Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: How long mourinho will be the icon of TE?

Apprentice
    Yeah but I'm just more impressed by the grit of Pochettino. I mean, look at Mourinho- he just got sacked from Man U. He has Paul Pogba and a slew of other big names at his disposal but he got sacked because he couldn't bring out their best. Pochettino brings out the best in players, players you wouldn't expect to do much at all. In fact, Tottenham is the best team he has had in his career and they aren't like the gods that are at Man City, Man U, Chelsea and yet they compete neck and neck with those teams ever since he took the reigns. Mind you, he took the reigns with not as nearly as much quality that it has now and still finished top 5 consistently. He is what this game is about- taking a team you are given and making something great out of it. Developing players, the fanbase, and the ground. Exactly what this game consists of. He would be the perfect face for the game if you ask me.

And he may have not revolutionized tactics (yet, even though in my opinion his 2015 formation that saw eric dier and mousa dembele in a caddy corner position to easily cross-link passes and spark transition from defense to attack was genius and I hate he abandoned this formation) but he has made all european clubs look at their Youth Players with more confidence and opportunity. That is revolutionary on its own in some ways.

PS- I used his 2015 formation up until 2 season ago on Top 11 and I have won the league 8/10 times and kept many clean sheets and scored at least 80 goals a season. It works and it's hard to counter.
    Last edited by TheWhiteKirby; 12-20-2018 at 06:09 AM.
    maloukees likes this.
    The Warpstars - League Level 25 - Club Record: 746W - 120D - 146L
    Goals Scored: 3094 Goals Against: 863
    Club History
    11 League Trophies: 3,4,5,7,8,9,10,17,18,19,24 | 6 Runner-Up: 2,6,11,13,16, 20
    2 Cup Trophies: 5,7 | 4 Runner-Up: 10,17,19,24
    0 Super League Trophies: | 0 Runner-Up:
    3 Champion's League Trophies: 2,10,22 | 4 Runner-Up: 8,12,19,24
    0 Triple Crowns:

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhiteKirby View Post
    Yeah but I'm just more impressed by the grit of Pochettino. I mean, look at Mourinho- he just got sacked from Man U. He has Paul Pogba and a slew of other big names at his disposal but he got sacked because he couldn't bring out their best. Pochettino brings out the best in players, players you wouldn't expect to do much at all. In fact, Tottenham is the best team he has had in his career and they aren't like the gods that are at Man City, Man U, Chelsea and yet they compete neck and neck with those teams ever since he took the reigns. Mind you, he took the reigns with not as nearly as much quality that it has now and still finished top 5 consistently. He is what this game is about- taking a team you are given and making something great out of it. Developing players, the fanbase, and the ground. Exactly what this game consists of. He would be the perfect face for the game if you ask me.

And he may have not revolutionized tactics (yet, even though in my opinion his 2015 formation that saw eric dier and mousa dembele in a caddy corner position to easily cross-link passes and spark transition from defense to attack was genius and I hate he abandoned this formation) but he has made all european clubs look at their Youth Players with more confidence and opportunity. That is revolutionary on its own in some ways.

PS- I used his 2015 formation up until 2 season ago on Top 11 and I have won the league 8/10 times and kept many clean sheets and scored at least 80 goals a season. It works and it's hard to counter.
    As I've said, Poch is a good manager. However, you can make a similar argument for another of Marcelo Bielsa's disciples, Diego Simeone, who has achieved more with an even smaller budget at Atletico (prior to Wanda Corp's recent takeover). In fact, I forgot about Rafa Benitez, whose Valencia side is the only other side other than Atletico to break the Real Madrid and Barcelona's strangehold in La Liga. Benitez even popularized the 4-2-3-1 in the late 90s and early 00s which served as the basis of Spanish tactics over the past decade. Or what about Leonardo Jardim, whose expansive brand of attacking football using the old 4-4-2 and wide wingers took Monaco's youngsters to the Ligue 1 title over PSG and almost to the brink of European success? These guys, alongside Poch, are all really good managers.

However, Mourinho, Guardiola and Klopp are on another level; they redefined modern football. There are literally books written about them and their tactics. Mourinho almost killed off 4-4-2 and his defensive tactics is now copied almost everywhere. Guardiola pressing, possession and six-second recovery rule served us with some of the best attacking teams and most dominant in recent memory. Klopp's gegenpressing, lightning transitions and hunting in packs can elevate weaker teams to the level of far superior ones. In years to come, these three will be treated with the same kind of reverence we do now for Arrigo Sacchi, Rinus Michels, Valery Lobanovskyi, Johann Cruyff, etc.

Apprentice
    Idk if the budget was smaller, Daniel Levy gives poch like a 30 mill euro spending limit each year. Plus this year, due to stadium upgrade, poch is unable to bring any new players in and he still is in CL knock out stages, caraboa semis, and top 3 in the league. I digress as I feel as we will never agree and I see your point and I know im biased as I am a tottenham fan, I just think he reflects most what everyone is doing on here whether they are good or bad at the game. Mourinho, Klopp, Guardiola, etc., is as appealing to me as slapping Micheal Jordan on every 2k game box. Like we know he's awesome but we should shout other solid or amazing performers who have yet to carve out their legacy.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    The Warpstars - League Level 25 - Club Record: 746W - 120D - 146L
    Goals Scored: 3094 Goals Against: 863
    Club History
    11 League Trophies: 3,4,5,7,8,9,10,17,18,19,24 | 6 Runner-Up: 2,6,11,13,16, 20
    2 Cup Trophies: 5,7 | 4 Runner-Up: 10,17,19,24
    0 Super League Trophies: | 0 Runner-Up:
    3 Champion's League Trophies: 2,10,22 | 4 Runner-Up: 8,12,19,24
    0 Triple Crowns:

Legend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    maloukees likes this.

Apprentice
    Mou deserves a lot more respect period.

Should be Marcelo Bielsa on his bucket! ALAW!

How long mourinho will be the icon of TE?-marcelo-bielsa-724771.jpg
    Leeds United USA

Est. 2016

Jupp Heynckes forever.

Dreamer
    When i said pep is the best manager at CURRENT time, means we are not looking back too much at the past...

Yes mou did well for porto and inter... Same logic can be used for ranieri did for Leicester, or greece coach back in euro few years ago... They all had great past glory...
    But i think mou has pass it...
    TheWhiteKirby likes this.

Famous
    RIP as football manager Mourinho

In other words enjoy your family life

And please do not break more clubs down like you did with Man U.

Best tweet of the year.

How long mourinho will be the icon of TE?-leeds.jpg
    TheWhiteKirby likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12