View Poll Results: Are negotiations permanently over ?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Negotiations are over. I would never buy a player last week of the season .

86 86.87%
  • I might by a player with nego, even the last week.

5 5.05%
  • I don't care, never bothered with negotiations.

8 8.08%
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Negotiations are over ?

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    Another "interesting" thing about the new situation @Tactician is that some players look "invisible" in the nego market.
    For example at those days I have this player. The logic says that he should be in some list.
    I do not intend to sell him of course but still wonder - Nobody is interesting to make an offer for him ?
    Not even those classic 0 tokens ?
    I do not think it's a coincidence

Attachment 129143
    Either they are invisible or users don't want to bid for such players, but I have been checking the negotiations tab regularly since the negotiation window was opened and have I not seen even 1 offer on any player in the list (no activity at all). Another thing I noticed is that there were players of 97-98% in the list too. I have (or had) some players on 97%-99% in my squad too but no offer came so far. It seems that negotiation is dead here, which comes back to the question: why not remove it completely and replace it with something more useful for the mass; it seems that only those that exploit using multiple accounts on the same server are the only ones that can benefit from this feature.
    Last edited by Tactician; 09-11-2019 at 05:03 AM.
    funker likes this.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

Apprentice
    I might be in the super minority here, but I think I like negotiations better this way. Instead of being annoyed by the constant person on the hunt for my obvious prize player all season, people have to make intelligent decisions at the end of the season. They can't just pick the best, highest rated player because in a few days that person will lose a star. It makes you consider age, potential, and worth before you blindly harass people other players. I haven't found a negotiation that has peaked my interest since the update but I will admit that before, I would just go for the youngest, highest rated player all season. But I like it this way as well since it makes the auctions worth while.
    The Warpstars - League Level 25 - Club Record: 746W - 120D - 146L
    Goals Scored: 3094 Goals Against: 863
    Club History
    11 League Trophies: 3,4,5,7,8,9,10,17,18,19,24 | 6 Runner-Up: 2,6,11,13,16, 20
    2 Cup Trophies: 5,7 | 4 Runner-Up: 10,17,19,24
    0 Super League Trophies: | 0 Runner-Up:
    3 Champion's League Trophies: 2,10,22 | 4 Runner-Up: 8,12,19,24
    0 Triple Crowns:

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhiteKirby View Post
    I might be in the super minority here, but I think I like negotiations better this way. Instead of being annoyed by the constant person on the hunt for my obvious prize player all season, people have to make intelligent decisions at the end of the season. They can't just pick the best, highest rated player because in a few days that person will lose a star. It makes you consider age, potential, and worth before you blindly harass people other players. I haven't found a negotiation that has peaked my interest since the update but I will admit that before, I would just go for the youngest, highest rated player all season. But I like it this way as well since it makes the auctions worth while.
    No offence meant but read the following.

How does the current negotiation help you in terms of making recruits? What is its use in the game for you?

If they removed the negotiation feature completely, people will have zero chance to annoy you the way you said as opposed to now where they still can if they want in the whole of the 4th week. Secondly, restricting negotiation to only the 4th week is not a measure to prevent other users to annoy you by using this feature; a clear, proper measure would be to provide a button to switch the player's status to not accepting any negotiation offer at all (which means the player will have no active negotiation offer button nor will he appear in the negotiation list; negotiation turned off for the specfic player). So, if people were annoying you or abusing of the feature, you could have asked for a 'turn off' option in the suggestion thread.

Are you serious about that part in bold in the quoted area above?

'worthwhile
    /wəːθˈwʌɪl/
    adjective
    worth the time, money, or effort spent; of value or importance'

How does it make auctions more worthwhile? In fact, it makes buying players from the auction more difficult because it causes an increase over the already increased competition (due to having a common list with many different levels on the same server) for the same player in the list as users have less options to make recruits since the negotiation window is closed. Briefly, with the negotiation window closed, you have more chance of spending more money, time and effort to successfully buy a particular player from them auction list, so how is it more worthwhile?

Below are listed some of the effects of having Negotiations closed for the first 3 weeks of the season.
    (1) Less options for making recruits in the first 3 weeks, hence less chance for a user to find the type of player he is looking for. Logically, managers should be buying most of their players in the first 2 weeks; so, the user is like forced to use more expensive options like the scout list or recommendation list.
    (2) Increased prices of players in auction.
    (3) Significantly less chance of selling players via negotiations; so less tokens and cash returned back.

