Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: Let’s talk seriously about tanking (or staying on purpose in the same League level).

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar

Let’s talk seriously about tanking (or staying on purpose in the same League level).

First let’s say that there are two categories.
    - The “professional” tanking teams . The pro tankers, staying permanently in the same LV, for many seasons
    - the teams that occasionally repeat the League level.

Why many teams are tanking ?
    1) Some teams want to make a stronger team and be more competitive in the future seasons.
    To gather for one season sources (tokens and boosters)

2) To avoid some strong opponents they ‘re playing together for some seasons.
    The game mechanics, after some levels, tend to put you with the same opponents every season. So if there are some heavy tokens buyers (or what else), the manager can see from the start of the season that is hopeless to go for the title and drop it.

3) Sometimes anger and disappointment is the reason.
    When someone had a “troll” result and disqualified from the Cup or some bad results vs weak teams in the League.

4) Because there is not enough time to play for personal reasons or during a vacations period or because we just want to make a break.
    Also many managers have more than one team but don’t have the time to play also with them competitively.

5) Some managers are interest only for associations so they keep their players only for those games (specially if they are mutants or “well-trained” or with very high quality).
    Winning or just promoting in the next level has not enough rewards or motive.
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 03-23-2019 at 01:13 PM.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Let’s analyze those points above and see the reasons and maybe some solutions.

1) Some teams want to make a stronger team and be more competitive in the future seasons.
    Train well few players and gather for one season sources (tokens and boosters) is a reason.

Ok, the game gives some free sources to play and have a descent team but maybe not for all.
    An active manager can have 35 tokens from contract + 30 tokens from daily login and the mystery box and some tokens from asso tournaments (let’s say 30 tokens is something logic). There are also 25-30 free vids per day for boosters but not for every one.
    I guess from some countries they don’t have this number from providers.
    The truth is that with the new auctions (new, ok the last two years) young good players are very expensive.
    So a player 18-19 y.o. with a special ability can cost over 50 tokens. More than half the seasonal budget of an active manager.
    The end of negotiations made things worst as special players are much more expensive
    Also some extra income from buying 3*-4* players and selling them with nego stopped too.
    Auctions need improvement, like less viewers to see a current auction and maybe once in a day to have a special option – one player to be seen only from our team for example.
    Maybe to be able to build a special skill or extra position, together with raising quality ?
    To add here a suggestion I made (because I read some suggestions about reducing 20% for all the teams even if they don’t promote)
    The first repeated season do not loose, but the second tanking season to loose the 20% of quality like been promoted.
    To distinguish the professional tankers from those who had a bad season.

2) The League must have some mix of qualities. Some teams good, some average and some weak/abandoned so we can take a breath with bench players or get some domination scores against them.
    Also I don’t understand why from some level , you continue playing (almost) with the same opponents every season.
    Maybe we can have some better mix or teams from different servers ?
    The C.L./S.L. and Cup can have opponents from different levels (maybe near LV, so to have similar sources and experience) but playing with associations (similar) quality.
    This will also help with the issue of the dead end at the top of the server.

3) The game engine must reduce the troll/fixed results.
    Anyway we have (or must have) some opponents good teams for an “open” match and result.
    Why to have this random effect vs abandoned teams ?
    The presence of the manager must be rewarded. Maybe with a bigger effect of the training bonus and orders.
    Many times we observe that those has no effect in game play (not against good teams and managers who are present in the game and maybe take counter actions, but teams with no manager and probably 0% training bonus).
    Also if a manager is trophy hunter/ perfectionist and see that he lost the CL or League or Cup too early, maybe have the option to repeat the level at the end of the season (but with the cost of reducing the team quality by 20% like in promotion).

4) If someone wants to make a break, I made a suggestion to add a save/load option in the game.
    A suggestion I ‘ve read was to promote every team to the next level despite the position.
    This is very bad.
    First the leagues will be full from abandoned teams (and the game engine will give us more troll results in excuse of making the game scores more “realistic” – lol).
    This is not gonna help the problem with the teams in the top of the server because the CL and Cup draw still starts from the top, not from the bottom.
    Then a manager who will be out of the game after 3,4,6 seasons and then return in the game, will find his team destroyed, with terrible finance (and facilities if he is in lower levels) and probably gonna abandon it for ever.
    Anyway, there is no game that continue playing with your game character if you ‘re not active.

A good solution would be the “Take over from a lower or 1st level again”. We had that in the old TE but removed.

Many managers have a second team for using to FA tournaments. I did that, many others too.
    Unfortunately to find a good member to complete your asso group when someone leaves, isn’t so easy to replace him so an easy solution is a member to use his reserve team.
    You don’t have the time or the energy to play in competitions with that team, so you ‘re doing a permanent tanking.
    Must be another way to find easily available managers for your group.
    A manager to declare that is looking for a group and the groups to be able to check and invite them.
    Unfortunately with the rule of asso rewards, after the 1st weak a manager has no motive to join a group, so a tanking reserve teams still is the best option.
    Also if you want to stay level but use your team for asso tournaments, must be an option to declare in loosing all the league games with a 3-0.
    You cannot loose games on purpose but to set the normal squad only in some specific games so to manipulate the League winners.
    If you deny to declare the 0-3 option and do that, must be a serious penalty like a temporary (next season) ban.

5) So, no motive for promote ? Of course.
    A professional tanker can have a place in asso Platinum or in top100, can win the cup every season, maybe the CL or SL too (because he won it previous season) and can have many chances in those exceptional events because with a 8*-9* squad is easier to confront the final stage against the super bot teams with similar quality (so earn 100-150 tokens and items for prizes).
    In the meantime, can save the tokens and the packs of a season.
    That’s why many teams after the new rule about asso tokens reward and League promotion continue tanking – because they have gathered so many sources.
    What I suggest –
    Remove the option to play again in CL if won the CL/SL of previous season.
    I can’t imagine how a team that won the CL/SL previous season, cannot finish at top8 of the League.
    SL (if finish 5-8th) is a remarkable trophy too and can also give the treble achievement.

Also if the treble is the ultimate target and a tanking team isn’t playing for the CL/SL, must not participate in the Cup too.
    I ‘ve seen a lot of super tankers winning Cups in a row because with a 8*-10* team, even if playing vs +1 lv teams, can beat them.
    How many times a team that could not manage to promote, won the Cup ?

Max quality of a player could be 8*, 140%. If someone wants to increase the quality more, could do that only with buying tokens and use the personal trainer (not with saved tokens).

There must be a new training system for TE 2020, fixing the abnormal skills (the mutants) where the skills must be connected with the game play.
    The reward of asso Platinum instead of being 100 tokens, must be 50. Or 50 plus a free premium jersey from the shop.

League must give also some tokens. We had for example the League top scorer earning 15 tokens but they removed that.

Remove the Top 100 list. If you check the majority of the groups and the teams, it’s just for laughs.
    Many times the motive there is nationalism or just to sell for real money teams or groups.
    Most of them are using tricks but we are loosing features of the game with that.

The events must be like the King of the Hill, between real managers, not against impossible 8* bot teams.

Please do not reply the posts because they are too big.
    Copy-past a part if you want and use Quote in the selected.
    Feel free to add your experience, opinion or suggestions too but stay on subject, about tanking.
    Thanks
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 03-24-2019 at 07:48 AM.
    khris, Der_Ryan_M, milpol and 9 others like this.

My opinion :
    I agree at everything! You suggest all the good ideas! If you were in nordeus you would have made this game awesome!
    I hope that they will listen to those ideas .
    nikolgiorgos and iptables like this.
    For official in-game help please refer to Top Eleven Support here.
    I upload top eleven content on my YouTube Channel.

The point 5 that you explained Niko shows what is Top Eleven today, great post, if they deal with that only trolls will reamain as a problem

“Football is born in the brain, not in the body"

Quote Originally Posted by IImaestroII View Post
    The point 5 that you explained Niko shows what is Top Eleven today, great post, if they deal with that only trolls will reamain as a problem
    The game engine must reduce the troll/fixed results.
    Anyway we have (or must have) some opponents good teams for an “open” match and result.
    Why to have this random effect vs abandoned teams ?
    The presence of the manager must be rewarded. Maybe with a bigger effect of the training bonus and orders.
    Many times we observe that those has no effect in game play (not against good teams and managers who are present in the game and maybe take counter actions, but teams with no manager and probably 0% training bonus).
    That's my suggestion about that.
    IImaestroII and iptables like this.

I don’t see the point of tanking,you get grouped into similar strength divisions anyway so what is the point? Just roll with it, win as much as you can and move forwards!
    maloukees likes this.

I understand and agree with almost everything except this

Max quality of a player could be 8*, 140%. If someone wants to increase the quality more, could do that only with buying tokens and use the personal trainer (not with saved tokens).

I am not cool with pay to win advantages.
    LEAGUE WINNER 8
    LEAGUE RUNNER UP 5
    CUP WINNER 4
    CUP RUNNER UP 4
    C.L. WINNER 2
    C.L. RUNNER UP 4
    TREBLES 1
    SUPER CUP WINNER 2
    CUP DOUBLES 3
    CUP TREBLES 1

Thanks for spotting this and give me the chance to analyze it a bit more.

First I want to say that I don't mean the existing option of personal trainer which is a little crazy.
    I mean the option to train a player from 140% to 160% with tokens like using greens - maybe green tokens
    But still we are talking for a big amount because even if the player is a young fast trainer, he 's gonna need maybe 400-500 green tokens (about 40$).
    If there is a token buyer who spends that money for one player (for one season), I respect that because contributes for the rest to play this game for free (and read & write in this forum too).
    I 'm talking about token buyers because this time many managers have big amount of tokens and greens (from associations, tricks or tanking) for free.
    It's the same tactic nordeus used when started to give extra tokens (from associations) and removed the option to buy official items from our stock (as we had this the old times).
    But it's not right to see every suggestion above individual but as a whole pack, a general update of the game.
    So (considering other suggestions) a team with a 150% q team will play in a CL or Cup with similar quality teams, no matter their level.
    The game engine will find teams from +-10 levels and gonna make a super strong competition.
    Maybe from other servers too (we see that the game can cross servers - in auctions, associations, some events).

Also if we have improvements in game mechanics, a good active manager using the right formation, orders, training bonus, win bonus, support, arrows, skilled players, might can get a good result against a team 20-30% plus.
    Because of his managerial skills, not from troll.

Let’s talk seriously about tanking  (or staying on purpose in the same League level).-peter-troll.jpg
    IImaestroII and iptables like this.

Dont allow to tank for more then 2 seasons if you tank third season you also lose 20%

Let hem fix the Cup draws no more managers who are 3 levels higher /manager-level should only 1 level higher if necessary so we can get a fair draw
    maloukees likes this.

I think it's a great idea but to make this work they should go back to the old match calculations where skills actually mattered a whole lot. Friendlies are gone now, upselling is almost dealt with... Please increase the value of high white skills again!
    milpol and iptables like this.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast