Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: That's it, end of the line. Game is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnerZed View Post
    I've heard this argument many times - it makes no sense at all.

#1 When teams lose to lesser opponents in real life it because the lesser team got their tactics right - defensively solid, exploited their opponent's weaknesses etc. Ajax did not beat Real Madrid by NOT training and leaving their team without a manager on the sidelines.

#2 THIS IS NOT REAL FOOTBALL it's a videogame. You should be rewarded for the effort you put in. If you played a fighting game and you're told that regardless of what you do there is a 10% chance that you're going to lose, would you argue that that's okay because everyone loses a fight sometimes in real life?

I've never complained about losing a match to active managers, regardless of their teams' quality, but troll results should NEVER be defended.
    I agree with #1, it's frustrating when there's no logic to why you lose certain games. The game would be improved if it was clearer why we lose certain games.

I don't agree with #2. I know you just used it as an example, but this isn't a fighting game where you expect a precise reaction for each action. As has been said a lot of times before, this is a game of chance. The actions you take and the efforts you put in should increase your chances of winning, not guarantee it. I think overall the game just about achieves that - I put in quite a lot of effort and I've won my league for the past 4 seasons.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludo_Mansio View Post
    I agree with #1, it's frustrating when there's no logic to why you lose certain games. The game would be improved if it was clearer why we lose certain games.

I don't agree with #2. I know you just used it as an example, but this isn't a fighting game where you expect a precise reaction for each action. As has been said a lot of times before, this is a game of chance. The actions you take and the efforts you put in should increase your chances of winning, not guarantee it. I think overall the game just about achieves that - I put in quite a lot of effort and I've won my league for the past 4 seasons.
    Just to clarify, everything I said is meant to be taken in the context of the blurb at the bottom. Active managers should always have a chance of winning (and by extension, a chance of losing to other active managers) regardless of quality.

Point #2 was only in reference to "troll" results against inactive teams, where the game engine gives you a ridiculous result not because of the effort of your opponent, but just because it wants to.
    iansyorkcityfc likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234