It is a clear loss for many users but a clear gain for the company. It does not really prevent upselling as upselling can still be done in the last week of the season and the user just has to readjust the players quality at the start of next season by using training drills that target the lowest skills.
    Last edited by Tactician; 09-12-2019 at 10:56 AM.
    nikolgiorgos likes this.

Apprentice

Cool

Negotiations are defnitely not over. Just got a hefty DMC for like 1 token in 100 M from a manager
    Club History
    0 Triple Crowns:

Apprentice
    Replying to that other guy, Yes. I think it feels more like an actual transfer window than just someone annoying you all season. I think negotiations are a cool feature. When someone does make an offer for my player, I kind of feel honored as my player is good enough and recognizable by other managers out in the game. And with the new restriction, they can only bug me for this player I'll never sell to them for a limited time, and eventually will give up and move on, especially if I troll them and hold their tokens for 24hrs, as they have a limited time to secure other options in the negotiations tab. I see why people may want to rid the system all together, and to them I say just ignore the tab. But great things can come from this, especially if it's with another active manager. Like I said- I just got a young DMC with like 200% passing and 150%+ defensive stats rated 5.9* at 99%. I can train him to hit 6* by the end of the season, I already checked he's a quick learner, and he will continue to develop and be a bedrock in my system for at least 3 more seasons lol. This can happen with auctions, but I guarantee for a player like that I would of have to cough up 40+ tokens at least and still not win, I got this guy for 10 tokens and 100m.... Just saying.
    Club History
    0 Triple Crowns:

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWhiteKirby View Post
    Replying to that other guy, Yes. I think it feels more like an actual transfer window than just someone annoying you all season. I think negotiations are a cool feature. When someone does make an offer for my player, I kind of feel honored as my player is good enough and recognizable by other managers out in the game. And with the new restriction, they can only bug me for this player I'll never sell to them for a limited time, and eventually will give up and move on, especially if I troll them and hold their tokens for 24hrs, as they have a limited time to secure other options in the negotiations tab. I see why people may want to rid the system all together, and to them I say just ignore the tab. But great things can come from this, especially if it's with another active manager. Like I said- I just got a young DMC with like 200% passing and 150%+ defensive stats rated 5.9* at 99%. I can train him to hit 6* by the end of the season, I already checked he's a quick learner, and he will continue to develop and be a bedrock in my system for at least 3 more seasons lol. This can happen with auctions, but I guarantee for a player like that I would of have to cough up 40+ tokens at least and still not win, I got this guy for 10 tokens and 100m.... Just saying.
    It's good to know that the negotiation works for you. For your DMC, I can do it with only 1 token. For example, I buy a 18yo FT at the beginning of the season and train him white skills (not using green packs). At the end of the season he will be 6*, maybe he will be not at 150+ def stats but I guess yours is 19 or 20yo.

Apprentice
    Yeah mine is 20 yo. I really have no clue why he sold him but I'm glad he did
    Club History
    0 Triple Crowns:

You guys know that negotiation screwed this game, it should come to light to everyone about mutants in top eleven.
    The negotiation destroyed this game a few years back till now, the exploits have not been fixed you won't get far if you cant get mutants like
    https://forum.topeleven.com/top-elev...l-trained.html
    and these not even close to greatest mutants.

I realize most of the players who play these are retarded, and some of them are just good players that use this method as its just part of the trend to follow or you'd just lose out for no reason.

The negotiation destroyed this game a few years back till now
    No, the associations destroyed the game. To be more specific, the visual to all Top 100 list and the chances to sell teams or groups .
    I 'm playing the game from 2014 and before asso we didn't have any problems with tanking or mutants. There was a limit in skills of players.
    Also negotiations have fun. Now it's the only interaction that left between human players for transfers.
    Last edited by Ποσιδονας; 09-18-2019 at 09:02 AM.
    pvisa1 and milpol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ποσιδονας View Post
    No, the associations destroyed the game. To be more specific, the visual to all Top 100 list and the chances to sell teams or groups .
    I 'm playing the game from 2014 and before asso we didn't have any problems with tanking or mutants. There was a limit in skills of players.
    Also negotiations have fun. Now it's the only interaction that left between human players for transfers.
    In some way, the old auction market was better, where we could get Nordgens usually in the morning, and later more players from users that were selling. One (if not the only) negative of the old market was that it was harder get the desirable 5 star nordgens, especially those of certain positions on some servers. Negociations provided buyers more choice and sellers could get back a decent amount of tokens and cash. It was a decent option for those who did not have time to watch auctions for long.
    Last edited by Tactician; 09-18-2019 at 09:55 AM.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast