Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Lack of quality in the auction

Lack of quality in the auction

I think a lot of us follow the useful guidance from Niko on identifying fast trainers in the auctions: https://forum.topeleven.com/tutorial...ainers-58.html

I'm currently at Level 11, so an 18 year old fast trainer should cost between 48-50M and have 74 quality. However, at the moment I'm not seeing anything close to that on the auctions. In two days of looking the highest I've seen is one 18 year old with 74 quality at nearly 45M. The vast majority are 35M or below.

I know it's rare to find fast trainers on the auctions, but I don't think I've ever gone two days without seeing a single option, or even any players coming close to maximum value and quality.

Has something changed, or has anyone else noticed a lack of top quality 18 year old's on the auctions this season?

Famous
    It's the beginning of the season. Some players will pay 30 tokens for a 3 legged dog. Saw yesterday someone pay 50 tokens for a 24 year old 93% rated single position defender with no special ability! Scout list player would have been better, no? Younger, higher quality, SA.
    So when idiots bid like this Nordeus know they can fill the auctions market with mediocre players and reclaim tokens.
    Market is no worse than it ever is during the first week of the season.
    stra likes this.

Rookie
    negotiations are full of FT i bought super fast trainer on last day of last season there

If there were larger, longer auctions, then we wouldn't have this problem (maybe 30 mins to 1 hour?). Maybe also make it so that managers lose a token each time they bid. Also, you could let managers sell players on this auction market to boost the market and supplement what the automatically-generated players provide. And also, you could make it so auctioned players are sold by overall quality, not just percentage, so you don't have experienced managers having to bid against newbies that don't know how to spend tokens yet.

Wouldn't that be something?
    DRAGONS SC

THE PERMANENT END

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by jcohen42 View Post
    If there were larger, longer auctions, then we wouldn't have this problem (maybe 30 mins to 1 hour?). Maybe also make it so that managers lose a token each time they bid. Also, you could let managers sell players on this auction market to boost the market and supplement what the automatically-generated players provide. And also, you could make it so auctioned players are sold by overall quality, not just percentage, so you don't have experienced managers having to bid against newbies that don't know how to spend tokens yet.

Got me all nostalgic now. What's that salty taste on my lips?................oh, it's a tear.
    Anna Martyniec and Bunzo like this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Now I can find more often ft - already bought two and saw a plenty of them in the market
    but the bidders are crazy
    maloukees likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludo_Mansio View Post
    I think a lot of us follow the useful guidance from Niko on identifying fast trainers in the auctions: https://forum.topeleven.com/tutorial...ainers-58.html

I'm currently at Level 11, so an 18 year old fast trainer should cost between 48-50M and have 74 quality. However, at the moment I'm not seeing anything close to that on the auctions. In two days of looking the highest I've seen is one 18 year old with 74 quality at nearly 45M. The vast majority are 35M or below.

I know it's rare to find fast trainers on the auctions, but I don't think I've ever gone two days without seeing a single option, or even any players coming close to maximum value and quality.

Has something changed, or has anyone else noticed a lack of top quality 18 year old's on the auctions this season?
    I'm not seeing nearly as many as priors seasons (I'm only in my 8th season though). My usual strategy is to get 3-4 18 y/o FT's in the first couple days of the season and keep my roster young. So far, it's Tuesday (day 3) and I have not seen a single one at a position I need (GK, DC, DR) and only 3 or 4 total. Last couple seasons, maybe one out of three 4-minute auctions had a 18 y/o FT. This season, 1-2 per day that I've seen.

So of course, 10 minutes after I post this, I see (and win) two 18 y/o FT's (DC, DR) for 35 tokens total. Now I just need a new GK.
    Last edited by TropikThunder; 10-17-2018 at 01:53 AM.
    TropikThunder

Seasons: 16
    Level: 16
    League Titles: 8 / Runner-up 2
    Champions League Titles: 4 / Runner-up 3
    Cup Winners: 4 / Runner-up 2
    Trebles: 1

Play with honor, win or lose. #NeverTanker

Quote Originally Posted by jcohen42 View Post

Longer auctions don't make any good. Maybe it would be better to look on the "scouting" section, where the beste players are (7 or 8 stats i mean).

Enviado desde mi SM-J330F mediante Tapatalk

In this case my questions are: Which formation did you use?
    Which are your bests players?
    Which "tactic" for getting new players did you use? Here I'm using many reserves, use it as a guide, in case you can't get new players.

Enviado desde mi SM-J330F mediante Tapatalk

Scouting has never changed, and has never served the same purpose as auctions. Surely that much is clear to you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast