do small contributions... all is part of a calibration to keep the teams inside some parameters...

Then we can discuss what is correct and what not... if +20 should win always or X formation vs Y should have BP... but this would mean fixed results and thats why it is important understand all the "hidden side" of the game... because all is hidden in T11...

Understand that the game calibrates the team, so you can never have 11 players scoring 40 goals each... max 2-3 determinant ones... then some are neutral, been invisible and some impact in negative and, finally, some do small contributions... all is part of a calibration to keep the teams inside some parameters...

Then we can discuss what is correct and what not... if +20 should win always or X formation vs Y should have BP... but this would mean fixed results and thats why it is important understand all the "hidden side" of the game... because all is hidden in T11...

I am not complaining about a stronger team or 20% + team losing versus a weaker team or things like this, nor I am complaining about facing stronger opponents unlike many of the posts here and there and nor about players not scoring enough goals. My problem is as described by the title and further in the discussion that this game has gone complete 'bull****' it seems. Currently, something is clearly wrong for my case, and of course, something is wrong in Nik's post concerning possession, and a lot of others things are wrong in this game - way too much.

I guess the 'calibration' for my team since last season is like 0 for defence.
    Last edited by Tactician; 08-23-2018 at 07:29 PM.
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

Famous
    The key thing to understand about playing defensive, is to realize that you are inviting pressure. A defensive manager that can't release the pressure will struggle getting the ball across the midfield line when they have possession. Hence, the opponent ends up forcing bad passes and winning tackles deep in your half of the pitch. If you don't have a means of releasing the pressure, the entire game will be played in your defensive third, so conceding several goals shouldn't be a surprise.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 08-23-2018 at 08:37 PM.
    Level 40 Manager

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast