Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Do we need two goalkeepers?

  1. #21
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    66
    I prefer set 2 team , Team A for League another team for cup

  2. #22
    Rookie dicky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    73
    i only have 1 keeper i use to have 2. he got injured in a game but the glitch saw me through ok. i stuck my best defender in goal and he got a 7 lol. however my keeper was one of the most consistent never lower than a 7 but now he always gets a 5 or 4 even if he keeps a clean sheet. not sure if his injury messed him up or coz the game recognizes he is the only GK in team but he is rubbish now.
    Arsenal for 3rd... a cheeky tenner says so!

  3. #23
    Addicted Razz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    State of Montana, USA
    Posts
    586
    Quote Originally Posted by herdo View Post
    It wouldnt be an illegal formation, merely a player not playing in his natural position
    Quote Originally Posted by magic3 View Post
    Illegal formation is only if you don't have a player in a GK position but not if MC plays GK.
    OK. If you say so. Do let us know how that works out for you, k?
    ~^~*~^~ My opinions are best when taken with a grain of salt. No iodine added. ~^~*~^~

  4. #24
    VIP July Fourth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    15,386
    I think 2 GK is always needed.

    1. You never know of injuries/suspensions in this game
    2. Squad rotation for less important or easier fixtures or friendlies if you play those.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

  5. #25
    Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    751
    Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    OK. If you say so. Do let us know how that works out for you, k?

    Let me explain it to you. Lets say i set my team up 4-4-2, this is a legal formation, yes? Now lets say i play a MC in goal, still keeping it a 4-4-2, a legal formation with a player out of position, playing the wrong role or what ever you want to call it. Playing an MC in goal wont do you any favours but you wont incur the 80/20 penalty you would if you played an ACTUAL illegal formation.

    I even went to the bother of testing this in a friendly, played a 4-1-2-1-2 (W), with a DMC in goal. I had 50% possession, won 1 nil and the dmc in goal scored a 6.

    I aslo consulted this thread, http://forum.topeleven.com/formation...ion-rules.html
    I noticed YOU wrote it, you may want to go and change the topic from "definitive" because it clearly isnt, you may also want to amend the line which reads "Goalkeeper (Must be player's natural position i.e. a GK)".

    If your going to try and be a smart arse at least know what the fuck you are talking about, KKKKKKKKKKKAAAAAYYYYYYY????

    Also, i think people shouldnt be allowed to compose "difinitive" guides when they clearly dont know what there talking about
    cracicot likes this.

  6. #26
    Famous shwanko07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,208
    Quote Originally Posted by dv8r View Post
    Just have one as a backup in case he gets injured in the 5th minute or something.. I always have a 2nd keeper on my bench, you never know when it'll come in handy
    i have only one GK .. with no problem
    he got injured at 20 min, played a CB as GK, and had a clean sheet
    that is how much engine $ucks
    as long as he defensive ability is good, he will be great GK even if he is a defender
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)

  7. #27
    Famous shwanko07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,208
    Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    I think 2 GK is always needed.

    1. You never know of injuries/suspensions in this game
    2. Squad rotation for less important or easier fixtures or friendlies if you play those.
    - did you ever seen a GK get a card?
    - my CB played as GK when injured for 70 min and kept a clean sheet .. in case of emergencies .. engine $ucks
    - this is why you have red packs ... i keep 15 always in hand for my GK when get injured
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Palma, Mallorca
    Posts
    2,364
    Quote Originally Posted by shwanko07 View Post
    - did you ever seen a GK get a card?
    - my CB played as GK when injured for 70 min and kept a clean sheet .. in case of emergencies .. engine $ucks
    - this is why you have red packs ... i keep 15 always in hand for my GK when get injured
    Hey! this is a football simulation (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!) A GK can get a card in a real game, so suffice to say it can happen in T11.

    Dood, a player can get a red for SPITTING on another player in this game. So is it so unbelievable to have a GK get a card of ANY colour???

  9. #29
    Addicted Razz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    State of Montana, USA
    Posts
    586
    Quote Originally Posted by herdo View Post
    xxx
    While that may have changed (how about some screenshots?), the indicators were still there as recently as last week. I have encountered this situation quite literally dozens of times: An otherwise legal formation with 80/20 possession invariably has a player other than a GK playing keeper.

    In case it escaped you, that thread was a community effort that I started to try and definitively nail down the rules of what we refer to as an "illegal formation." Since the thread was started, there have been several modifications to what we know. Either we, collectively, had it wrong, or something changed in the game engine.

    Please feel free to start, continually test, and maintain your own version of the thread. Since I only have one team and I prefer to actually play the game rather than continuously test, the thread as it is now relies entirely on the community to post evidence of any new developments. You know, something YOU could have done instead of resorting to expletives and personal insults. I fully support and encourage your version of the the thread. When can we expect it? And will you commit to maintaining, testing, and updating it?
    ~^~*~^~ My opinions are best when taken with a grain of salt. No iodine added. ~^~*~^~

  10. #30
    Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    751
    Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    While that may have changed (how about some screenshots?), the indicators were still there as recently as last week. I have encountered this situation quite literally dozens of times: An otherwise legal formation with 80/20 possession invariably has a player other than a GK playing keeper.

    In case it escaped you, that thread was a community effort that I started to try and definitively nail down the rules of what we refer to as an "illegal formation." Since the thread was started, there have been several modifications to what we know. Either we, collectively, had it wrong, or something changed in the game engine.

    Please feel free to start, continually test, and maintain your own version of the thread. Since I only have one team and I prefer to actually play the game rather than continuously test, the thread as it is now relies entirely on the community to post evidence of any new developments. You know, something YOU could have done instead of resorting to expletives and personal insults. I fully support and encourage your version of the the thread. When can we expect it? And will you commit to maintaining, testing, and updating it?
    Im not putting up screen shots, im hardly going to make my results up (though looks like you did). Its your name on the post on the definitive bla bla bla thread or did someone else write that n you stole it? I new youd blame a change in the game engine, seems to be par for the course when you really meant to say "i dont know". Ive also only one account and played one game to disprove what you said and prove what i already knew (which was backed up by another forum member). Ive absolutely no intention of making my own thread about illegal formations, the "collective " one is generally fine. "smart arse" personal insult, really lol??

    Basically, dont try and scoff at/belittle people on here when infact what you are saying is a load of tripe!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast