Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: CL final...thanks!

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mercury View Post
    I won - My formation/tactics/players/hair colour was the deciding factor.

I lost - Asian ghost team/match engine/server error/opponent's shirt colour f*cked me up.

Why do I still read these forums??
    Pretty much sums up ALOT of this forum lately.

HARDHAUS
    Season 5: Ongoing...
    Season 4: League: Runner up (again behind my GF, she's becoming my Nemesis... lol Cup: Lost in 1/4 Final CL: Winner
    Season 3: League: Winner Cup: Lost in Semi CL: Eliminated in Semi (by my gf.... sigh!)
    Season 2: League: Winner (Undefeated) Cup: Eliminated in Quarter Final. CL: Winner
    Season 1: League 2nd place (played last 12 games, up from 8th). Cup prelims (before taking over) CL n/a

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
    I'm using the 4-1-2-1-2N against a

DR------DC-----DL
    DMR-----------DML
    ------CM--CM------
    --------AMC--------
    -----ST-----ST-----

I can't use my usual 4-5-1V

They've made the 4-4-2 too strong now.
    Perfect counter you have. you should win easy

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjenon View Post
    Why bother with talking about formations etc? Its all decided by the dreaded game engine, remember....??

Grats on your win!
    This is where you need to expand on your comment.

I agree that the game engine decides the game without the input of the managers during the game. The game engine takes all the info of the formations and players before the game starts, hence the lockdown with a few minutes to go, and simulates the game and then creates the commentary which can be manipulated depending on what the manager does during the game presenation.

So formations are still relevant, it just doesnt matter if you change it after the game starts.

Dreamer
    CL final...thanks!-cl-final-2.jpgCL final...thanks!-cl-final-3.jpgCL final...thanks!-cl-final-4.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CL final...thanks!-cl-final-1.jpg  

Banned
    congrats Uni!

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    So formations are still relevant, it just doesnt matter if you change it after the game starts.
    And this is where i disagree.

I've played matches where i've struggled for 60 mins, then changed/tweaked my formation/tactics - and ended up winning 4-0 in the last 20 minutes.
    And yes sure, i COULD have won 4-0 no matter what, i'm not arguing about that. But on several occations i've noticed that switching things around a little (or alot...) has changed the match and has been very good for my team. Last one i remember was a game i was struggling against a pretty weak team in my league who was playing 4-4-2 classic. I eventually switched to Narrow Dia (you know - the one the whiners say doesn't work anymore since they probably lost ONE game trying it. Newsflash: playing any "counter formation" isn't an "I-Win" button either......), and got a comfortable win in the end.
    HARDHAUS
    Season 5: Ongoing...
    Season 4: League: Runner up (again behind my GF, she's becoming my Nemesis... lol Cup: Lost in 1/4 Final CL: Winner
    Season 3: League: Winner Cup: Lost in Semi CL: Eliminated in Semi (by my gf.... sigh!)
    Season 2: League: Winner (Undefeated) Cup: Eliminated in Quarter Final. CL: Winner
    Season 1: League 2nd place (played last 12 games, up from 8th). Cup prelims (before taking over) CL n/a

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjenon View Post
    And this is where i disagree.

I've played matches where i've struggled for 60 mins, then changed/tweaked my formation/tactics - and ended up winning 4-0 in the last 20 minutes.
    And yes sure, i COULD have won 4-0 no matter what, i'm not arguing about that. But on several occations i've noticed that switching things around a little (or alot...) has changed the match and has been very good for my team. Last one i remember was a game i was struggling against a pretty weak team in my league who was playing 4-4-2 classic. I eventually switched to Narrow Dia (you know - the one the whiners say doesn't work anymore since they probably lost ONE game trying it. Newsflash: playing any "counter formation" isn't an "I-Win" button either......), and got a comfortable win in the end.
    sure, the possession bar/meter during the game coupled with the improving commentary gave you the impression that your changes actually did something positive. You go on believing that you actually did something. That is your right. You switched your formation and the possession bar changed accordingly. That does nothing to change the results that were determined beforehand. Nice try though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mercury View Post
    I won - My formation/tactics/players/hair colour was the deciding factor.

I lost - Asian ghost team/match engine/server error/opponent's shirt colour f*cked me up.

Why do I still read these forums??
    What happens if its a draw?
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123