Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: Let’s talk seriously about tanking (or staying on purpose in the same League level).

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iansyorkcityfc View Post
    got to be better rewards for winning league/cups etc has to be tokens for top 4, still lose 20%, all those below to bottom 2 lose 20% as well,also lose two best players as this would probably happen in real football
    Loosing players is unrealistic for the game as the program is very "fragile".
    We must have in our mind to give "easy" technically suggestions.
    If the program will try to find those teams and remove players , it will be a huge mess. causing terrible bugs.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by Der_Ryan_M View Post
    I kind of disagree here niko. At the end of the day this is an economic simulation game, where you gather (or buy for real money) ressources and use them in the best way possible to do well in the game and be better than other players.
    To be fair, the realistic part in this game doesn't bother me a bit. I don't care if a skills says speed or shooting, because in the numbers of the game it doesn't matter. We just know (or knew) that white skills make your player better.
    And of course this is unrealistic when a DC with 1% speed is a very good player. But who cares? People play this game to win games and trophies and try to outsmart the opposition with the tools the game gives you. And it will always be that way. In a competitive game very few people care about realism, mostly newer players maybe. So if speed would be a white skill for a DC would it be another game? I don't think so, you would maybe just train a bit different, thats all.
    Imo there needs to be a catchy thing about the game, which makes you wanna play more. Gather more ressources, invest more money and dominate your opponent. Skills were that thing for the players, who invested more time into the game than casual players.
    @Der_Ryan i do believe that in some part the game must be managerial but after some point, the preparing of the team must stop and we should have also the coaching part.
    At old times I was very active in the section of the forum about formations and tactics.
    It's been two or more years that I don't reply there any more. Has no meaning.
    Sometimes only I reply with advice in some new players in the Greek forum (thinking myself - what I 'm writing now )

I would like if they create a new category , create a Diamond category after Platinum and it will be reachable with 1500/1600 points + .So association with mutants teams( or heavy tanker teams) will fight against each other there and they will not make the life impossible for plat associations that play fair. At least we will know that only mutants or heavy tankers will be capable to stay there

“Football is born in the brain, not in the body"

@ IImaestroII that remind a lot of converstations I had with friends and sports mates at old times.
    Instead of playing Hide and seek between the federations, WADA and the athletes, let those who want to use dope, steroids or whatever to make their own games without any control from anyone and the rest of the athletes, only with nutrition and training.

Of course the problem here is that those who are playing and care only for asso games, involve also in the other official competitions.
    I don't care to play for League, just only for asso games with my old group-mates - but without having a super team or mutants.
    Sometimes I wasn't present and didn't have the time to switch to my tanking formation so played some League games with normal team and orders.
    That's why I agree with the idea of loosing in auto with a 0-3 in every league game.

Quote Originally Posted by IImaestroII View Post
    I would like if they create a new category , create a Diamond category after Platinum and it will be reachable with 1500/1600 points + .So association with mutants teams( or heavy tanker teams) will fight against each other there and they will not make the life impossible for plat associations that play fair. At least we will know that only mutants or heavy tankers will be capable to stay there
    If nordeus wants to have those teams for their vitrine then it's ok with me.
    I don't have a problem with those managers.
    What I don't like is when they mess with the other official competitions.
    And what I don't like is that I have to drop quality, sell some great players I invested tokens and greens so to avoid them.

Anyway, I 'm familiar with the idea of not playing in platinum. Just playing for fun in Gold 1.

I was for some time in the top, with madflo, toxcatl, bunzo and some others but with a 2nd team I had in that group (before 2 years).
    Let’s talk seriously about tanking  (or staying on purpose in the same League level).-4-12-no23.jpg

Ok was fun but not a big deal.
    100 tokens plus 70-80 in some seasons.
    There was some kind of bug, giving extra tokens, I think in the teams that had a good position in that mysterious Standings list.
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 03-27-2019 at 02:09 PM.
    IImaestroII and milpol like this.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    Maybe to be able to build a special skill or extra position, together with raising quality ?
    To add here a suggestion I made (because I read some suggestions about reducing 20% for all the teams even if they don’t promote)
    The first repeated season do not loose, but the second tanking season to loose the 20% of quality like been promoted.
    To distinguish the professional tankers from those who had a bad season.
    When i stay it's just because of that " build a special skill and extra positions",but 1 season only,somethimes,it's not enough if you want a S-skill and 2 extra positions.
    It's possible using green packs but wat if you buy,like i already did ,7 yong players?!?It's gona be 1050 greens , i can't get this in 1 or 2 seasons (maximum for me it's 280 in 1 season).
    So why not 1st season no loose,2nd 10% then 3rd 20%?

Other reason it's when i can't play,because of personal reasons or when i'm on a break or vacation for 3 weeks like every year

Assos.....i don't care because i don't play it,but i stayed 2 times only to have other league opps,because playing 4 or 5 seasons with the same opps can be booooring.

But after all i must say that i agree with almost all your suggestions
    Last edited by scalle; 03-27-2019 at 01:39 PM.
    SEASON => 75
    LEAGUE WON => 36 ; 2ND place => 5 ; 3RD place => 5
    CL WON => 20 ; 2ND place => 6 ; 3RD place =>6
    SUPE LIGUE WON => 2
    CUP WON => 14 ; 2ND place => 6 ; 3RD place => 6
    SUPERCUP => 1

Addicted
    Niko has a point, I never thought it was possible but at level 24 I was placed in a league with all active teams, this means 8 will be promoted but 6 will remain in the same level, want it or not (somo of the teams faced with taht reallity are tanking) never the less its a great leguea with lots of emotions apart form a 154% tanquer which wins most of the games and is a sure champion.

I'm the second worse team and I can say I learned more this level about the game then on the other 23 won't win anything but still will have some fun

Other thing, I don't know since when but if you are planced under 8th place in the league you don't earn the associations prize!
    Last edited by NUNO FC; 09-02-2019 at 02:14 PM.
    gogs67 and maloukees like this.

Well freedom of choice is a nice thing (at least if you do not disturb the others)

One account I have is in a permanent tanking.
    I do not play any game the last two seasons. All count as a 0-3 loss (but a draw at Team stats).
    It should be that way
    Let’s talk seriously about tanking  (or staying on purpose in the same League level).-tigran-12-draws-66-unbeaten-%CE%B2.jpg

and not like some tanking teams like in that asso group.
    Playing 1,5 year, LV4, won 18 cups vs -50% teams
    Let’s talk seriously about tanking  (or staying on purpose in the same League level).-asso-group.jpg

Let’s talk seriously about tanking  (or staying on purpose in the same League level).-asso-group-tasos.jpg
    Ποσιδονας and milpol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    Why many teams are tanking?

5) Some managers are interest only for associations so they keep their players only for those games (specially if they are mutants or “well-trained” or with very high quality).
    Winning or just promoting in the next level has not enough rewards or motive.
    But it is said in the League rules that, to qualify for association division rewards, a team has to end up 8th or above in the League or to be promoted.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    But it is said in the League rules that, to qualify for association division rewards, a team has to end up 8th or above in the League or to be promoted.
    Those teams are old at platinum/top100 so they have earned a lot of tokens (plus a good stock of greens).
    They earn almost every season about 65 tokens from the contract and the daily box plus a good amount from seasonal events.
    They are permanent tankers so they do not spend any tokens, they do not need any tokens till replace a player at retirement age (who played 15 seasons for the team ).
    They are proud to play at platinum or to be at top 100.
    Some of them doing that for national reasons (look how great managers we are the Turks or the Russians), some of them waiting a chance to sell their team/group for real money.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast