Page 125 of 227 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175225 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 2263
Like Tree1342Likes

Thread: Season 40

Quote Originally Posted by Zeon View Post
    to lower my frustration, i bought myself a present:

dont know if he is actually worth 16T, but he is a player I can really use:
    I only have 2 good strikers: third one is quite low quality, which I wouldnt use in an important match)
    I dont have a good AMC: isnt that important, cause I use mostly 4-5-1V, both my good wing players are AML/ML and AMR/MR. Still good to have the posibility to go for narrow diamond
    I needed a free kick taker: the noob striker was one, but he doesnt play, and on of my defenders is one, but defender with free kick isnt that amazing

Lets see if I can squeeze a third season out of him^^
    Aaaawwwww you out-bid a little child! How heartless

Just noticed that my Mr.Scoutlist suddenly refreshed.... there are now 3x22yr olds. Is a 22yr old DL with SA (defense wall) at Q48. Would have bought him if I didn't had that DL/DC 8* + SA
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    That 5 minute warning on the mobile app isnt that great, by the time it loads up you can't make any late changes for the up coming game.
    What i meant is that as soon as the 5 min message was up i logged in, took me 30 seconds. It's not that i couldn't make changes BEFORE the match, the match was ALREADY started and it was at minute 25.

Wednesday. Day 11.

LEAGUE: Match 9. TONGFANG UNITED (64.9) v LONDON CITY (72.7)

Result: TONGFANG 0-4 LONDON
    Goals: Criban 5pen, Zola 14, Robins 32, Andersson 50
    M.o.M: Jeremiah Whyte

We usually have hard games against these opponents, but today was different, The match was over as a contest by halftime. Yonni Criban put us in front early on, from the penalty spot. Oleg Yashin crossed for Adam Zola to add number two, and Yashin again supplied the pass for Percy Robins to make it 3-0, with only half an hour played. Five minutes into the second half, Stig Andersson fired home a free kick to finish the scoring. For the rest of the match, the players visibly eased up, but our host's couldn't take advantage.

OTHER LEAGUE RESULTS:
    Lalas 2-2 Alcudia, Olympiakos 0-3 Legends, Danis 0-4 Shileno, Real 3-0 Kukula, Phetchana 0-1 Yakuza, Minh 3-2 Jeleznik

CHAMPS LEAGUE: Group Match 5. SAYAN FC (66.1) v LONDON CITY (72.7)

Result: SAYAN 1-2 LONDON
    Goals: Yashin 21, Sarsour 39, Zola 45
    M.o.M: Adam Zola

We went into this game, knowing a draw would guarantee us a place in the knockout stages. But the win gives us a great chance now of finishing as group winners. All the goals came in the first period. Oleg Yashin put us ahead when he jinked through the home defence and fired passed the 'keeper. Zahi Sarsour equalised soon after, but Adam Zola restored our lead, right on the halftime whistle. The second half was a goalless stalemate, but we won't complain.

TEAM TALK.

Today's win still leaves us second, just a point behind Minh Chi, who we play tomorrow at our ground. Pto Alcudia still remain in third, but are now five points behind us, after their draw today. In the champions league, we finish our group matches with a home tie against Ercan FC, from Turkey, who seem to be our closest challengers. A draw would be good enough for us to secure the top spot in the group.

Ljepoje and dv8r like this.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

Balkan Boyz - Matchday 10 (Sz.5 - lvl5)

HEADLINE: Comfortably win for the Balkan Boyz in the CL and League!

CL: The Balkan Boyz have continued their winning form in this seasons Champions League tournament, defeating the Swiss team "FCO" today with 1 - 3. Goals scored by Safet Sušić, Stevan Jovetić and Mario Mandžukić. The Balkan Boyz have dominated Group F so far, winning all five games, and appears to be on its way to the playoffs (final-eight) without any noteworthy problems. The team will face "Olympique Barca" from France in the 6th round on Friday.

LEAGUE: Things are looking good for team at the moment as Manager -Ljepoje- and his Balkan Boyz are at the top the table, with 27 points from 9 games, after their win against the Vietnamese "Tay Ninh FC" today. A game that ended 0-4 to the guests in which Edin Džeko, Safet Sušić, Adem Ljajić and Hasan Salihamižić all scored. The Balkan Boyz are currently unbeatable and are facing the Israeli team "Iztik Yan" tomorrow, a game in which they could tighten their grip and extend their lead with 9points if they manage to win. Manager -Ljepoje- stated that tomorrows meeting would be a important game and a crucial game for both sides as well since both teams are playing to secure or hold-on to the 1th resp 2nd place. Balkan Boyz are expected to start with their best lineup against "Iztik Yan" tomorrow, despite the CUP final-eight game against Fenerbahçe SK later on that evening.

Over&Out!
    PROUD MANAGER OF...

And once again the TM was jacked with server generated 5* players this morning. I didn't participate in any but bookmarked this player since I knew it would end up in a bidding war - and it did!

The "winner" is the opposite manager in my CL, playing in group E (TanerGS). He was up against another turkish player, but he pulled out in KO-round 72..... Price: 73T + 48,1M

Chris Rath likes this.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...

Addicted
    Nice double bid in R73. Did he do that more often?^^
    League: 1st - 1st - 3rd - 2nd - 2nd - 1st - 3rd - 1st - 3rd - 2nd
    CL: x - Ro16 - 2nd - Ro4 - Ro8 - 2nd - 2nd - Ro16 - 1st
    Cup: x - Ro8 - 1st - Playoffs - Preliminary - Qualifying - Preliminary - Playoffs - Qualifying - Ro8

███████████
    ███████████
    ███████████

Quote Originally Posted by Zeon View Post
    Nice double bid in R73. Did he do that more often?^^
    Yeah, but only the last 5 rounds since the other bidder (also turkish) started to do the same. My first thought was that they did so just to "out-bid" the 3rd bidder (a spaniard), but then I noticed that they did it only because the winner was a GS supporter and the other a Fenerbahçe/Beşiktaş supporter.... Probably that's "why" they took it to 73KO-rounds (more hate than afterthought)

He is now -32M in debt
    PROUD MANAGER OF...

FC Kneipenkick update Day 10:
    League:

Today FCK faced Echte Liebe (37.6), who under-performs a bit in the league. Chris was confident in-his 4-5-1V-style (played it mostly this season) against Echte Liebes 4-4-2, so it was only the away team manager who watched the match at lunch time. Both teams were equal on chance, but Díaz-Rahi (45.), Decker (57.) and Kunz (76.) made it comfortable 3-0 for FC Kneipenkick.
    Tomorrow Kneipenkick travels to second ABC, who usually fields a 4-DMC-3N1-1.

CL:

Good CL run so far as well, but the 4th match at home vs. Breizh FC was a tricky one. The away team led 1-0 up to minute 65, but then an injury forced the away team manager to change his formation and FCK used it, made pressure and turned the match into a 2-1 win. On the final group stage day we play Jurug TEAM at home.
    In the other groups Lions FC caught my eye. The team is close to 5* (39.2) and has an active manager, who watches his matches and seems to know what he is doing.
    Last edited by Chris Rath; 05-16-2013 at 12:55 PM.
    Ljepoje likes this.

Founded: January, 16th 2013
    League level: 20
    "We are no cup team, we are a pub team"

- FCK stories from time to time, when I look around. -

9/9 w so far. Playing the bottom of table side tonight, easily the worst team in our league, [not because of their current position, but seems they have simply abandoned the team, not upgrading] what's the bets I get stuffed by the NGE? I'll still be top regardless anyhow.

Also, what's with people doing reviews on their own performances? :/
    Last edited by Keith Gaule; 05-16-2013 at 01:01 PM.