Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Transfer Strats

Apprentice

Transfer Strats

What do you look for when you're prepping your team for the new season? Is it stars or stats for you? If two players of similar star level, position, and price are up for auction, what makes you go for one over the other? Just wondering.
    The Warpstars - League Level 25 - Club Record: 746W - 120D - 146L
    Goals Scored: 3094 Goals Against: 863
    Club History
    11 League Trophies: 3,4,5,7,8,9,10,17,18,19,24 | 6 Runner-Up: 2,6,11,13,16, 20
    2 Cup Trophies: 5,7 | 4 Runner-Up: 10,17,19,24
    0 Super League Trophies: | 0 Runner-Up:
    3 Champion's League Trophies: 2,10,22 | 4 Runner-Up: 8,12,19,24
    0 Triple Crowns:

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhiteKirby View Post
    What do you look for when you're prepping your team for the new season? Is it stars or stats for you? If two players of similar star level, position, and price are up for auction, what makes you go for one over the other? Just wondering.
    Test them, look their internal programming. Try to play a friendly vs a 1* team to oversize the internal skills, so you can check out how both players are programmed.

Famous
    If the are more or lees equal quality, I buy the one with the best stats
    TheWhiteKirby likes this.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    Test them, look their internal programming. Try to play a friendly vs a 1* team to oversize the internal skills, so you can check out how both players are programmed.
    How do you simulate a match with players you don't own? Let alone, a 1* team? Are there features I'm missing out on? lol.
    maloukees and khris like this.
    Club History
    0 Triple Crowns:

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by maloukees View Post
    If the are more or lees equal quality, I buy the one with the best stats
    But what if the one with the best stats may not have the best run of form or a good enough goals scored to matches played ratio? I tend to lean toward those stats as it shows me how well they perform overall regardless of their stat %'s
    Club History
    0 Triple Crowns:

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhiteKirby View Post
    How do you simulate a match with players you don't own? Let alone, a 1* team? Are there features I'm missing out on? lol.
    Missed that point, sorry xDDD if you don't own the player buy the one of more value.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    1 Star team? Why?
    Would u like to share how you identify a good internally programmed GK, DC, DL, DR, MC, ML, MR? they don't score goals so based on rating? in a match which you win with >5/6 goals usually all the players have good rating. So how to identify?
    nikolgiorgos likes this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    lol
    the myth of "good" players
    khris likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

For 80 seasons in this game I didn't have even one bad "internally programmed" player (or better than usually), so don't care about this. Special ability is useless and you can ignore it too (all of my players have S.A., because it looks nice, but definitely don't works). Players "stats" that you see in transfer market is fake (the game engine create it). It is cool feeling to buy young, fast training players, but in my opinion this is wasting of tokens, because if you have strong team, will meet stronger opponents.

So, as almost everything in this game, transfers have not matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    1 Star team? Why?
    Would u like to share how you identify a good internally programmed GK, DC, DL, DR, MC, ML, MR? they don't score goals so based on rating? in a match which you win with >5/6 goals usually all the players have good rating. So how to identify?
    To "oversize" the internal skills. vs 1* team a good scorer will score 3,4,5 goals.
    Then you've to check out those who are contributing, by assisting or appearing -in the old version without live animation, and only with comments (that u can still use deactivating live animations) you could see how some players didn't show their names during the match.

Too is interesting test the team to find the right player for corners and FKs, usually there's one player performing better there and it changes time to time after some weeks, but this is a stable choice that the game makes as the game is created to make you manage.

Testing players, you can see if they r aggressive, if they do not appear, and if they do not appear -what I call neutral players- check out if they help staying there the players they have arround or they have a negative impact.

A team with many players that have a negative impact can have all the AvQ you want but they tend to lose, have unexpected scores or so, and there's a differance when you have a team with players that give a good impact staying there cuz you'll notice that your team will play more fluid.
    Sometimes this happens just doing one sub' of a single player and this is info that the game gives to you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast